Posted by westTNSportsWriter:

the best field i have ever seen is copper basin's

field hands down.

the worst is a tie between lookout valley and

cloudland's. but i think lookout valley's is a little

better

I agree Copper Basin does have the best field hands down :rolleyes:

Posted by Indian:

Worst field on a particular night ever, maybe in the history of football was Upperman, 3rd round of playoffs in 1996. I didnt see any grass anywhere, all deep and heavy mud, visiting team's passing game was just killed since receivers literally could not get any separation at all. A game the next year at Smith County was moved to Tech for a similar reason. The one at Upperman should have been too, they practiced in it all week and it was too big of an advantage. Both were region winners, it was just luck the game was there that season

INDIAN, If I remember the tempature was around or below freezing wasn't it? :o

mcCallie has an extremely nice field except for the unbelievable slant it has towards the sidelines. Celina's gets my vote for the muddiest field with the least amount of grass. We played them a while back in the playoffs. when it rained and the middle of the field turned into a miniature pond.

Yes, I remember that year. I played for smith co. in 97 when we played at TTU. Our field was really bad that year. It would have really hurt our mobility. That year we were a speed team. We didn't have a lot of size. Sequatchie with big Cain would have run the ball up the middle all night.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest caligula
Posted by fightingirish:

Hey just remember that the road to the state championships gos through Cloudland!

[Edited by fightingirish on 8-29-02 11:51P]

Maryville is the nicest. No stupid track going around it, and the surfaces is perfect. Tim Hammontree used to do it all by himself. Now I think the city does it and they do a mighty fine job.

The worst field I ever saw was at St. Benedict in the 3rd round of the '96 playoffs. It had not rained in two weeks, yet their field was nothing but a solid mud pit. Word began to travel that SBA had practiced on the wet field all week, trying to gain some kind of advantage. It also ruined our cheerleader's shoes. They beat us (Lake Co.) something like 21-6. I heard the next week they did the same thing to Moore Co., only worse, and won that game as well. Then they got to Vanderbilt on dry turf and lost something like 55-3.