FCHS

ELA

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of outsider questions (I think well of your new coach and will be following FC's progress this year)

How do you rate your weight room and has there been some strength training prior to Coach A's arrival?

What is the condition of the feeder program? number of schools, veteran or young coaches, numbers of incoming 9th graders.

Thanks

Nooney

From Wayne Academy (A Private school) to Franklin County (5A) is a big jump. Not to mention administration support. Do you think he will get the same offer as Coach Mac; money, one class teaching load., etc. If so, I hope that he got it in writing. Plus, how loyal is the administration? Or will there be a turn-over again in a few years.

From Wayne Academy (A Private school) to Franklin County (5A) is a big jump. Not to mention administration support. Do you think he will get the same offer as Coach Mac; money, one class teaching load., etc. If so, I hope that he got it in writing. Plus, how loyal is the administration? Or will there be a turn-over again in a few years.

Only time will tell. Don't know anything about FC administration but I do know coach. He will do fine. He has coached at large schools in the past. It will be interesting to see how the kids take to the spread offense. I heard he was shopping for assistant coaches.

Couple of outsider questions (I think well of your new coach and will be following FC's progress this year)

How do you rate your weight room and has there been some strength training prior to Coach A's arrival?

What is the condition of the feeder program? number of schools, veteran or young coaches, numbers of incoming 9th graders.

Thanks

Nooney

Hey Nooney!! Long time no see! Shoot me an email when you get a chance at automatisch58@yahoo.com.

Hey ELA - good to see you back in Tennessee! You'll get to go up against Louis Thompson at Lincoln County! The LC/FC game is a classic rivalry!

Good luck!

I coached against Coach Thompson, when he was at Unicoi County. Great guy. He was and is the real deal. Displine, tanacity and a good scheme. You could see that he played for Bear Bryant

Coach Atkins is a smart man, maybe too smart at times. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" His scheme is more complex than it has to be but somehow he puts it in. He knows football and given the resources does a very good job with the boys he coaches. He is VERY opinionated for what that's worth. He has an ego but so does most coaches I know. He has turned programs around in the past. The only downside I have heard is that practices are hard and he can be a stickler for rules.