FCHS

ELA

I'm going to be honest, coach is a very smart man, maybe too smart at times. He knows football and given the resources does a very good job with the boys he coaches. He is VERY opinionated for what that's worth. He has an ego but so does most coaches I know. He has turned programs around in the past and I believe he can do it at FC.

And that is exactly what they need for the near future.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is springtime. A time of new growth and the birth of new things. Until this next season is over 'ANYTHING' is possible. I for one am going to give ELA the benefit of actually seeing what he can do with this team before I make any judgements.

To ELA and Franklin County, GOOD LUCK this year.

I just want to see some 'hitting'. These months of no contact sports are just a LONG intermission between the best time of year for me.

How many times have you heard the old saying; ???What have you done for me lately???? Great coaches are let go every year because they don??™t produce! This year alone, several men that have state championship rings that I highly respect did not get rehired because of too many losses. On the flip side they do what they have to do rebound and produce winners. Atkins went to NC and became a winner. He coached at a school larger than FC and won. He went to a school in MS and won district. We do not know what will happen in FC but the one thing I do know about the man is that he can coach football. Like the LostOldDad said, ???Anything can happen!??? Why don??™t you reserve judgment and let??™s see how it plays out!

Ya??™ll have a happy Easter and remember to go to church tomorrow!

Mathis likes Britton. Mathis thought Britton was a good hire when FC hired him as their coach two yrs ago.

Isn't Melton still there?

Melton is still there. Can't confirm the OC for Britton. Did confirm he has a job there as an assistant if he wants it. He maybe waiting to see if a HC position comes through somewhere before the accepts the T-town offer.

Melton is still there. Can't confirm the OC for Britton. Did confirm he has a job there as an assistant if he wants it. He maybe waiting to see if a HC position comes through somewhere before the accepts the T-town offer.

I am sure Britton does not want to go somewhere unless he is an oc. That was part of his problem before he went to FC. However, T-Town runs the spread and Melton has been the oc for a while. However, Britton may be name as assistant head coach, but that may not sit well with some of the coaches that have been there for a long time.

If Britton lands at T-Town, it would make the first game with FC more special. FC has enough talent to beat T-Town

I am sure Britton does not want to go somewhere unless he is an oc. That was part of his problem before he went to FC. However, T-Town runs the spread and Melton has been the oc for a while. However, Britton may be name as assistant head coach, but that may not sit well with some of the coaches that have been there for a long time.

If Britton lands at T-Town, it would make the first game with FC more special. FC has enough talent to beat T-Town

You got that right. Someone stated earlier on this thread that Lincoln Co. is a big rivalry with FC and that is true, but does not compare to the rivalry with Tullahoma. It is what Friday night football is all about. I think it has been four years since FC has beat T-town, but who's counting.....