Reginald Buckner Memphis Manassas

Legend

I'm not sure about top 10-20 but it's possible. I haven't seen enough players that are ranked in the top 50 in order to compare Buckner to people in the top 50. If he's getting the coverage he has been on sites such as rivals etc. then he's got to be a legit top 50 player. I think he's got a great shot at being a 5 star player by the end of the year as long as he keeps dominating and doesn't let it get to his head. He reminds me of Dozier down in Memphis. Almost the exact style of play.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about top 10-20 but it's possible. I haven't seen enough players that are ranked in the top 50 in order to compare Buckner to people in the top 50. If he's getting the coverage he has been on sites such as rivals etc. then he's got to be a legit top 50 player. I think he's got a great shot at being a 5 star player by the end of the year as long as he keeps dominating and doesn't let it get to his head. He reminds me of Dozier down in Memphis. Almost the exact style of play.

I would agree with some of that. I think Buckner is a better ball handler, rebounder, shot blocker, and will be much more consistent once he makes the adjustment. I think Buckner will carry all these traits to the college game.

If you take a step back and think of Thad Young, Brandon Wright, JP Prince, Jamont Gordon, Corey Brewer, Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Reginald Delk, Jarvis Varnado( and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment), and comper Buckner to those players as far as sheer talent I think Buckner is just as good if not better than all those guys. I think Young, Wright, Brewer, and Gordon were all top 10 players. This is just my opinion and I know some will disagree, but I really beleive Buckner is that good. A SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING. What Buckner has done thus far on the AAU circuit is remarkable in itself.....Had Buckner not went into the current AAU season flying under the radar and had he been ranked going in, he would have already vaulted into the top 30 in my opinion.

Buckner was the best player at the Tournement...Hands down. Nathan parker was the most impressive player on the Ballerz south Team. The Ballerz south had at least 7 or 8 players that will play D1 in my opinion, but none at the high major level. One or two might draw some interest and might go high-major (who knows) but for the most part I see a team loaded top to bottom with mid major players (some could have big impacts at the mid major level) , which is very impressive. Nobody on the Ballerz south team is in the same league as Buckner, as a matter of fact there isn't but about 40 or 50 players in the enire country that are in the same league as Buckner, if that many. Buckner is in a class by himself and it would be unfair to compare other senior players to him.

I am about to say something that is going to get alot of debate (most likely) and disagreement.

I beleive Buckner is one of the top 10 to 20 players in the entire country and I would bet when we all look back in three or four years it will be proven out. I have said it a million times, Buckner can play all 5 positions at a very high level if asked to do so. How mnay players can that be said of? I think Buckner is the best player in the state for the class of 2009.

Buckner is the best basketball athlete (only cause he can play any position) in the state, but McDonald is right there with Buckner as the best player in the state!

Buckner is the best basketball athlete (only cause he can play any position) in the state, but McDonald is right there with Buckner as the best player in the state!

I think Buckner is better. Not saying McDonald isn't a great player and a big time talent. I just think Buckner is better. If I had to choose one over the other I would take Buckner.

I think Buckner is better. Not saying McDonald isn't a great player and a big time talent. I just think Buckner is better. If I had to choose one over the other I would take Buckner.

I'd would choose Buckner too! Versatility reasons only! McDonald could play only a few positions very well! Buckner can play all positions very well!

Eh, I've seen McDonald in person and he's VERY VERY GOOD! For him to be only a Junior is insane. I'm not going to say Buckner is better just because he can play all 5 positions but I think they are both even. I don't think that Buckner is as good as Young or Wright as they were both 5 star athletes and ranked in the top 5 in the nation. (Wright finished at #3 and Young at #5 in 2006) I can see Buckner getting into the top 20 and maybe the top 15 in the nation but the top 10 sure will be hard to get into but it's possible.

there you go. You dont no a kid but you run up to them with your advise. Talking about camps and other things. Reggie was not the only kid that got injured. did you run up to the other kids also no. I will tell you why because reggie can play and people act like they care when they dont even no the kid.

people smell somthing in the water and wont to get involved. Buckner dont need your help sir. stay away or next time I will let yo @ss NO!!!!! Stay the Freak away.from any player with the Hoopers Uniform on sir.

What are you talking about? First of all, you don't know what you're talking about. Reggie has an uncle that lives in Philadephia name Carl (who is my first cousin). Carl father is my grandmother brother. If you don't believe me, ask his mom and she will tell you about it. I don't need any hand outs because I'm well blessed. As far as you letting me know, I'm not hard to fine. As a matter of fact, I will be in Memphis this weekend sir. I will meet you wherever....

I'm not saying Buckner just because he can play all 5 positions. I Just think he is better and I would bet he has a bigger impact than McDonald at the college level. Buckner can do everything. I know Thad and Wright were top 10 players, thats why I mentioned them. I think Buckner has more upside than either. Bruce Pearl said that when it was all said and done Wayne Chism would be better than Wright (this was right after Chism signed) I know he was talking about his recruit but 5 years from now we may all look back and say that he was right. Who Knows, I think Wright is going to be a good pro and I don't put alot of stock into Wrights rookie season.

Keep this in mind about Buckner and think about it...Buckner may grow another inch or two and will add about 30 pounds over the next four years..Plus he will get stronger, quicker, and faster just by the natural aging process not to mention the camps he will attend and the specialized coaching he will receive once in college. I don't think Buckner has even scratched the surface.

Imagine Buckner at a legit 6'9 or 6'10 and 230 pounds with much better skills than he has right now. This kid is going to be a BEAST!!!!!!

Tyler Hansbrough was also a 5 star top 10 recruit. While Hansbrough could very well go down as one of the top five college players ever, he will not have a big impact in the pros. With Hansbroughs work ethic I think he could overachive and be a very good role player but not an allstar type. He could turn into a 17 and 8 man at best, which is pretty good. But it would take him a few years to even get that good in my opinion.

I think Buckner has major big time upside. After thinking about it for awhile I would compare him to KG as far as all the things he is capable of doing. And NO i'm not saying he is the next KG either. Put all the ranking aside and just look at what Buckner has done so far and what his stats are for the rest of the AAU season...especially in the big tournements against the top players in the country. Buckner could very well be one of the best shot blockers in the country and at the same time can bring the ball up the court, rebound like a man possessed, and take it to the hole with authority.

What are you talking about? First of all, you don't know what you're talking about. Reggie has an uncle that lives in Philadephia name Carl (who is my first cousin). Carl father is my grandmother brother. If you don't believe me, ask his mom and she will tell you about it. I don't need any hand outs because I'm well blessed. As far as you letting me know, I'm not hard to fine. As a matter of fact, I will be in Memphis this weekend sir. I will meet you wherever....

I apologize, I didnt no who you were. Please understand were I'm coming from. When I look around I always see someone in this kid face. I try to shield him from that type of stuff. You see the OJ Mayo stuff. I wont Reggie to make it the right way. I wont Reggie's name to always bring positive attention to him. Im sorry for that post I will remove it or now.

I'm not saying Buckner just because he can play all 5 positions. I Just think he is better and I would bet he has a bigger impact than McDonald at the college level. Buckner can do everything. I know Thad and Wright were top 10 players, thats why I mentioned them. I think Buckner has more upside than either. Bruce Pearl said that when it was all said and done Wayne Chism would be better than Wright (this was right after Chism signed) I know he was talking about his recruit but 5 years from now we may all look back and say that he was right. Who Knows, I think Wright is going to be a good pro and I don't put alot of stock into Wrights rookie season.

Keep this in mind about Buckner and think about it...Buckner may grow another inch or two and will add about 30 pounds over the next four years..Plus he will get stronger, quicker, and faster just by the natural aging process not to mention the camps he will attend and the specialized coaching he will receive once in college. I don't think Buckner has even scratched the surface.

Imagine Buckner at a legit 6'9 or 6'10 and 230 pounds with much better skills than he has right now. This kid is going to be a BEAST!!!!!!

Tyler Hansbrough was also a 5 star top 10 recruit. While Hansbrough could very well go down as one of the top five college players ever, he will not have a big impact in the pros. With Hansbroughs work ethic I think he could overachive and be a very good role player but not an allstar type. He could turn into a 17 and 8 man at best, which is pretty good. But it would take him a few years to even get that good in my opinion.

I think Buckner has major big time upside. After thinking about it for awhile I would compare him to KG as far as all the things he is capable of doing. And NO i'm not saying he is the next KG either. Put all the ranking aside and just look at what Buckner has done so far and what his stats are for the rest of the AAU season...especially in the big tournements against the top players in the country. Buckner could very well be one of the best shot blockers in the country and at the same time can bring the ball up the court, rebound like a man possessed, and take it to the hole with authority.

I was told the stats were 24pts 14rbds 13blks 8 assist with 2 minutes left in the game. He could have had a quadruple-double

hahaha, that's insane...the white kid helped him out with those assist nailing several three's. Buckner is a legit talent and is a premier player and I hope the best for him. Legend, I believe I know who you are now but just a slight guess. We are going to be coming down to Memphis for the 17U states. Can you give the exact location of where it's being played at? I'd appreciate it!

hahaha, that's insane...the white kid helped him out with those assist nailing several three's. Buckner is a legit talent and is a premier player and I hope the best for him. Legend, I believe I know who you are now but just a slight guess. We are going to be coming down to Memphis for the 17U states. Can you give the exact location of where it's being played at? I'd appreciate it!

Bishop Byrne on shelby dr.

The white kid is John David Little (Olive Branch) The other player helped him out also #24 Shaq Walker (Manassas) the long ranger. lol!!!