New Clay County High School 2003

ELA

swamp, You can't get to York from here, much less Scott. It's about 90 miles to Jamestown from here, and there's no easy way to get there, unless you to up I40 and then north on 127. If you do that it's about 100 miles. They are much closer to Knoxville than here. The west half is definitely closer for us. If it weren't for York, the east teams would be about the same travel.

[Edited by Antwan on 7/20/02 5:19P]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what figure you're using for mileage from the Crossville/Jamestown exit to AYI, but it would be about 73 miles from exit to exit from AE. It's roughly 35 miles, mostly city driving, from And. Co. to Kingston, so it would be 70 miles for them to Exit 317. (I guess AC could go I-75 North to Hwy 63 west, and go through Scott Co, and that might be closer)...Gibbs isn't anywhere close to any exit, so it would be even worse for them. I feel your pain with York... York is kind of like Grundy County in that they aren't very close to anybody. They are kind of close to Scott High, but that's about it. (It's easier to get from Jamestown to Huntsville than Jamestown to Livingston on SR 52). If the Lebanon-Caryville connector ever gets built, this will be a moot point. And, if your region was a manageable size, this would be a moot point.

By the way, how did we wind up in this discussion? Oh, you said to put york in our region. Nah, we'll pass. Been there, done that.

By the way, 'twan, I would recommend I40 to exit 300 at Monterey, then Hwy 84 North a few blocks to Hwy 62, Then Hwy 62 East to US 127 at Clarkrange. That seemed to be the preferred route of everyone I knew from Fentress and Scott Counties when I was at TTU in the early 90's.

swamp, York has been in our district and region for no less than 25 years. Not trying to be sarcastic, but don't you think I would know the easiest way to get there? The route you described is the 90 mile route I referred to in an earlier post. I'll try to plot you a good route from Kingston so you will be ready when they put them back in your region. hehehehehe

[Edited by Antwan on 7/21/02 11:31A]

I'd only know whether or not you knew the best way if I knew enough of your personal history to know that you'd driven it. For all I know, you could be a 16-yr-old who just got his license.

I also know my way around our region (and our basketball dists, too), and know that Loudon to Livingston or Loudon to York doesn't work, either.

I think York to Portland, or LA to Portland, for that matter, is a ridiculous drive. York to Cannon Co is too.

Either way, I don't like the way the regions are drawn, even though ours has very limited travel. (Scott High is our worst travel, and it's not that long a drive, but US 27 is awful).

swamp, I think I would rather play your district in basketball, softball, and baseball instead of having to go to Nashville to play Lipscomb, Hume-Fogg, MLK. It is about 35 miles to YAI from exit 317. Except for the time difference, it is not a bad trip from here to Kingston(all interstate).

[Edited by Antwan on 7/21/02 11:47A]