cbhs vs usj

hsbaseballfan03

you aren't serous are you?

A coach needs to defend his players. Done in the right manner, no it doen't get the player back, but it let's the player know the coach is behind him as well as maybe keeps it from happening again.

I have been following this thread for a while. I don't know why but here goes nothing. Sometimes a coach needs to let his SENIOR know that what he did was stupid. If that means him not arguing then so be it. Time for some players to grow up and quit thinking its all about them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this thread for a while. I don't know why but here goes nothing. Sometimes a coach needs to let his SENIOR know that what he did was stupid. If that means him not arguing then so be it. Time for some players to grow up and quit thinking its all about them.

"Here goes NOTHING" is a definite understatement. If you think Gant thinks its all about him then you don't know and have never met him!

I don't care how bad the umpire is a high school player should never get in any adult's face. I do not know Gant, but apparently he is this type or he would not have done this.

well since you dont no him you probably shouldnt be saying anything there should you big boy. cuz like daddy always says if u have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all

Game two - CBHS 5 USJ 1...good ballgame. Overby pitched most of the Game for USJ, then Gant pitched in relief. Drew Martinez went the distance for CBHS.

More of the same, how bad was the umpiring this time? Must of had something to do with it. Martinez hasn't been a pitcher since his middle school days at Collierville. Can't wait to see Gant mouth off to an SEC umpire and see what happens. Total bush league. No excuse for letting your team down because you can't controll your emotions. That is the weakest CBHS team in the last five or six years at least but still good enough to go to USJ and win with a centerfielder on the mound. Did little Martinez play shortstop or is he still in the dugout serving his suspension for acting up in class? Maybe that is the secret to the Brothers.....a little discipline. Its a down year in Memphis baseball, don't see any of the Memphis area teams taking it all except for maybe Bartlett if they get it all together and quit coasting from last years run.

More of the same, how bad was the umpiring this time? Must of had something to do with it. Martinez hasn't been a pitcher since his middle school days at Collierville. Can't wait to see Gant mouth off to an SEC umpire and see what happens. Total bush league. No excuse for letting your team down because you can't controll your emotions. That is the weakest CBHS team in the last five or six years at least but still good enough to go to USJ and win with a centerfielder on the mound. Did little Martinez play shortstop or is he still in the dugout serving his suspension for acting up in class? Maybe that is the secret to the Brothers.....a little discipline. Its a down year in Memphis baseball, don't see any of the Memphis area teams taking it all except for maybe Bartlett if they get it all together and quit coasting from last years run.

Really? Interesting observations. It is the same team as last year minus Blake Forsythe. Martinez has been pitching all year and pitched some great games. He also pitched some his freshman year. CBHS at 26-5, Collierville 27-3 (I think), and Bartlett 25-4 (I think) just to name a couple and its a down year?

Just out of curiosity how many CBHS games have you been to this year? And the other Memphis teams too?

Really? Interesting observations. It is the same team as last year minus Blake Forsythe. Martinez has been pitching all year and pitched some great games. He also pitched some his freshman year. CBHS at 26-5, Collierville 27-3 (I think), and Bartlett 25-4 (I think) just to name a couple and its a down year?

Martinez made what three appearances as a freshman? Most everyone but the CBHS people were surprised they won it all last year, most likely the weakest of their ten state championship teams, but they did win it all. They are definitely missing Forsythe this year. They are missing a truly dominate pitcher and I don't think anyone is really tearing it up at the plate this year. More proof at what good coaching and discipline can do for a team. They expect to win every game they play and they usually do. Bartlett is not playing anywhere near like they were last year. I don't think WIlson or Gorgeout are having near the year they had last year. Collierville is a surprise but I don't think they have a dominant pitcher like they have in the past. You win twenty-four plus games in a row though and you are playing good ball. Houston is way down this year and Germantown is not near the team they were when Clark was there. Baseball is down in the metro Memphis area. Go back and look at the roster of Dulin's summer team and the Memphis Tigers summer team, half the rosters were from outside the Memphis area. Who is the dominant pitcher in the Memphis area this year? Hard to find one, Leconte at Briarcest? Gourgeot at Bartlett? Wright at MUS? Have not seen the scouts out this year like in years past when Cain at Houston, both Paxtons at Houston, both Pomeranzs Houston and Collierville, Park at MUS, Holliman, Maholm, and Novarese at Germantown under Clark. It is a down year compared to years past, but the great coaches: Clark, Kelso, and Hopkins will always win and be competitive, just don't see it happening in Murfreesboro this year, hope it does but don't see it.

Martinez made what three appearances as a freshman? Most everyone but the CBHS people were surprised they won it all last year, most likely the weakest of their ten state championship teams, but they did win it all. They are definitely missing Forsythe this year. They are missing a truly dominate pitcher and I don't think anyone is really tearing it up at the plate this year. More proof at what good coaching and discipline can do for a team. They expect to win every game they play and they usually do. Bartlett is not playing anywhere near like they were last year. I don't think WIlson or Gorgeout are having near the year they had last year. Collierville is a surprise but I don't think they have a dominant pitcher like they have in the past. You win twenty-four plus games in a row though and you are playing good ball. Houston is way down this year and Germantown is not near the team they were when Clark was there. Baseball is down in the metro Memphis area. Go back and look at the roster of Dulin's summer team and the Memphis Tigers summer team, half the rosters were from outside the Memphis area. Who is the dominant pitcher in the Memphis area this year? Hard to find one, Leconte at Briarcest? Gourgeot at Bartlett? Wright at MUS? Have not seen the scouts out this year like in years past when Cain at Houston, both Paxtons at Houston, both Pomeranzs Houston and Collierville, Park at MUS, Holliman, Maholm, and Novarese at Germantown under Clark. It is a down year compared to years past, but the great coaches: Clark, Kelso, and Hopkins will always win and be competitive, just don't see it happening in Murfreesboro this year, hope it does but don't see it.

I do see your point, I think you might have the name of the Bartlett pitcher wrong. I have never heard of Gourgeot but I think you made be thinking of Hatfield. There really isn't anyone in the area that is a possible top 5 round draft prospect or anything but I don't neccessarily means that is a down year. If you consider no phenoms a down year than yes but those kids are special, they aren't your average run of the mill high school ball player. Maybe we just had a good run of special kids but you can't expect to have a world beater in the area every year. This years teams are having to be more of a team and I think it makes it fun to watch. No one is riding the arm of one pitcher in West TN. Maybe we just differ on our thoughts of it being a down year. But like I said, I do see where you are coming from.

I do see your point, I think you might have the name of the Bartlett pitcher wrong. I have never heard of Gourgeot but I think you made be thinking of Hatfield. There really isn't anyone in the area that is a possible top 5 round draft prospect or anything but I don't neccessarily means that is a down year. If you consider no phenoms a down year than yes but those kids are special, they aren't your average run of the mill high school ball player. Maybe we just had a good run of special kids but you can't expect to have a world beater in the area every year. This years teams are having to be more of a team and I think it makes it fun to watch. No one is riding the arm of one pitcher in West TN. Maybe we just differ on our thoughts of it being a down year. But like I said, I do see where you are coming from.

Its Hatfield, I know his grandfather, and his name is Gourgeot, the Gorgeous One. I keep calling Heath lil Gorgeout. Sorry.