District 8 AAA tournament

luckynumber3

I have to agree with you, there is ample time to play more then one game today & tomorrow is as good a day to play as any. The only reason I could think of stopping them from playing tomorrow is church. In my opion, they could play after 1 PM tomorrow. Better yet, isn't it said that God created all of this, so wouldn't the great outdoors be considered his church to the world?

I agree...very, very poor re-scheduling tactics by 8-AAA. Why is only one game scheduled today when at least the other winner's bracket game could be played today. At least two games should be played on Sunday afternoon, especially considering the forecast! This tournament is going to draw out forever and ever, and there is a chance it may not finish until next Saturday or Sunday according to the forecast late in the week. The region begins on Monday. I'm a 100% innocent bystander, but this is not good. Only play one game on the weekend in a softball tournament! And then force everything into the week when the kids are in school. A lot of stupidity in my opinion...maybe they will change their minds and at least play a couple games Sunday. Who's in charge here?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...very, very poor re-scheduling tactics by 8-AAA. Why is only one game scheduled today when at least the other winner's bracket game could be played today. At least two games should be played on Sunday afternoon, especially considering the forecast! This tournament is going to draw out forever and ever, and there is a chance it may not finish until next Saturday or Sunday according to the forecast late in the week. The region begins on Monday. I'm a 100% innocent bystander, but this is not good. Only play one game on the weekend in a softball tournament! And then force everything into the week when the kids are in school. A lot of stupidity in my opinion...maybe they will change their minds and at least play a couple games Sunday. Who's in charge here?

Tournament Director

1 AAA District 8

Columbia Lee Clayborne Columbia Central High School

Tournament Director

1 AAA District 8

Columbia Lee Clayborne Columbia Central High School

[/quot

Looking @ the scoreboard it seems that Columbia has played their first game yesterday and was scheduled for a game today. Why would they not play today or tomorrow if the field is apparently playable and they only have 1 additional game to play today from last night? I'm sure the umpires are going to be there anyway and wouldn't mind an extra game.That would put everything back on schedule just in case of bad weather next week. This sounds like a better contingency plan that taking a chance. There is no reason to drag it out during the whole week, like was mentioned all these ladies have school also. PPP if you ask me....

Bad mistake... Talk was during the week that they would play Sunday if weather hit and it did so why no games on Sunday? Why no more games today? Pray for no rain next week or we may play next Sunday. I know Columbia is hosting but I think the coaches should have had a voice in this. Baseball is playing with 2 teams playing 2 games today why not softball, girls throw more than one game in a day all the time?

REASONS I BELIEVE;

1. FAIRNESS TO ALL TEAMS.

2. WHEN WOULD THE COFFEE CO GAME BE PLAYED ? SUNDAY? THEN COFFEE COUNTY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE LESS DAY TO REST.

3. RIVERDALES DISRTICT DID THE SAME THING. PLAYED 3 GAMES FRIDAY. THE 4TH WAS RAINED OUT AND GOT SEVERAL PLAYERS OUT OF SCHOOL EARLY TO PLAY EARLY GAMES. THEY ONLY PLAYED 1 GAME SATURDAY AND NO GAMES SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY.

4. COLUMBIA HAD TO WAIT SEVERAL DAYS BEFORE THEY GOT TO PLAY LAST YEAR AND WON THE TOURNAMENT.

5. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE COLUMBIA-TULLAHOMA AND NOT LINCOLN COUNTY AND COFFEE COUNTY. WHAT IF COLUMBIA HAD LOST THEN THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE DAY LESS THAN THE OTHER LOSER.

6. ALSO A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME THEIR IS A MTSCA MEETING WHICH MEANS WE MAY NOT HAVE HAD REPRESENTATION FOR OUR THE GIRLS IN OUR DISTRICT AT THE MEETING. THEY WILL BE SELECTING THE ALL MTSCA TEAM AT THAT MEETING. I WOULD BET THE HOUSE THAT RIVERDALE WILL BE AT THAT MEETING.

7. WHY BE IN SUCH A HURRY TO GET THE TOURNAMENT OVER WITH. BY RULE WE NEED TO HAVE 2 TEAMS READY 1 WEEK FROM MONDAY READY FOR THE REGION. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET DONE BY MONDAY AND THEN WAIT A WEEK BEFORE YOU PLAY IN THE REGION?

8. THE SAME LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME THAT WE HAVE FINISHED A DISRTICT TOURNAMENT ON SUNDAY AND BOTH OUR DISTRICT TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER IN THE REGION FINAL. COLUMBIA-COFFEE SEVERAL YEARS AGO. DID NOT SEEM TO BOTHER THEM.

NO SHANANGINS JUST COMMON SENSE.

COMMON SENSE..... Yeah only if you are one of the four teams that were to play on Friday. They were the ones that decided to not play 3 games on Saturday or play on Sunday as decided by all the coaches at the meeting. All at the meeting knew of the big rain chance coming up for Fri/Sat. and the MTSCA meeting. All voted to play on Sunday.

Now both winners of lower seeded teams get rest before having to play again instead of having to play back to back days as is the design for the lower seeded teams and making the two top seeds wait two more days to play.

The issue is not the rain or the condition of the field which no one can control. The issue is not playing softball yesterday except for one game and not playing today.

1. No fairness or common sense at work here.

2. Play both on Sunday as agreed to at meeting.

3. Who cares about 7AAA but they seem to be on schedule with their tournament instead of a day behind.

4. Was the field playable last year and games not played? Was it put off two days with dry fields?

5. The Friday loser has one more days rest then the Saturday loser and both of them have more rest than Mondays winner. What about the 7:00 loser from CC/Shelb? They'll get home around 11 or 1130, go to school and drive back. Now tell them why it is fair for a winners bracket game to have less than 24 hours rest and the first fay loser has three or four.

6. While AllStar teams may be important, the tournament should take priority. The meeting can be re-scheduled. There is no hurry to vote. Bad reasoning...... fairness??? Sounds like you think the voting would be biased.... nothing new that. Shouldnt even be brought up in the conversation on playing the District Tournament.

7. and 8. No hurry to get the tournament over with. Just wondering why games weren't played according to the scheduled. If games have to be played next Sunday then the teams involved won't mind (but I bet the moms might mind), but if all had a choice they would welcome three or fours days rest.

Yep my vote... shenanigans.

COMMON SENSE..... Yeah only if you are one of the four teams that were to play on Friday. They were the ones that decided to not play 3 games on Saturday or play on Sunday as decided by all the coaches at the meeting. All at the meeting knew of the big rain chance coming up for Fri/Sat. and the MTSCA meeting. All voted to play on Sunday.

Now both winners of lower seeded teams get rest before having to play again instead of having to play back to back days as is the design for the lower seeded teams and making the two top seeds wait two more days to play.

The issue is not the rain or the condition of the field which no one can control. The issue is not playing softball yesterday except for one game and not playing today.

1. No fairness or common sense at work here.

2. Play both on Sunday as agreed to at meeting.

3. Who cares about 7AAA but they seem to be on schedule with their tournament instead of a day behind.

4. Was the field playable last year and games not played? Was it put off two days with dry fields?

5. The Friday loser has one more days rest then the Saturday loser and both of them have more rest than Mondays winner. What about the 7:00 loser from CC/Shelb? They'll get home around 11 or 1130, go to school and drive back. Now tell them why it is fair for a winners bracket game to have less than 24 hours rest and the first fay loser has three or four.

6. While AllStar teams may be important, the tournament should take priority. The meeting can be re-scheduled. There is no hurry to vote. Bad reasoning...... fairness??? Sounds like you think the voting would be biased.... nothing new that. Shouldnt even be brought up in the conversation on playing the District Tournament.

7. and 8. No hurry to get the tournament over with. Just wondering why games weren't played according to the scheduled. If games have to be played next Sunday then the teams involved won't mind (but I bet the moms might mind), but if all had a choice they would welcome three or fours days rest.

Yep my vote... shenanigans.

GREAT! More Drama from District 8AAA! This district can't even decide what days they are playing on. I love this message board! Maybe we can put this on Lucky's Thunder 1320 and sell some T-Shirts!

If you have a problem with the rescheduling, call the tournament director. It's that simple. Direct the whining at him. Putting it on here is meaningless. It has no bearing on the outcome. Make your call then maybe you might here the reason why it has been scheduled in its current format. I provided the name... do you need me to get the phone number too?

Knock yourself out. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

REASONS I BELIEVE;1. FAIRNESS TO ALL TEAMS.2. WHEN WOULD THE COFFEE CO GAME BE PLAYED ? SUNDAY? THEN COFFEE COUNTY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE LESS DAY TO REST.3. RIVERDALES DISRTICT DID THE SAME THING. PLAYED 3 GAMES FRIDAY. THE 4TH WAS RAINED OUT AND GOT SEVERAL PLAYERS OUT OF SCHOOL EARLY TO PLAY EARLY GAMES. THEY ONLY PLAYED 1 GAME SATURDAY AND NO GAMES SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY.4. COLUMBIA HAD TO WAIT SEVERAL DAYS BEFORE THEY GOT TO PLAY LAST YEAR AND WON THE TOURNAMENT.5. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE COLUMBIA-TULLAHOMA AND NOT LINCOLN COUNTY AND COFFEE COUNTY. WHAT IF COLUMBIA HAD LOST THEN THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE DAY LESS THAN THE OTHER LOSER.6. ALSO A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME THEIR IS A MTSCA MEETING WHICH MEANS WE MAY NOT HAVE HAD REPRESENTATION FOR OUR THE GIRLS IN OUR DISTRICT AT THE MEETING. THEY WILL BE SELECTING THE ALL MTSCA TEAM AT THAT MEETING. I WOULD BET THE HOUSE THAT RIVERDALE WILL BE AT THAT MEETING.7. WHY BE IN SUCH A HURRY TO GET THE TOURNAMENT OVER WITH. BY RULE WE NEED TO HAVE 2 TEAMS READY 1 WEEK FROM MONDAY READY FOR THE REGION. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET DONE BY MONDAY AND THEN WAIT A WEEK BEFORE YOU PLAY IN THE REGION?8. THE SAME LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME THAT WE HAVE FINISHED A DISRTICT TOURNAMENT ON SUNDAY AND BOTH OUR DISTRICT TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER IN THE REGION FINAL. COLUMBIA-COFFEE SEVERAL YEARS AGO. DID NOT SEEM TO BOTHER THEM.NO SHANANGINS JUST COMMON SENSE.

Saturday would have been a better than average day to play ball and any high school field could have been worked in playable condition barring any additional rain during the day which was not a problem. Whatever the reasoning for suspending games until Monday does not matter now. The teams must play them during the school week and possibly Saturday without forcing any additional unjust back to back games on any teams( hopefully be finished before Mothers Day). Lets just look at this schedule management decision as poor indecrection on someones part and hope that it was not some kind of ploy to seek any additional advantage in some way. Have a nice week at the district tournament. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />