All-East TN team (Coach T)

dins8

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in good fun...

Since the season is closing, I thought it might be fun to name an All-East TN team...

Of course I haven't seen all of the players, but here is my best shot:

All-East TN

POY: Cody McCoy (West)...Most consistent player in the East, even though he complains to the refs too much /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Coach of the Year: Tom Gorman (Alcoa)...Alcoa was a joke until he got there. Look at them now.

1st Team:

1.) Ridge Carter (Maryville)...very close second to C.M. for my POY, best athlete in the area

2.) Jake Holt (Farragut)...best first touch in the area, highest soccer I.Q.

3.) Tyler Gibson (Catholic)...makes everyone around him better

4.) Aaron Shonefield (Bearden)...great in the air and a physical force

5.) Diego (?) (Oak Ridge)...quick and great one vs. one abilities

6.) Baylor's #10 (Baylor)...controls the middle of the pitch, great size and tenacious

7.) Joseph Muth (Farragut)...solid defender, instinctive

8.) T.C. (?) (Morristown West)...creative, yet paradoxically simple

9.) Ricardo (?) (Catholic)...one of the best forwards in the area

10.) Dan V. (Baylor)...always consistent

11.) Tom Webster (Bearden)...great one vs. one abilities, good shot

2nd Team:

1.) Cat (West)...great pace and instinct

2.) Travis Bolton (Farragut)...tricky up top

3.) Alcoa's #10 (Alcoa)...great one vs. one abilities

4.) Brandon Tarr (CAK)...plagued by injury and indecision

5.) Brian Beckham (Catholic)...great shot

6.) David Large (Maryville)...outstanding left foot

7.) Sevier Co.'s #2 (Seveir Co.)...I am not positive that this is his #, but he plays up top)...good pace and toughness

8.) Drew Hemeter (Farragut)...instinctive and calm in the back

9.) Tanner Thompson (West)...THROW

10.) Baylor's #2 (Baylor)...creative and good one vs. one abilities

11.) Patrick Deloney (West)...willing to be supportive to McCoy and Nathaniel

Honorable Mention:

1.) Jack McCoy (West)...outstaning freshman talent

2.) "Dielenzo" (Lenoir City)...I know I spelled his name wrong...the LC guys know who I am talking about.

3.) Maryville's #9...defender (?) (Maryville)...physical defender

4.) Sam Thompson (Alcoa)...physical and athletic

5.) Alex Hutchins (Webb)...good feet, good shot

Thoughts? I know I missed a bunch.

Chiapetta from mo. west

Castainca from Greeneville

both very talented players

i know you are biased as zander is your son. he is a good player but not even top 2 on baylor's talented team. reading all of your posts it is zander, zander, zander. way too obvious and everyone in chattanooga soccer caught onto it a long time ago.

Baylor #10 - Kelly Smith

Baylor #2 - Zander Davis

i know you are biased as zander is your son. he is a good player but not even top 2 on baylor's talented team. reading all of your posts it is zander, zander, zander. way too obvious and everyone in chattanooga soccer caught onto it a long time ago.

Wow, quick to jump on cincy I see. I believe all cincy was doing was referring as to who Baylor's #2 and #10 were. In the first post, Dins didn't know their names, so cincy was just informing us of who they were. That's the way I read it anyway.

Wow, quick to jump on cincy I see. I believe all cincy was doing was referring as to who Baylor's #2 and #10 were. In the first post, Dins didn't know their names, so cincy was just informing us of who they were. That's the way I read it anyway.

cincy has jumped on others i have noticed so y can it not happen to him....

There are many great players to choose from. I don't really think anyone from Chattanooga can rate Knoxville or other east Tn players well if they have only seen them one or two times....just like I don't think anyone from Knoxville can effectively rate Chattanooga players with just seeing a time or two. So I will just give Chattanooga area players.

Forwards: McCallie's Carter Kerr and Baylor's Carter Paden

Midfielders: CSAS Duncan Keegan, Baylor's Kelly Smith, Ooltewah's Daniel Tackling

Defender: Baylor's Andrew Roden

Goalies: Baylor's Danny Van Valkinburg, CCS's Brad Gibson

I know there are many talented players in the area but from the games that I have attended....and I have been to alot these players really standout.

not really quick to jump on cincy at all. have really held off for a long time. he may or not have been referring to either matching names to numbers or doing self promoting....just meant it was obvious and has been for a long time. but that is all about that. i don't usually post in a negative way.

You have turned into an East TN MJUHB! How do you know all of these names?!? I have a hard enough time remembering my own players' names!

You might want to change the thread's name to "All Knoxville".

List looks good. I would also include (no surprise here) Mark Sherrod from Carter. Also, D.B. had a really outstanding forward (forget the name).

Tom Gorman DEFINITELY deserves the coach of the year. Outstanding coach and great guy. Now, if he and I could just combine our powers and figure out who Dins was, it would be a perfect season.

Along the lines of coach accolades....the core of the Maryville team played club together for a number of years (including one state title in their division) under Steve Owens, affectionately known as "Steve-O". Not only was he a great coach, but had extraordinary rapport with the boys and a real interest in their personal develpments, on and off the field. If he is ever a potential candidate for a highs chool coach, somebody should snap him up.

Along the lines of coach accolades....the core of the Maryville team played club together for a number of years (including one state title in their division) under Steve Owens, affectionately known as "Steve-O". Not only was he a great coach, but had extraordinary rapport with the boys and a real interest in their personal develpments, on and off the field. If he is ever a potential candidate for a highs chool coach, somebody should snap him up.

Talked to Steve-O recently. He told me he is going to Coach at Webb. Not sure if JV or Varsity though. Great guy.

Ned,

Well said! Of all the ones you named, I would probably go with Coach Kerr. Maryville is having a great season, and has accomplished things that previous Maryville teams haven't done (as you said) for 10 years! Just in beating Bearden alone, it would turn heads, yet he gave Farragut an outstanding match, as well. I

Wow, I will open a can of worms here , but oh well......Kerr is now just a figure head , his assistants practice and concieve the team. What ever they have done a good job.