Oak Ridge streak in trouble

yellowdog

Oak Ridge will win a state championship in the next 3 years. They will be VERY tough this year. And with a great chance of goign undefeated. Growing up in Oliver Springs, I am very familar with the OR mystic and tradition. The Wildcats simply have the best athletes on a year to year basis than any other school in East Tennessee. Sure, AE and even Alcoa ( which is great for a 3-a and 2-a school) sometimes can match them at the skill positions, however overall OR has sent more players to big time schools than any other school in East Tennesee of scholarships. No one is even close.

Any doubters need to realize that OR has gone through a transition period. They will be back in a big way.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS91 I agree with you Oak Ridge will get back on top...only after they get a new coach that has a passion for winning, cares about the players, gets the athletes on the team and the best on the field instead of being consumed with the ego and power trip of who steps on the field on friday nights. At this juncture players who could with out a doubt help the team aren't out for football, getting in trouble, leaving the team or sitting on the bench because they don't kiss up.

Long live the WILDCATS!

catwatch,

I have a few questions for you:

Do you see any changes being made in Oak Ridge if they have the same kind of season they had last year?

What players are missing from the upcoming OR squad that could make definite contributions?

Who will win the Anderson County/Oak Ridge game this year?

What do you think Oak Ridge's record will be this year?

Do you currently have a son on the OR football team?

You seem quite sure that leadership is the problem in Oak Ridge. Who would you like to see take the leadership role in Oak Ridge?

Do you support the OR Football Boosters in any way?

Thanks for your time.

[Edited by ohreally on 7/24/02 7:36A]

Guest fbwiz

rebelron,it's more about attitude than line play.quarles is a very special coach,and his attitude has a positive impact on the other coaches.this kind of environment brings out the best in each player on the team.as long as this attitude remains intact maryville will continue to have good-great teams.OAK RIDGE MUST FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN LEAD THEM TO GREATNESS AGAIN,BUT THAT HAS YET TO HAPPEN.HOW LONG WILL THEY WAIT?I DON'T KNOW.I HOPE THEY DON'T TAKE AS LONG AS JEFFERSON COUNTY.

ohreally, to try and answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1] Changes?.....I pray yes.

2] Players missing?.....To name a few: Doran Lee, Dimitrius Strickland, Geoffery Lee, Troy Whitson, Jason Rowan, Josh Booker, Jason Hedrick...more later.

3] Who will win OR vs AC? AC

4] 4-6

5] No

6] Gaddis, Stevens, Rankin, ANYONE BUT BRUCE.

7] Not this year.

You are welcome

[Edited by catwatch on 7/22/02 2:46P]

Ahhhhhh FBCheeseWHIZ... I dont have to look at that TN CampbellCounty/Jellico/CrossvilleBLAH BLAH magazine you refer to.. I looked at numerous preseason college magazines such as Athons's, Street and Smith's, and others that state JUNIOR runnning back Corey Booker at Oak Ridge is considered one of the TOP 5 RB's in the COUNTRY for the Junior Class. They receive their list from the top of college football recruting. He will be considered a top 20 player overall in the high school ranks Um... need I say more?

Catwatch, you seem to know your OR information, but I strongly disagree with you on your last post. I do not think that AC has a chance to beat OR this year and I strongly doubt they will go 4-6. This years team will be a lot better then you think, I can promise you that. The players have a lot of heart this year and really have some good talent coming out. I think they have a good chance at winning the region again and going deep into playoffs. Just because you don't like Bruce Lussier doesn't mean that the team will suffer a let down season again. Give the boys a chance, they just might surprise you.

stardust, Must admit the last post was wrong. SURE DO think the players have the potential to have a great season, make it to the playoffs and beyond. You are right. The players are loaded with talent and heart. Not good to let disgust for someone make you negative. Did not really mean it that way. They had talent last year also. So let me recant! Sorry.

How about 7-3 regular season...9-4 hopfully better.

Catwatch, I agree with you the OR team has alot of talent as they did last year. Hopefully the BID RED can win the games they are supposed to despite the problems and not have a suprise like last year at Heritage. If the best players are on the field instead of the infamous DOG HOUSE they will go far!