Hardin Valley Academy (Knox Co)

HVAHAWK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents and future players, will have a chance to meet HVA coaches. The meeting will take place at Cedar Bluff Middle on 4-29-08 @ 7 pm.

Very interesting webb sight and info about HVA meeting. I am sure the concerned citizens and boosters and parents of the schools that HVA will be trying get to transfer into HVA to play football will be there. The recruiting wars continue. I think that Maryville and Alcoa are just down the road on Pellissippi Pkwy. Welcome to the big time Coach Jones and HVA. Who will be the assistant coaches?

also wouldn't they be playing 4A? I mean the rules for the classifications for 2009 say they will go by the 2008 enrollment which is projected to be at 1100 for HVA. That would be 4A size. Almost 3A. they would be better off going ahead and making them a small 4A school, because the enrollment will only grow. Wouldn't be very good to have them start out as a 3A with huge enrollment then to have it get bigger and bigger and be in the mid 4As or possibly 5A, enrollment wise, while still classified as a 3A.

also Jeff County and Campbell Co. are 5A. Just doesn't make any sense to play teams far away and cost money to get there when you could walk to Farragut or Bearden or Karns

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad here. I am very interested in how the team will perform the next few years. I was just pointing out with gas prices being high it doesn't make sense to have them going all the way to Jeff. Co. in a teams first year of football. and its not even varsity. I am sure in just a few short years they will be able to compete and beat some of the better teams around here.

And with the classification thing, I just thing it would be better for TSSAA to go ahead and make them 4A instead of 3. Just my opinion.

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad here. I am very interested in how the team will perform the next few years. I was just pointing out with gas prices being high it doesn't make sense to have them going all the way to Jeff. Co. in a teams first year of football. and its not even varsity. I am sure in just a few short years they will be able to compete and beat some of the better teams around here.

And with the classification thing, I just thing it would be better for TSSAA to go ahead and make them 4A instead of 3. Just my opinion.

HVA is only playing freshman and JV next year. The schools you mentioned might not have the openings on their schedule because they usually play the JV and freshman teams that were already on the the schedule that was made two years ago for them. When HVA plays varsity next year then they will have a schedule in their region and also non-region. T$$AA does not care about gas prices or travel unless it is Maryville complaining about it.(5A)

HVA is only playing freshman and JV next year. The schools you mentioned might not have the openings on their schedule because they usually play the JV and freshman teams that were already on the the schedule that was made two years ago for them. When HVA plays varsity next year then they will have a schedule in their region and also non-region. T$$AA does not care about gas prices or travel unless it is Maryville complaining about it.(5A)

TOUCHE'

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP......Just a reminder....Parents and players can meet Coach Jones tonight. The meeting will be at First Baptist Concord @ 7:00pm.

Did anyone go to the meet the coaches night for HVA? I am curious if Coach Jones has hired any assistant football coaches.