Catholic vs. Anderson Co.

oddsmaker

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving the nod to Anderson Co. I have seen both teams play, and I feel that AC has better hitters, better pitching, and better fielding. Should be two great games though, but I see the Mavs on top in both games. Catholic will fall to 3rd in the district after this week.

Giving the nod to Anderson Co. I have seen both teams play, and I feel that AC has better hitters, better pitching, and better fielding. Should be two great games though, but I see the Mavs on top in both games. Catholic will fall to 3rd in the district after this week.

What else is there.....Oh wait Catholic is a much stronger bunting team than AC. And they run the bases alot better except for when they're getting picked off. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How many college coaches and scouts are coming to watch the Irish? The AC games have been pretty crowded with those guys. With the exception of Lindsey I don't see many college prospects on the Irish roster. Irwin can/could hit but that's about it. Anders has the potential but needs to stay out of trouble. AC has White, Farmer, Rorex, Price, Bynum, York. Edge to AC.

The Irish consider 3rd place their spot and are only concerned with holding CAK and Kingston off.

The Irish think AC is overrated and they have a definite coaching edge. I mean really who losses to Kingston?

AC to sweep if they can find the strike zone and avoid switching pitchers early.

It will be a very heated atmosphere on monday and tuesday night. Catholic has already completed their first part of the tradition and that is get swept by Loudon. AC will go ahead and lock up the first place position monday and tuesday. The only reason that Coach Thompson and Coach Downs havent changed the locks on Catholics field is because they like for all the rich parents from Catholic to fix up the field every year so they can come play on it. It can't be a good feeling to have just been swept by a team that AC swept. I wonder which two of ACs pitchers will throw. They have four that can be district pitchers and win those games. Catholic has two and they can't even beat Loudon. Well, good luck to AC and i guess that the only reason that they are playing these games is to see which guy from AC will win the Mvp of the district.

Sorry, No Sweep, leave the brooms at your home

No sweep, no problem. Im pretty sure AC is a lil ticked or should i say P.O after last night. Catholic made a few plays that kept AC from scoring. That is about it. One bad inning killed AC, not to mention the strike zone magically got a little tight when AC was in the field. Im sure there will be a different outcome in round 2.

Game was pretty good thru 5 innings then the Catholic soccer team showed up and helped the Irish snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Nothing like kicking the ball around the infield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Basic t-ball errors on routine plays led to the loss. 2 big errors at 2nd and a comical throw from the pitcher to the catcher on an easy ground ball that led to a couple of runs instead of a double play. Irwin pitched pretty well but it seemed like Sullivan threw him about 150 pitches with most of the last 50 being curveballs. Bet his arm will feel great for a few days. Speaking of Sullivan, can someone buy the man a rule book to prevent further game delays????

Game was pretty good thru 5 innings then the Catholic soccer team showed up and helped the Irish snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Nothing like kicking the ball around the infield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Basic t-ball errors on routine plays led to the loss. 2 big errors at 2nd and a comical throw from the pitcher to the catcher on an easy ground ball that led to a couple of runs instead of a double play. Irwin pitched pretty well but it seemed like Sullivan threw him about 150 pitches with most of the last 50 being curveballs. Bet his arm will feel great for a few days. Speaking of Sullivan, can someone buy the man a rule book to prevent further game delays????

Yeah, the man definitely needs a rule book. Just curious, how can you protest something that is stated in black and white in the rule book? Maybe he was too worried about how AC would respond and forgot how to read. I would be too if i had to play AC the night after probably one of the worst games they had played all year. Monday night, Catholic played the best that they could, AC played their worst and still only lost by 3. 6 errors are you kidding me? Thats not gonna get you too far in the post-season. Good thing Lindsey is a quarterback and not a reciever after watching that last night. Nice job Mavericks. Looks like you found the rocks that has been talked about all season.

Sorry, I was so upset at the last 2 post I miss spelled my user name. BigDawg , does your son play? I don't think so. I think he is getting ready for NAIA basketball so the correct user name was for you GET A LIFE. As for spiderwomen or who ever you are (blackwidow) I know all the boys in the district and to call out Lindsey who is the caption on both his football and baseball teams while also on the honor role while taking almost every ap course offered is silly. No one in this district could carry his jock as an athlete or a person.

As for baseball Catholic out hit and out pitched AC two nights in a row. But , this is varsity highschool baseball and if you make mistakes you loose. So credit Michael White for a well pitched game and AC for taking advantage of mistakes .

Everyone quit there whining... Ac won last naight catholic won monday night its baseball who cares what happen that is the best part of playing baseball there is always a new day... good job to both teams on a well played games both days... ac v.s catholic has always been a big rival but its over now i like to commend both teams on how hard they played i wish everyone the best on the regular season and when district tourney rolls around bring your best catholic cause its all about competion who wants it more

Sorry, I was so upset at the last 2 post I miss spelled my user name. BigDawg , does your son play? I don't think so. I think he is getting ready for NAIA basketball so the correct user name was for you GET A LIFE. As for spiderwomen or who ever you are (blackwidow) I know all the boys in the district and to call out Lindsey who is the caption on both his football and baseball teams while also on the honor role while taking almost every ap course offered is silly. No one in this district could carry his jock as an athlete or a person.

As for baseball Catholic out hit and out pitched AC two nights in a row. But , this is varsity highschool baseball and if you make mistakes you loose. So credit Michael White for a well pitched game and AC for taking advantage of mistakes .

I'm pretty sure that it's my son that is the one who might be playing NAIA basketball. I've only seen a few home games so I couldn't really comment on the other games. Plus I certainly wouldn't call out players several of which I coached for a long time and are friends and team mates of my son. Coached Lindsey since he was 9 or 10 and agree completely with every word you say. Having coached for quite a while I know several players and parents on several teams in the area and enjoy watching them all play just like you since you know them all. Catholic is having a good year and just needs to put it together for district and hopefully regional play.