2008 Ensworth High School Football

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Ensworth this year, there are only a few changes. They lose about 7 starters combined offense and defense and they are replaceable. They lose their defensive coordinator in David Pack, which will be a huge loss. Other than that, Ensworth is looking to progress after a successful first season in DII AA. And with both Tavarres Jefferson and Orleans Opoku-Darkwa in the backfield at the same time, a state championship is on the Tigers' mind.

Don't know if they ready for a state championship in that league yet, but they caught everyone's attention last year. If Jefferson is back at 100% from that shoulder injury; everybody should look out...he should be a BCS school prospect!

I just don't know if they are on MBA and BA's level yet...but they will be in the next couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

THe big game to watch as far as a hype standpoint goes will deffinately be the Ensworth vs MBA game which was revered as "week six" for about a year leading up the the game last year. There was a lot riding on that game because all of the students and players have been to school with eachother and continue to see eachother. Most went to ensworth, harding, overbrook or other middle schools and are always around plus Bowers vs MBA is going to continue to be a source of excitement because of all he did at MBA. I think that Ensworth can win this game because they will have more talent in more positions but mba will of course be a good team and will be stiff competition. Either way the game will be extremely hard hitting like it was last year and hopefully will be televised by Comcast again.

THe big game to watch as far as a hype standpoint goes will deffinately be the Ensworth vs MBA game which was revered as "week six" for about a year leading up the the game last year. There was a lot riding on that game because all of the students and players have been to school with eachother and continue to see eachother. Most went to ensworth, harding, overbrook or other middle schools and are always around plus Bowers vs MBA is going to continue to be a source of excitement because of all he did at MBA. I think that Ensworth can win this game because they will have more talent in more positions but mba will of course be a good team and will be stiff competition. Either way the game will be extremely hard hitting like it was last year and hopefully will be televised by Comcast again.

That game will be the High School equivalent of when Nick Saban's Alabama squad plays LSU under Miles; both coaches have won State Titles at MBA.

• 3 weeks later...

Word on the street at Ensworth college, I mean high school is that Ricky is upsetting many board members by allowing certain students to attend the school for free. Strangly enough these same students tend to show up on the football field or the basketball court... interesting. Yes, IF Ricky is allowed to keep "selling his school" at his current rate, Ensworth will be able to compete with BA and MBA in the next few years.

Word on the street at Ensworth college, I mean high school is that Ricky is upsetting many board members by allowing certain students to attend the school for free. Strangly enough these same students tend to show up on the football field or the basketball court... interesting. Yes, IF Ricky is allowed to keep "selling his school" at his current rate, Ensworth will be able to compete with BA and MBA in the next few years.

Sounds like a heaping load of BS to me. I'm 99% sure that Ensworth uses the same company in NJ to determine what students get what level of financial aid. That's a pretty bold accusation to not support with some level of data.

Sounds like a heaping load of BS to me. I'm 99% sure that Ensworth uses the same company in NJ to determine what students get what level of financial aid. That's a pretty bold accusation to not support with some level of data.

Agreed.... For the few posts Perfection 11 has, he sure likes to "stir the pot."

From the TSSAA Handbook...

"Financial aid may be awarded on the basis of need, but proof of such need must be filed in the TSSAA office on forms approved by the Executive Director. In order to determine the basis for need, all schools awarding financial aid shall use the School and Student Scholastic Service for Financial Aid of Princeton, New Jersey. A committee consisting of School Heads from Division II schools and one ex-officio, non-voting member from the Board of Control will meet and make recommendations to the Board of Control on each student submitted. In addition, this committee will collect information from schools regarding financial aid statistics, grant procedures, and the overall financial aid program within the school. The Board of Control will then rule on all cases at the August meeting. The Board of Control shall have authority to reject the basis for need for students when in its opinion, or the opinion of the school committee, the amount of need stated by School and Student Service for Financial Aid of Princeton, New Jersey, cannot be justified."

But hey, why let facts get in the way of good old fashioned internet slander? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Slippery slope there...once you start talking about proof, some of the favorite topics here, like recruiting and football scholarships at MBA and BA are also under attack. Is that a direction we really want to go?

Slippery slope there...once you start talking about proof, some of the favorite topics here, like recruiting and football scholarships at MBA and BA are also under attack. Is that a direction we really want to go?

It is an interesting phenomenon that goes back probably since humans first walked on two legs. If you can't beat 'em...bash 'em. Unfortunately, the more insecure and ignorant out there who normally would be much too cowardly and/or abashed to spout verbal fecal matter in person, feel no compunction about writing complete nonsense on an internet site, because there is no real downside.

Anyone who takes anything at face value without any investigation whatsoever, just because it appears on the internet is a fool.