Bearden VS. Catholic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden 3 - Catholic 1

Agreed. I have not seen Catholic play with their full squad yet, but Bearden has way too much offensive power to be stopped. If you try and shut down Webster, Shonefield will kill ya; if you worry too much about Shonefield, Webster will eat you alive. I do think that Catholic is a VERY strong team. #8 is an extremely intelligent player and a hard worker, but in the end, there might not be a team in the state that can hold off Bearden's attack. Still, Catholic is the best AA/A team I have seen thus far, and they were not even at full strength.

Sounds good "soccertimenow"...Bearden 3, Catholic 1.

Bearden played a very unimpressive game and lost 1-0 to a goal in like the last ten minutes. Congrats Catholic, you have proved you are a impressive team

i did not see you there pinball..... and to answer the others kids question, it was that 20 year old ricardo that scored for catholic.

I would have bet my paycheck that there was no way that Bearden would be held scoreless this year. Congrats to Catholic on a win over a very tough team. Anyone have more details on the game?

For a 1-0 game, there were alot of chances. Bearden hit the post on a deflection about 15 minutes into the first half. Catholic hit the post on a header about 10 minutes later. I don't know what the shot count was, bu I suspect Bearden had a slight advantage. However many of them were long shots that were handled easily by the Catholic keeper.

I would guess that the quality chances were pretty even. Bearden did have about 10 corner kicks and got one very good header on goal that went straight to the keeper. After Catholic's goal, they had two more really good chances. Beardens keeper made a great save tipping the ball over the goal on one, and forced another shot wide from about 5 yards out.

Schoenfeld and Webster are good, but I was also impressed with Alex Wilkerson. He was dangerous on several runs. The backs for Catholic were just able to steer them away several times.

ahh, i am glad to hear ppl talk about wilkerson, he is only a sophmore but he is very dangerous, and their other really good sophmore is patrick harmony. they will be ones to watch and keep an eye on for sure. anyways to the game, thank you uniden for the information i dont get to attend a lot of games anymore, so i am glad other people do and dont mind to share their thoughts. i am really suprised bearden did not score... i thought they would score at least 2 every game, is it possible i over estimated the duo of tom and aaron? i guess time will tell good luck bearden and congrats catholic on an impressive win.

with all these questions about private schools does this help prove that private schools and public schools are on an unequal playing ground with the privates having a distinct advantage over the publics my question is this why not make them play up in triple A would this not make since I mean they beat a strong contender in Triple A year after year they compete for a state championship like last year CAK farragut played to a 1-0 farragut win so i think the privates would have better compittion going up a level and then it gives the small publics a chance that they obvioulsy don't have i mean the whole state championship in two A is privates for both boys and girls does anyone agree opr disagree?