Smyrna new HC

Otter

I didn't even think about Crawford until now. He's a great choice, if they can get the compensation right.

Brentwood is becoming a tough job again. Ravenwood's rise and BA's resurgence, along with the oncoming train that Centennial could be makes the Bruins a less than desirable job in some areas.

I think the plum job is really going to be the Stewarts Creek job, whenever they break ground on it. I just love the location of that school. That might kill Smyrna and Blackman.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even think about Crawford until now. He's a great choice, if they can get the compensation right.

Brentwood is becoming a tough job again. Ravenwood's rise and BA's resurgence, along with the oncoming train that Centennial could be makes the Bruins a less than desirable job in some areas.

I think the plum job is really going to be the Stewarts Creek job, whenever they break ground on it. I just love the location of that school. That might kill Smyrna and Blackman.

I agree that the Stewarts Creek job will be interesting. However, I don't know how that will affect Blackman, but I don't think it will hurt Smyrna too much. They do not get a great deal from SCMS right now and from what I am told most of their athletes come from Smyrna Middle.

Blackman will be fine but when they open Rocvale high school THAT will destroy Blackman

When are these to high school's scheduled to be open? I wonder how this will affect their classification (5A to 4A??) standings more so than what they will lose. If both schools affect Blackman, they might drop to 4A. I don't know how many kids will be diverted from Smyrna when SCHS opens, but they should still be 5A I would think. Maybe somebody in the know can shed more light on that.

"along with the oncoming train that Centennial could be"

Oncoming train? Not sure that Centennial is or will be "train" status for a while! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Great Coach!! Wouldnt that be fun!

The guy is a winner. PLAIN & SIMPLE!!! With Smyrna's talent it would be just like plugging Rankin in over at Alcoa after Reid left a few years ago.

Also, the bottom line is that besides the 2001 season he has never got to coach a team that was really and truly a contender for a state title. Some guys are too good of coaches to not have a state title on their resume.

The guy is a winner. PLAIN & SIMPLE!!! With Smyrna's talent it would be just like plugging Rankin in over at Alcoa after Reid left a few years ago.

Also, the bottom line is that besides the 2001 season he has never got to coach a team that was really and truly a contender for a state title. Some guys are too good of coaches to not have a state title on their resume.

did he interview?