District 1-AAA for 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you were not aware-all of the prior info does relate directly to high school basketball and the preview for 08-09.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In what way? Ashlee Mitchell (Vance MS), Chloe O'Neil (Blountville MS), Pink Panthers & Science Hill 8th-graders are all great, but since they won't play a single minute in a 08-09 1AAA game I agree that a whole page about them on a HS topic is way too much. Aren't there forums for both MS and girls basketball travel teams?

Maybe there is nothing to talk about in 1AAA girls basketball. If so, I've seen a rising sixth-grader...

In what way? Ashlee Mitchell (Vance MS), Chloe O'Neil (Blountville MS), Pink Panthers & Science Hill 8th-graders are all great, but since they won't play a single minute in a 08-09 1AAA game I agree that a whole page about them on a HS topic is way too much. Aren't there forums for both MS and girls basketball travel teams?

Maybe there is nothing to talk about in 1AAA girls basketball. If so, I've seen a rising sixth-grader...

Point well taken,

I agree, lets move on.

Those kids will directly impact a high school program. Schools that do not have good feeder programs struggle at the high school level. So that is how i see it to be related to AAA Big Nine. Preview I guess not for 08-09.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see where this might fit in, but that would be for the end of the year not the beginning of this year. Anything to make note of that has happened over the summer? Other than Barry Wade becoming the coach at Tenn. High? Anyone have a new transfer?

Volunteer's new coach, Jerry Meyers. Be interesting to see how girls react to a more disciplined program, they've already had couple of girls that dressed out and played some varsity last year quit. They did get a tranfer that will help Price with ball handling, will try to find out who she is and where she's from. Still hearing good things about O'dell girl at post, at nearly six feet tall she would be a big help. Girls were competitive in most games last year, just had no depth. If they have a couple underclassmen step up and the transfer can help Volunteer will pull some upsets this year.

Big Nine should be fun to watch this year!

Don't write Crockett off this season. They have an experienced group coming back and the addition of a very good transfer post player should spell some trouble for teams this year. They will finish in the middle of the pack with a potential upset or two this season. It will be an exciting season in the Big 9.

Speaking of transfers, any chance one or more of the Boone seniors ends up some place close like Crockett, SH, or South? Seems unlikely a senior would transfer just to play a game they may be tired of, but they might make a difference at a program like Crockett or South. Bucdaddio?

Speaking of transfers, any chance one or more of the Boone seniors ends up some place close like Crockett, SH, or South? Seems unlikely a senior would transfer just to play a game they may be tired of, but they might make a difference at a program like Crockett or South. Bucdaddio?

UMMMMMM. Surely not. It wouldn't happen on that end of the State also. This is getting contageous. But stranger things have happened. Wonder if it will be in the paper?