Brandon Tarr

BigG

To squash any rumors, and to hear straight from the source, we wanted to post what's going on.

Brandon initially thought that he wanted to take this spring off, as a break before his college season started. Since starting soccer at age 4, he has played near year round since that time. He figured of all the times that he could do it, this spring was the best option. So, after the Alcoa match, he approached me and said that he was going to sit this one out.

As in many things in life, you sometimes don't realize how much you will miss something until it is gone. Brandon and I have communicated often, and this week, as we talked, broached that subject. While many teams would have just jumped at the chance to get him back, and just openly take him right away, I decided the team needed to be involved in the decision. The captains met with the coaching staff and Brandon and discussed the ramifications and pros and cons.

While from a soccer standpoint, this is an easy decision, there are a lot of other things involved in these kind of situations, and we wanted to address them all before we came to a conclusion.

So to make a very long discussion short, Brandon is back on the team. While that might not surprise many of you, the decision was not made lightly.

If any of you know me, I am very glad to have Brandon back, but not for the reasons you think. He and I have been very close since I taught him in 6th grade, and I am happy for one more season with him before he heads off to college.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really surprised to hear that Brandon was thinking of sitting out his senior season anyways. I know that your body gets physically tired from year round soccer for years, i have been doing it as well. But, for someone that is going to pursue an opportunity to play at the next level, wouldnt you want to play. So you have the best chance of winning a starting spot as a freshman. Also, i was surprised because i would think coach Berson would want his players to always play with the ball. So, good choice by Brandon to play his senior season and good luck to CAK.

I have never seen him play but it is obvious from everything I have read on here....he must be a very special player. Sounds like alot of time and thought was put into this as well. Good luck to him and CAK.

He aint to bad for a 20 year old! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was really surprised to hear that Brandon was thinking of sitting out his senior season anyways. I know that your body gets physically tired from year round soccer for years, i have been doing it as well. But, for someone that is going to pursue an opportunity to play at the next level, wouldnt you want to play. So you have the best chance of winning a starting spot as a freshman. Also, i was surprised because i would think coach Berson would want his players to always play with the ball. So, good choice by Brandon to play his senior season and good luck to CAK.

well club plays in the summer so i'm guessing he was gonna expect to play then, otherwise not playing his senior year would be the dumbest thing he could have done, does their team still play though? i don't know if they are too old or not but if they aren't i bet thats whats goin on. just a guess though it may be for a totally different reason