new coach for Independence

coloma20

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, since this is very hard, the powers should find who they want and then negotiate unless this is not that important. There have been some coaches in the reviews of this second round that will be able to fill the needs both in teaching and on the court. They are not the caliber of HM or for that matter CW. The selection would not be as difficult if HM hadn't been hired. Get over it, you are not going to get another one of those at this point. parents will have to get over it. maybe you have one in the current faculty member. Continuing on like this is not productive.

Maybe, since this is very hard, the powers should find who they want and then negotiate unless this is not that important. There have been some coaches in the reviews of this second round that will be able to fill the needs both in teaching and on the court. They are not the caliber of HM or for that matter CW. The selection would not be as difficult if HM hadn't been hired. Get over it, you are not going to get another one of those at this point. parents will have to get over it. maybe you have one in the current faculty member. Continuing on like this is not productive.

I agree, HM was a gem, and you should not look to replace her. The new coach should be allowed to make their own history. No use looking back, the future is now. You have to believe there has been enough interviews to make a choice. If the first choice does not accept, then go to the next best. Everyone is ready to move forward, let's get positive and get this done.

Does the last years asst coach still say he would rather not coach? While losing a coach and a Principal does present a problem, they are only people and the world does not end and organization still takes over even if people have a problem making it work. This delima may be a teaching process in itself in an institution which has to be known as ione of the most creative, positive, times in a students life. This poster wonders what this is teaching it's students. If there is some adversity in life........................ To its favor, it is continuing to try to continue but looking back teaches some lessons on how situations like this might be handled. It is only a small problem that solutions and organization could not handle, what else is going on?

Does the last years asst coach still say he would rather not coach? While losing a coach and a Principal does present a problem, they are only people and the world does not end and organization still takes over even if people have a problem making it work. This delima may be a teaching process in itself in an institution which has to be known as ione of the most creative, positive, times in a students life. This poster wonders what this is teaching it's students. If there is some adversity in life........................ To its favor, it is continuing to try to continue but looking back teaches some lessons on how situations like this might be handled. It is only a small problem that solutions and organization could not handle, what else is going on?

With only seven girls on the team, they should have found time to include the rising 9th graders. At least they would have had enough to scrimmage at practice. This is definitely a life lesson of preperation and perserverance.

After the last couple of months, the seven left standing have shown their toughness and will to survive.

Thanks!

Little bird says Miriska Reed (google her)

Trevecca Womens Basketball Star

2 Time NAIA Honorable metion All-American

Led team to NAIA finals @last years National Championships (finsihed runner up)

TSSAA Miss Basketball finalist

Won the TSSAA State Championship @ Ezell Harding

Runner up State Championships

Jersey hangs from the rafters at Ezell #23

#2 leading scorer in the history of Ezell Harding, just handed the ball over to Leah Mcalister this past year.

She has been coaching at Pat Summit's basketball camps for the past few years.

(summit is some coach from the eastern part of the state)

Coached at HoopTown AAu

High School Camps through out nashville

Comes from a basketball family, father former college player and high school coach, current AAU coach, runs summer basketball camp in Nashville area.

I know this Coach well, she is a great player, who will make the transition from playing to coaching with not much of a problem. She understands and is a student of the game and has always been a leader. She can teach the players how to play. She has the respect of a number of coaches in the successful programs in Nashville, I think I had about 11 coaches call me to tell me the news, everyone excited for her and wanting to schedule her these first two years, because after two years you wont want to schedule her team.

Great choice and good luck to Independance. If the fans were looking for someone to build thier team, from the ground up, they got a great choice. Miriska brings to the table Knowledge of the game, and the path to high school success and then college success. The most remarkable thing about Miriska is that even with all of her success, she is one of the best young, brightest people you will ever meet and although she has the drive of a champion, she has a heart of gold and will be fair and honest with the players.

Great hire, lets hope the fans rally around their new coach.