Dobyns Bennett @ Bearden Wednesday Night

socc3r

Here is the game that people who have questioned DB all year have been asking for. After thier trip to South Carolina some heads raised but were quickly forgotten. Due to some weather issues this game has now been pushed back to tomorrow night! Predictions and thoughts

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No trash talk on this end. DB will come with their shoes laced tight ready to play, no egos here. Should be a fun HS soccer game!!!

DB defeated Greeneville tonight 4-1 on Sr night to go 15-0-3.

Seen quite a few interesting (not too accurate) comments on the SC tournament (Palmetto Cup) where DB (finished 7th) & Faragut (finished 5th) The real scoop...

Geno (25 goals), Mitchem (10 goals), Dell & Meyna (all starters) DID NOT PLAY due to injuries. Clark sat out one game + with a Red card.

The teams DB played and their current rankings in SC:

DB 1 1 North Myrtle Beach (16-5-1) #9 3A

DB 0 0 Bishop England (13-5-2) #1 2A

DB 3 1 Dutch Fork (12-10-1) #15 4A

DB 1 1 Brookland-Cayce (14-5-1) #7 3A

Faragut finished 3-0-1 in the tournament.

This should be a great game. Only common opponent is Science Hill. Bearden winners 3-1, DB winners 6-3. Science Hill had lost some good players before playing DB. Bearden has a great program and home field. Best test for DB since the Palmetto Cup. Hate to say it but DB will probably loose its first of the year 2-1 after a tough, physically played game with Greeneville tonite. Hope I'm wrong.

Roll Tribe!!!!!

any news on the game?

Well, I just came back from the game the final score:

Bearden 7

Kingsport DB 1

This is not a mistake...seven to one- Bearden.

I guess this was a way to say- Welcome to Knoxville DB!!!!!

This was there first tough game- other than the Palmetto Cup. They got jumped early by Bearden and just couldn't seem to re-group. DB looks like a good team to me and they have a lot of talented players. This stuff happens and it looks like Bearden is playing with more urgency than in recent weeks. I think that after the reaming that the DB coach gave to his team at half-time, they will be ready for the rest of the season. It was 4-0 at half- time. DB's /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> goal came with about 11 minutes left to make it 6-1. Bearden scored with 5 seconds left to make it 7-1. Lots of subs in a t that point. I have never seen Bearden sub more players than in this game. Playoffs are coming SOON!!! It is time for everyone to get ready! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Bearden was dominant from the get-go. That's the first time I've gotten to see them play this year, and I have to say it was the most impressive performance of any team I've seen this year. I've seen Farragut and West 3 times each (including against each other), and Bearden was far more impressive tonight than any of the games I saw played by either of them. Granted, one game never tells the whole story.

Seems like from what everyone is saying the DB team was not full speed did they have everybody? Or was this Bearden's normal coming out party before the tourny?

not to take anything away from bearden but DB played a very physicial game vs greenville the day before there were a ton of yellow cards and alot of hard hitting there again I not trying to say DB shouldn't of been ready to play but I think they were not physicaly ready to play. this will give them a reality check for when playoff start that you have to be ready to play every day.