MTSCA ALL MIDSTATE and ALL STARS

Guru

The 5th annual Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association Senior All Star game will be played this year on June 11th at Drakes Creek park in Hendersonville, Tennessee.

We will be announcing the All Midstate teams Monday May 19th and also we will be announcing the A/AA All Star team along with the AAA North and AAA South All Star teams Monday also

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there were some very good ball players that did not make the list because there school or coach did not join the association this year. I can answer for 8-AAA Tullahoma and Lawrenceburg were not members this year

We have had several schools who did not vote for their players also, so please do not blame MTSCA or the selection committee.

Yes there were some very good ball players that did not make the list because there school or coach did not join the association this year. I can answer for 8-AAA Tullahoma and Lawrenceburg were not members this year

If this is true, this may be the reason why you never see some very good players picked for these teams. What a shame.

Thanks.

You have to be kidding! How could this happen to these girls? Now you see some of the problems that I have heard concerning the Mighty Wildkittens! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You have to be kidding! How could this happen to these girls? Now you see some of the problems that I have heard concerning the Mighty Wildkittens! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

So you have to be a member of mtsca. Boy that's some all star team. What difference does it make whether you are a member or not, wouldn't you want the best players to be selected? Open it up to all the girls, then the mtsca would get some much needed good publicity. The ball is in your court now.

Also clues us in on why Erica Duke wasn't the MVP in 8-AAA. Can't blame either team for not joining if the picks are going to be political. Of course, I'm probably not allowed to voice my opinion on here.

If you would like to see the coaches who are members of MTSCA please go to www.MTSCA.org and click on members. I personally get sick and tired of reading about how people think all star teams are political. The MTSCA coaches were allowed to vote online for All Middle Tenn. and All Stars. Votes were tabulated and the team selected. That is the end of the story. The players either had enough votes or they did not. Some good players were not nominated by their coaches and some coaches do not belong to the association. The political comments do not fly with me. Politics in the selection of these teams played no role in these selections. I would be interested in knowing why a head coach in middle Tenn. would not join the MTSCA in the first place. The whole purpose of the MTSCA is to elevate the game of softball in middle Tenn. By giving scholarships, recognizing good players, and having all star games the players get more opportunities to play. If these all star teams don't go the way YOU think they should, please ask your head coach why they are not a member of this organization and offer to pay the $25 fee for them next year. The MTSCA wants to do the best they can to promote the players and the game of softball in the Middle Tennessee area. If your head coach wants to get involved, please have them contact a board member of MTSCA and we can find a project to put them to work for the betterment of the game.

Jeff Breeden