Scores from the Coffee Co. Classic

chs4life

A win is a win. CC enjoyed home field advantage, like any other team would want. we try to stay #1 throughout districts and regions so we do not have to go to the Chattanooga area. Umpires are human and it was very very very late, why not end it by giving the hometown a win and avoid another extra inning. sounds like a win win situation for the umpire. MJ got the short end of the stick, and if it is true the umpire asked the catcher if she had the ball, and she did have it, there is no question the girl should be called out, what other outcome could it of been when you ask a catcher that. I was not there at the end and i do not know. congrats to the girls from CC for even getting MJ into extra innings, cause when that happens anything can happen. But when it comes down to it, it is who gets the bling at the spring fling that matters, and both teams could find a way there. MJ is a true powerhouse, and anytime you get a win from them it is an accomplishment. See you at the boro, crossin my fingers......

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look MJ is a great team, but the way Coffee County is playing right now so are they, bottom line is game was tied 2-2 had to go to tie-breaker niether team scored in the first and in the second MJ's runner at second was thrown out going to third and they couldn't do anything. Coffee County scored and won 3-2

Coffee County had six hits MJ had seven, three by one player, and our number two pitcher FRESHMAN Kasie Vincent struck out six MJ batters. Good luck to MJ in their district tournament.

LADY RAIDERS LETS GO WIN THE DISTRICT!!!!!!

Over the years, I have come to realize, there are two sides to every story, and somewhere

in the middle lies the truth.

And when you put that rationalization to sports....if someone describes a game ending play

as a bang-bang call, (as another has posted) then their team MUST have been on the happy side

of the call. And the team on the sad side will call it a blown or bad call.

I also saw the play in question, and I respectfully disagree with your description of the play.

I saw the umpire standing behind the plate when the play occurred. The umpire then circled around

the play to the mound side of the plate, and asked the catcher if she had the ball. When catcher showed

the ball in her glove, the umpire signaled safe.

From my viewpoint, I did not have the angle to see if the tag was actually made or not. But why would

the umpire circle around and ask to see the ball, if he/she knew immediately, the runner was safe?

Between each inning, the homeplate umpire would stand a few feet from the plate, on the first base foul line.

The 1B umpire would stand on the same line, about halfway between home and 1B.

However, on several occassions, the 3B umpire would walk over to the 3B fence and carry on a conversation

with someone who appeared to be from CC. The 3B umpire was involved in a couple of calls, that got the

MJ fans upset, and when the call at home occured, they were very upset, and the words "home cooking"

came out.

You are wrong the ump was behind the plate when his arms went out with the safe sign.

You are wrong the ump was behind the plate when his arms went out with the safe sign.

You are absolutely, 100% wrong. I too was at the game and had a much better vantage point than your left field deer stand. The ump was behind the plate when the play occured at home. He then moved around to in front of the plate and said to the catcher, "show me the ball!" I heard it and everybody in the stadium probably could have heard him. Upon seeing the ball he then signaled safe.

I too thought it was odd that the ump working the 3rd base side continued having conversations between innings with a CC fan. It wasn't just one inning either.

It was a good game. Hopefully these two teams will meet again this season.

I was not there at all but I have to give my two cents on the fact that MJ left the trophy behind!

NO CLASS

and that is bottom line there is no excuse for anyone to act that way and if they are such a GREAT team and deserved to win then they should have never let it get to a tie breaker and it they wouldn't have to worry about getting second place.

Sounds like to me the better team won that day!!

Maybe since you were not there you might not know the whole thing. Maybe the coach, players, parents as well as everyone from CC who worked the tournament were just plain tired and it was left by mistake. My understanding is that team played from 9:00 a.m. until almost mid-night and they still had to drive home.

The TEAM as well as the COACH have CLASS.

Just my two cents worth!

Ok. I'm just gonna put my two cents in here on the MJ coach and her team. I absolutely, whole heartedly believe that those girls AND their coach are one of the classiest groups I have ever seen step on the field and play the sport of softball. Kacey Pedigo has instilled into that team and players before them everything a softball player should be about. Mental toughness, being a TEAM, no less than your best, etc. Understandably people who were not at that game would call that a "classless act" but I will tell you right now that Coach Pedigo would never do something that would reflect negatively on the girls or on the program. She is a class act, and in my eyes, one of the best coaches anyone will ever come across.

Ok. I'm just gonna put my two cents in here on the MJ coach and her team. I absolutely, whole heartedly believe that those girls AND their coach are one of the classiest groups I have ever seen step on the field and play the sport of softball. Kacey Pedigo has instilled into that team and players before them everything a softball player should be about. Mental toughness, being a TEAM, no less than your best, etc. Understandably people who were not at that game would call that a "classless act" but I will tell you right now that Coach Pedigo would never do something that would reflect negatively on the girls or on the program. She is a class act, and in my eyes, one of the best coaches anyone will ever come across.

Reallynow very well said

Look I have no doubt that MJ coach is a good coach in fact coach Floyd told me during the day yesterday that he had a lot of respect for her BUTshe did leave the trophy and it was not on accident...

But I don't even care about that... DON'T COME ON HERE AND TRY AND TARNISH WHAT THE LADY RAIDERS DID LAST NIGHT IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE CALL FINE BUT THE LADY RAIDERS PLAYED A GREAT GAME AS DID MJ.

Look I have no doubt that MJ coach is a good coach in fact coach Floyd told me during the day yesterday that he had a lot of respect for her BUTshe did leave the trophy and it was not on accident...

But I don't even care about that... DON'T COME ON HERE AND TRY AND TARNISH WHAT THE LADY RAIDERS DID LAST NIGHT IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE CALL FINE BUT THE LADY RAIDERS PLAYED A GREAT GAME AS DID MJ.

All I know is that you don't win a TOURNAMENT because a close call at the plate went your way. And, why does everybody have to hate on a coach over a trophy? Do we really know why she left it? Maybe she had to pull it out in order to get bats, helmets and catchers' equipment in and forgot to put it back in the vehicle.

All I know is that you don't win a TOURNAMENT because a close call at the plate went your way. And, why does everybody have to hate on a coach over a trophy? Do we really know why she left it? Maybe she had to pull it out in order to get bats, helmets and catchers' equipment in and forgot to put it back in the vehicle.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Speaking as a Coach with a game room full of tournament trophies, I've never accidently or intentionally left a trophy in the parking lot. 1st or 4th place... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Speaking as a Coach with a game room full of tournament trophies, I've never accidently or intentionally left a trophy in the parking lot. 1st or 4th place... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Truthfuly i think a lot of you are wrong because the MJ coach is a good coach and she did not leave a trophy on purpose and if i do recall Mj did come back yo get the trophy. So drop it i think some of ya'll are very wrong and some of you are right. This is suppose to be about the girls not the stupid trophy.