Sonny Gray

BarnBurner09

I agree that it is 1 team not 9 players...but you can't honestly say that Smyrna has a ligit shot at state without Sonny. I hate it for him, but he still has a very bright future. Yes it takes 9 players and not one, but without him on the hill through the tourney they are not state championship hopeful. Not to mention the HUGE bat that is being taken out of the lineup. But thats just my $.02. Either way, stinks for Sonny but keep your head up. Injuries heal, and yes I agree REST will be good. Good luck to SHS.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened last night was just crazy. I know it takes 9 players and not one but boy thats a tough task for us now. We won't give up because thats not like us and are coach isn't going to let that happen. But it stinks to see his high school playing days end like this. It has been fun though and we will all be watching him someday in the MLB. Good Luck with the recovery Sonny

All I can say is to never count out Sonny Gray. He has battled his way back from more than one injury to play betetr than ever. I wish him a speedy recovery and the best life has to offer.......he is one heck of a competitor.

STOP THE PRESSES STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!2P AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not a doctor, but what is the difference between broken and fracture. That is like saying I am not pregnant, but i am "having a baby".

Most of the time a fracture is less severe. A fracture is a crack in the bone and a break means it is basically in half.

It's too bad that Sonny injuried his ankle and may not be able to finish his senior season of high school baseball. He is very lucky that he is even playing after taking a hit on his non throwing shoulder (it could have been his right shoulder) during the Smyrna vs Brentwood Academy football game. I just spoke with a crosschecker and he was not very happy and felt he had been deceived about Sonny's injury (he was told after making the flight to Middle Tennessee that Sonny would not make his last start because Smyrna had the district race locked up) but that it will not matter when draft day rolls around. Sonny is ranked as the number 21 high school prospect in the latest poll which means he will probably go in the top 4 rounds when you combine the JUCO along with the 4 year college players and the June draft is complete.

I'm not throwing in the towel...I never once said "it's over for Smyrna". I said it would take a miracle and I believe in them. There's no reason to think that the season is over for Smyrna because clearly it's not. It's just really depressing...I heard the air just came out of the Smyrna crowd and that Coach Vetter just sat on the bench for a long time down about it. Sonny really wanted to play and I love that about him. I admire that. That's what I'll never forget about him. He always wants to play and win. If he can get healthy soon maybe it's go time again for Smyrna. Idk it'll be interesting to see the outcome. I would just hate to see it end like this because Smyrna was doing well in district and then dropped 3 out of 4 district games and now all of a sudden it's become sort of a nightmare. We know he's our ace but now we're going to have to play the cards we have to the best of our abilities. I know it looks ugly now and the Smyrna bandwagon might be in flames but fire can be doused and wagons can be repaired. I just hope it's not too late.

I'm not throwing in the towel...I never once said "it's over for Smyrna". I said it would take a miracle and I believe in them. There's no reason to think that the season is over for Smyrna because clearly it's not. It's just really depressing...I heard the air just came out of the Smyrna crowd and that Coach Vetter just sat on the bench for a long time down about it. Sonny really wanted to play and I love that about him. I admire that. That's what I'll never forget about him. He always wants to play and win. If he can get healthy soon maybe it's go time again for Smyrna. Idk it'll be interesting to see the outcome. I would just hate to see it end like this because Smyrna was doing well in district and then dropped 3 out of 4 district games and now all of a sudden it's become sort of a nightmare. We know he's our ace but now we're going to have to play the cards we have to the best of our abilities. I know it looks ugly now and the Smyrna bandwagon might be in flames but fire can be doused and wagons can be repaired. I just hope it's not too late.

It is Farragut's to lose!