New Clay County High School 2003

ELA

Guest birdhunter

antwan...did you use to play for smith co.????

how long ago was it when celina played smith co???

I know they used to play Gordonsville ,but i can't rember when they played smith co.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like most of the mascots and I don't have a favorite! I think the kids should be able to vote for their new mascot and school colors. Some have suggested using Gold as the primary color with either Blue, Red, or Green as the secondary color. I just want to see the matter settled so we can get on with playing ball! There is no question the new school will have more athletes down the road!

Does your liking Gold as the primary color have anything to do with the fact that both county schools have gold in their colors ? Also you said that the students of Hermitage Springs would have the option of attending the new Clay Co high school or not . What is their other option ?Attending school at RBS?You know as well as I do that if 40-50 students move from H.S. to Clay Co. High that the board will not allow HS to remain open and there are some parents in HS that will not allow their kids to attend school in Celina. Let me know your thoughts on this.

You're right on the money about the "Field of Dreams" approach to the new school (If you build it - they will come). I understand the politics associated with this, but several schools in the area (Monroe Co. KY, Livingston, etc) swallowed up smaller schools in their counties and told everyone to deal with it. After a period of resentment, everything worked out. I doubt any of these people would go back to the way things were.

If Hermitage Springs loses 20-25 students from their high school (out of 125) they would cease to exist. Hopefully, all of those students would come to the new county school. With the issue of state/county taxes being what they are, it only makes sense to fund one school in the county - especially when they are as small as they are.