Best fball field to play on (surface)

tbp0137

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writer are you serious? All of the "worst" you mentioned are at their worst better than Cloudland's. Yes, CHS does see a lot of wear, but so do the others. When were you last on those fields? It couldn't have been in the last couple of years, they are as good as any average field out there.

Guest 4cubes

YOU WOULD THINK THAT MORRISTOWN WEST AND MORRISTOWN EAST COULD GET TOGETHER AND KEEP A NICE FIELD YEAR ROUND. THE PROBLEM IS WEST DOES NOT HAVE A FOOTBALL FIELD AND MUST SHARE A FIELD WITH EAST. DO NOT KNOW WHY OUR COUNCIL MEN CAN NOT BUILD THE FIELD THAT WAS PROMISED WEST HIGH YEARS AGO . THE MONEY WAS THERE THEN.

ANYWAY WEST IS NOT IN THE TOP TWENTY.

[Edited by 4cubes on 7/22/02 8:29P]

Worst field on a particular night ever, maybe in the history of football was Upperman, 3rd round of playoffs in 1996. I didnt see any grass anywhere, all deep and heavy mud, visiting team's passing game was just killed since receivers literally could not get any separation at all. A game the next year at Smith County was moved to Tech for a similar reason. The one at Upperman should have been too, they practiced in it all week and it was too big of an advantage. Both were region winners, it was just luck the game was there that season

I admit I havn't seen all the fields in Tennesee.

But of all the fields that I have seen from covering

games the worst that I have seen is Cloudland's I guess

they just can't grow grass in the snow up there.

Like I said before the best or probably one of the

best fields is Copper Basin's, it seriously looks like

a million dollar field.

Without question, one of the nicest patches of grass to play on is Optimist Field at Rutledge.

Coach Hammer is the caretaker of the field. It looks fantasic on opening night and still is in very good shape at the end of the season.

BTW, the Rutledge water treatment plant has a pipline from directly across the road. It makes for a lousy smell on some hot August and September evenings, but the grass is really good and green.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 7/23/02 12:09A]

I will second the motion for 'The Range' being worse than Cloudland's field. I've never set foot on the field at Roan Mountain, but I can tell you that Mosheim is behind in the area of landscaping.

The worst field I've EVER been on is Cawood in Harlan, Ky. Rutledge had two lineman, seniors, have career-ending ACL injuries...they need to plow that field under and start over.

Maybe they'll get an idea of how it's done when they visit in week four.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 7/23/02 12:17A]

I don't know if you have seen "The Range" lately or not, but they have improved it greatly with reseeding and grading. I haven't seen it this year, but it should only be better. Larry Bible does a very good job rehabbing fields wherever he goes.

Hadn't been to 'The Range' in a couple of years. Rutledge has stopped playing West Greene to try and 'upgrade' the schedule. The last WG/Rutledge game was played at North Greene because of the construction at 'The Range.'

I hope that it is better than it was because it was awful.