Bearden VS. Catholic

and i would say year after year that is the case

and i would say that g normally has more club players but this year numbers are down

and yes any kid can play club but with whose money you have to be exceptional to get scholarships on club teams and from the county i see alot we dont have to many come through like that and by and large people who pay for highschool can afford the cost of these club teams

think g what is the cost of these elite club teams in knoxville if you arent great you must have money and granted these kids on the good club teams are all good but how much did they pay out of pocket for the coaching they have recieved to this point in our community we rely on ex players and dads we can't afford much else

Dude! Learn the rules of grammar and punctuation if you want your posts to be taken seriously.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, The Knoxville area and East Tennessee, are hot beds for soccer, you have an unusal situation where Bearden, Farragut, KCHS and CAK are all within 10 miles of each other, they are all drawing off of great club teams in west knoxville, no one is cheating, they just have a lot of good players in west knoxville......end of discussion.

The only debate that should be brought up is how are the privite schools able to play in A/AA against public schools period. I thought they made Divionsion II for a reason, for privite schools to compete against one another. The only advantage that privite schools have is they have an ability to recruit. Not to say that they are able to recruit athletically but because of other things a privite school offers, like academics, recruiting still goes on. Don't act like this does not go on. I have SEEN letters that were sent from privite schools to individuals asking them to attend their school and they would recieve "help" to pay. This individuals were also incrediable athletes.... conscidence? Give me a break. So why are privite schools allowed to compete with public schools?

The only debate that should be brought up is how are the privite schools able to play in A/AA against public schools period. I thought they made Divionsion II for a reason, for privite schools to compete against one another. The only advantage that privite schools have is they have an ability to recruit. Not to say that they are able to recruit athletically but because of other things a privite school offers, like academics, recruiting still goes on. Don't act like this does not go on. I have SEEN letters that were sent from privite schools to individuals asking them to attend their school and they would recieve "help" to pay. This individuals were also incrediable athletes.... conscidence? Give me a break. So why are privite schools allowed to compete with public schools?

Great! I am sure the TSSAA would love for you to send them a copy of those letters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sigh...

Do you honestly think that the A/AA teams in this discussion reruit? Like Laz said, do you think that these schools are giving money to soccer players? We can't give aid and still be in D1.

It gets old to be accused of cheating. Yes, there is a disparity in A/AA soccer. I have never argued against that. But don't accuse me of doing something dishonest or against the rules just because we have had success.

Division II was created to address a dilemma over need-based financial aid and the old "quota rule."

Last fall the FRA girls won the A/AA state soccer championship. Your generalized and unsubstantiated accusations toward private schools unfairly diminish the efforts and accomplishments of that group of girls. So let's be a little more specific --

1. Which of those FRA girls were recruited?

2. Who recruited them?

3. How did the recruitment occur?

4. When did the recruitment occur?

5. What "help" did they receive toward tuition?

If you don't have answers for these questions, then perhaps you will agree that your broadside criticism of private schools is unfair, if not downright offensive.

sigh...

Do you honestly think that the A/AA teams in this discussion reruit? Like Laz said, do you think that these schools are giving money to soccer players? We can't give aid and still be in D1.

It gets old to be accused of cheating. Yes, there is a disparity in A/AA soccer. I have never argued against that. But don't accuse me of doing something dishonest or against the rules just because we have had success.

hey g but who is reaping the benefits of the disparity last i checked it was five in a row and each year you would have contended against farragut and bearden the eventual 3A champs i would say a little more than disparity and G do you know anything about these letters does your school send letters to athletes you would like to attend or do you yourself? not accusing just curious

Division II was created to address a dilemma over need-based financial aid and the old "quota rule."

Last fall the FRA girls won the A/AA state soccer championship. Your generalized and unsubstantiated accusations toward private schools unfairly diminish the efforts and accomplishments of that group of girls. So let's be a little more specific --

1. Which of those FRA girls were recruited?

2. Who recruited them?

3. How did the recruitment occur?

4. When did the recruitment occur?

5. What "help" did they receive toward tuition?

If you don't have answers for these questions, then perhaps you will agree that your broadside criticism of private schools is unfair, if not downright offensive.

my thing is the privates in 2A can compete in 3A and the publics in 2A cannot compete in 3A so it is unfair to the small publics to compete against the privates and i can see why private advocates want to stay like it is that way they dominate the small schools they have no business competing with i mean in Knoxville for example CAK and Catholic since being put back in with the publics have won their district with no competition but i am sure g will say different and then they dominate region and sectionals and go play the other privates at state and have some really good games but other than that their competition comes against the large schools in 3A which they compete with and can beat most of

my thing is the privates in 2A can compete in 3A and the publics in 2A cannot compete in 3A so it is unfair to the small publics to compete against the privates and i can see why private advocates want to stay like it is that way they dominate the small schools they have no business competing with i mean in Knoxville for example CAK and Catholic since being put back in with the publics have won their district with no competition but i am sure g will say different and then they dominate region and sectionals and go play the other privates at state and have some really good games but other than that their competition comes against the large schools in 3A which they compete with and can beat most of

Sorry Easttnref you had my interest peaked when you were discussing the the effect that club soccer has on the HS game. But you lost me on how this is a private/public debate.

It is true the private schools have more club players than most public schools teams do, but I believe that will change with time. For example, The boys that I coached in the mid 90's are just now finishing up their college degrees. And out of that group I will predict 3 or 4 future coaches, and maybe more when some of those other young men start their families. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who knows I might get back in it, when the grand kids come along!!!!!

UmCAKwasneverD2sotheyhavealwaysbeenwiththepublic.CorrectmeifI'mwrong G.

sigh...

BIG G...... never said that one of these schools was CAK. Actually i never mentioned any particualer school that did, only stated that i have seen the letters and that i know it goes on. Laz..... would LOVE to send a letter in but I never recieved one and had possission of one. Only stated that i have seen it. Just stating that A FORM of recuiting was going on. Actually now to think about it, i know of public schools that do some form of recuiting as well......

Laz there's a reason why these schools are getting away with it. Simple because these schools are REALLY good at covering up there trails or use technicalities to there advantage.

I will retract my statement that they are recieveing "help". That i said but did not think about the schools that gave help. G you're right and as i think i can not name a school that is A/AA that gave help. i apoligize for that statement and that statement only.

Now for me answering the FRA questions..... i didn't even know FRA won state much less who there players are. i couldn't even tell you a single girls name on any team in tenn. BECAUSE IT'S GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! Quiet being redicuilous. i simple stated that i know of recruiting instinces and everyone think i'm accusing EVERY SINGLE PRIVITE SCHOOL. My generialized statement? Every privite school recruits..... that's a generalized statement! Something you will not read in my privious post. Read before replying to a particular post. Just think that privite should stay privite and public stay public. If they are able to compete agaisnt one another then why brake up into D-1 and D-II. Heck... i would much rather we do things like kentucky, where everyone plays for ONE state championship, but i do understand why TN breaks them apart. Never understood why we break it up like we do.

Actually when i try to explain how we do it in TN to people in Kentucky, they simple look at me like i'm stupid and don't understand why we do it like we do. oh well.... no everything is perfect