State pairings?

CUcamels

"Bitter...table for one."

"You want some cheese with that whine."

Based on Oakland's play the last 10-15 games, we were just toying with you guys. We like to wait until the bottom of the 7th and then hit a walk-off to win the game. Fans like it...players like it...it's just so much more fun to do it that way. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Assuming the fans dont have a heart attack along with it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ohstarpstaff

Get your tarp crew ready in case the home team is losing and a cloud rolls in over the Oakland Field.

well sorry ive been out of commission for so long... all this rains had me busy but when someone calls for me by name i gotta make a post! well the coach at oakland has told us this whole season to always be on alert, you never know when theyll be down in the 3rd or 4th inning, and all their looking for is not a home run or a double in the gaps, but any for of precipitation that might "hinder play" to call the game on. great strategical tactic if you ask me... i mean call the games you think youll lose and youll have a pretty good looking record (42-1) and get a national ranking! gah i mean after all... its not about ifyour team gets better, or winning in post season, its all about that good looking record and national ranking! the quicker coaches around here realize that the better off tennessee baseball will be! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and as far as the fans yelling at opposing players, and the commentating that is clearly one sided..... please.... what do you think we are... red necks? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> haha

"Bitter...table for one."

"You want some cheese with that whine."

Based on Oakland's play the last 10-15 games, we were just toying with you guys. We like to wait until the bottom of the 7th and then hit a walk-off to win the game. Fans like it...players like it...it's just so much more fun to do it that way. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who's whining - just pointing out the yellow stripe down "Mighty" Oakland's back- that's all. Good luck, I think you'll need it

If Oakland has an advantage, it will be a very slight one at that. Your not gonna give Oakland a host site and send them somewhere else. I think this more about folks worried that Oakland may win the gold ball than some homefield advantage. Chattanooga and Memphis area teams enjoyed the same advantages when the Fling was in those area's, so the point is moot.

2 funny to even respond

all i am going to say if you dont think home feild advantage is a definate advantage then i am going to respectfully disagree with you...it is an advantage plain and simple...does that mean they will win NO but it is an advantage...i have already posted how we had to handle it when we made state a few years ago we had one of the middle schools help along with some JV parents...so we have proven that it could be done ...

i remember when huntington came they was a great crowd i am sure you will enjo MTCS also they are good people...

Who's whining - just pointing out the yellow stripe down "Mighty" Oakland's back- that's all. Good luck, I think you'll need it

You're whining, hasbeen - and I'm just pointing out the diaper you're wearing because of your incessant whining about a ridiculous event that happened at a meaningless game on a field the condition of which was much more important than finishing out a pointless game.

By the way...we don't need luck. We're here, we earned it, and we're ready to play anyone. We are Oakland.

You're whining, hasbeen - and I'm just pointing out the diaper you're wearing because of your incessant whining about a ridiculous event that happened at a meaningless game on a field the condition of which was much more important than finishing out a pointless game.

By the way...we don't need luck. We're here, we earned it, and we're ready to play anyone. We are Oakland.

They are Oakland.

I've been reading through these post and just for clarity, what team are you affiliated with? Oh wait, I see it at the end there.

Can anyone tell me about Ravenwood? They are listed with an 18 - 4 record by TSSAA but unapproved website have them with 14 losses.

They are 18-14 from a very competitive district with Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Indepdendence and Overton. Good depth in the pitching dept but no super pitcher, leadoff and #4 hitters are their best bats. Play good defense. Leadoff hitter, Carter is their best pitcher (LH) and plays CF when not pitching. Not a physically impressive team but fundamentally sound. Pretty good catcher too.

They are 18-14 from a very competitive district with Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Indepdendence and Overton. Good depth in the pitching dept but no super pitcher, leadoff and #4 hitters are their best bats. Play good defense. Leadoff hitter, Carter is their best pitcher (LH) and plays CF when not pitching. Not a physically impressive team but fundamentally sound. Pretty good catcher too.

Thanks for the information.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LOOKOUT VALLEY YELLOW JACKETS! 35 & 5, Runs Scored 453 & Opponents 97 GO JACKETS!

GO JACKETS!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />