Must See Teams and Players in Murfreesboro

Hillbilly87

Beech is better!!!

At the time they played Riverdale they werent - beech lost- and when they play Brentwood at state we are going to try real hard to make sure they wont be better then either. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's what was meant, I may not have worded it the best. If someone is familiar with each team and sees both played their best at the usual positions they can probably tell which was stronger based on the outcome. Riverdale and Beech was an example, you could have used Cherokee, East Literature, whoever.

I think pool play games in big tournaments are not that important...but when it gets to single elimination...it may be just as important as a state title to some. A and AA teams would rather win over the best AAA teams.

Goodpasture definitely has more than just two players. Catcher Tiffany Hibbs (Jr.) is perhaps the best defensive catcher in the state, quick as a cat. OF Megan Bryant (Jr.) is KILLING the ball as is 3B Mackenzie Leding (Fr). While Schmidt and Cartwright are awesome players, this team has several................

Dont know the catcher. But the catcher from unicoi. co. is a great catcher too her name is Whitley Hensley. hope they get a chance to play each other.

I invite everyone to take a look while in Murfreesboro at a very talented GPS Bruisers team. Their starting line-up includes 8 kids who have either signed D1 scholarships or are being recruited by D1 schools. The only starter not planning on playing in college is their pitcher who is fully capable but not interested.

Their offensive line-up starts and ends with tons of speed, while the middle is pure power. As a team they are closing in on 30 home runs by seven different players(led by sophomore catcher with 10 or 11).

On defense, the speed is most evident in the outfield where they play shallow to take away the short stuff, but can still run down balls in the gap. They have five seniors, including five year starters at first base and in centerfield (both Univ. of Memphis signees), a Howard Univ. signee at 2b, a four year starter at 3b/C (going to ETSU), and the unflappable #00 in the circle. Her number is more than just coincidence. And for the first time in the last four years they are all healthy going into the state tournament. Since mid-season when they returned all of their seniors to the starting line-up (one dislocated shoulder, one broken foot) they have won 18 straight.

Bringing it all together is a great coaching staff that understands how to motivate and keep focused high school age young women. They truly play as a team with little concern for individual performances.

Of course, none of this means anything if they don't take care of business this week. They have at least as much talent as last year's team that won it all and had other wins against Soddy Daisy and Mt Juliet. They still need to prove they can get it done in the 'Boro.

Good luck Bruisers.

They play each other a little. But the majority the of the season they play a lot weaker teams and to get to state for many of them is easier:

Trinity, defending A champs: Got pounded by Riverdale, lost to Beech, and Creekwood , and almost lost to Siegel and Blackman, again Siegel, Blackman and Riverdale arent at State in AAA. To get to A State they only had to defeat teams like :

Jacksonville Christian -record: 4-10

Adamsville-record : 10-15

South Fulton-record: 2-6

Decatur county-record 1-8

Fayettee Acadamy- record 0-4

They are defeating all teams with losing records to get to state.

Only 13 of the 39 games they played against in-state teams had winning records in any level this season.

Goodpasture, defending AA champs:

Losses to Riverdale, Mt. Juliet ( twice) Siegel ( 22-17), and Ooltewah. Three of these AAA teams didnt make state. The good AAA they beat were Brentwood ( twice), and Mt. Juliet once, and Wilson central ( 13-8). They also played and won against Hendersonville ( 22-16), and Lavergne ( 1-14)and Oakland ( 20-10).

24 games were against AA or A teams , 14 were against AAA, which resulted in 5 or 6 of their losses.

To get to state they had to defeat:

White house( 15-24)

Greenbriar ( 20-17)

Smith County ( 12-18)

Dekalb county ( 36-9)

Chattanooga Christian ( 10-11)

I dont know but it seems a lot easier to get to state in A or AA than AAA and it is a lot easier to put up high stats!

Please understand that we (Trinity) have to play all the teams in our district twice during our season, we have no choice. Four of the five teams you mentioned that had losing records are in our district and the other we didn't meet until sub-state. Every year our coaches put us in tough tournaments (Commando Classic, Worth Tourn. and the strongest Kentucky tournament) so we can play heavier competition, knowing that it only helps us. We only got to play a few teams during our "regular season" out of our district and those teams that we played have all made it to the state this year. Riverdale game should have been a 1-0 game with Riverdale winning. Cat pitched an awesome 4 innings. She's great! It was 6-0(a pounding) but we made tons of errors, 5 unearned runs. Cat pitched 4 innings, striking out all 12 outs and had 2 hits. Ivy pitched 3 innings, striking out 8 of the 9 outs and had 2 hits. It was a very even game without the errors. We stunk! Goodpasture went into extra innings and they won 1-0. TCA had runners in scoring position with no outs a couple of times. We should have won that game. Again, great pitching on both sides. Devon is awesome as well! Creekwood was another game we gave away in the last inning. We didn't hit and they capitilized on one error and then end of the game and we lost. That's softball. We played in a very competitive Kentucky tournament (approx. 25 teams that were top ranked in Kentucky) and made it to the championship game at 1:00 a.m. and lost a tight one. Last year we had beaten 7 of the teams that made it to the state tournament including div. II state champ GPS. I feel our team deserves to go to state this year.

The pitchers have been under a little different type of stress this year. Their grandmother who has been to almost every game they have played since their first year of softball (that's about 10 years) including travel, has been diagnosed with an aggressive growing brain tumor in late February. The very moment they were pitching against Beech in the Worth Tournament she (grandmother) was being put in a nursing home because the tumor is affecting her mental and physical abilities and she had to have around-the-clock care. That will affect a 16 and 17 year old in ways that no one really knows. This woman has made more pbj sandwiches, egg-salad sandwiches, brownies, cookies, bought more gatorade and paid for more admission prices to softball games than I will ever do. She has supported the game of softball in a tremendous way! Looking over their in the stands and seeing your grandfather sitting without their grandmother who has been to (almost) every game their entire life is harder than you can imagine. But, because of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ , He has help them overcome all of it. They have learned through watching their grandmother decline drastically right in front of their eyes, that softball is not number one. The precious life that she has lived by supporting them in every pitch they've thrown is getting closer to meeting her Creator unless His will is to heal her soon. I am so thankful to our Lord that He has blessed them once again to make it to state under the conditions they have been under this entire season. Jesus has been so faithful. They are blessed by Him already even if they lose their first two games at state. We give GOD the glory for the great things He has already done!!

Please understand that we (Trinity) have to play all the teams in our district twice during our season, we have no choice. Four of the five teams you mentioned that had losing records are in our district and the other we didn't meet until sub-state. Every year our coaches put us in tough tournaments (Commando Classic, Worth Tourn. and the strongest Kentucky tournament) so we can play heavier competition, knowing that it only helps us. We only got to play a few teams during our "regular season" out of our district and those teams that we played have all made it to the state this year. Riverdale game should have been a 1-0 game with Riverdale winning. Cat pitched an awesome 4 innings. She's great! It was 6-0(a pounding) but we made tons of errors, 5 unearned runs. Cat pitched 4 innings, striking out all 12 outs and had 2 hits. Ivy pitched 3 innings, striking out 8 of the 9 outs and had 2 hits. It was a very even game without the errors. We stunk! Goodpasture went into extra innings and they won 1-0. TCA had runners in scoring position with no outs a couple of times. We should have won that game. Again, great pitching on both sides. Devon is awesome as well! Creekwood was another game we gave away in the last inning. We didn't hit and they capitilized on one error and then end of the game and we lost. That's softball. We played in a very competitive Kentucky tournament (approx. 25 teams that were top ranked in Kentucky) and made it to the championship game at 1:00 a.m. and lost a tight one. Last year we had beaten 7 of the teams that made it to the state tournament including div. II state champ GPS. I feel our team deserves to go to state this year.The pitchers have been under a little different type of stress this year. Their grandmother who has been to almost every game they have played since their first year of softball (that's about 10 years) including travel, has been diagnosed with an aggressive growing brain tumor in late February. The very moment they were pitching against Beech in the Worth Tournament she (grandmother) was being put in a nursing home because the tumor is affecting her mental and physical abilities and she had to have around-the-clock care. That will affect a 16 and 17 year old in ways that no one really knows. This woman has made more pbj sandwiches, egg-salad sandwiches, brownies, cookies, bought more gatorade and paid for more admission prices to softball games than I will ever do. She has supported the game of softball in a tremendous way! Looking over their in the stands and seeing your grandfather sitting without their grandmother who has been to (almost) every game their entire life is harder than you can imagine. But, because of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ , He has help them overcome all of it. They have learned through watching their grandmother decline drastically right in front of their eyes, that softball is not number one. The precious life that she has lived by supporting them in every pitch they've thrown is getting closer to meeting her Creator unless His will is to heal her soon. I am so thankful to our Lord that He has blessed them once again to make it to state under the conditions they have been under this entire season. Jesus has been so faithful. They are blessed by Him already even if they lose their first two games at state. We give GOD the glory for the great things He has already done!!

Hey great post and i was tempted myself to make one the same, but everyone that knows softball knows he did not deserve a response to his post.

I invite everyone to take a look while in Murfreesboro at a very talented GPS Bruisers team. Their starting line-up includes 8 kids who have either signed D1 scholarships or are being recruited by D1 schools. The only starter not planning on playing in college is their pitcher who is fully capable but not interested.Their offensive line-up starts and ends with tons of speed, while the middle is pure power. As a team they are closing in on 30 home runs by seven different players(led by sophomore catcher with 10 or 11).On defense, the speed is most evident in the outfield where they play shallow to take away the short stuff, but can still run down balls in the gap. They have five seniors, including five year starters at first base and in centerfield (both Univ. of Memphis signees), a Howard Univ. signee at 2b, a four year starter at 3b/C (going to ETSU), and the unflappable #00 in the circle. Her number is more than just coincidence. And for the first time in the last four years they are all healthy going into the state tournament. Since mid-season when they returned all of their seniors to the starting line-up (one dislocated shoulder, one broken foot) they have won 18 straight.Bringing it all together is a great coaching staff that understands how to motivate and keep focused high school age young women. They truly play as a team with little concern for individual performances.Of course, none of this means anything if they don't take care of business this week. They have at least as much talent as last year's team that won it all and had other wins against Soddy Daisy and Mt Juliet. They still need to prove they can get it done in the 'Boro.Good luck Bruisers.

No doubt about GPS, there is not a team out there AAA, AA, A, D1, D2 that would want to play GPS first round. We played you guys and you played us tougher then most. You should have no problem this year.

Please understand that we (Trinity) have to play all the teams in our district twice during our season, we have no choice. Four of the five teams you mentioned that had losing records are in our district and the other we didn't meet until sub-state. Every year our coaches put us in tough tournaments (Commando Classic, Worth Tourn. and the strongest Kentucky tournament) so we can play heavier competition, knowing that it only helps us. We only got to play a few teams during our "regular season" out of our district and those teams that we played have all made it to the state this year. Riverdale game should have been a 1-0 game with Riverdale winning. Cat pitched an awesome 4 innings. She's great! It was 6-0(a pounding) but we made tons of errors, 5 unearned runs. Cat pitched 4 innings, striking out all 12 outs and had 2 hits. Ivy pitched 3 innings, striking out 8 of the 9 outs and had 2 hits. It was a very even game without the errors. We stunk! Goodpasture went into extra innings and they won 1-0. TCA had runners in scoring position with no outs a couple of times. We should have won that game. Again, great pitching on both sides. Devon is awesome as well! Creekwood was another game we gave away in the last inning. We didn't hit and they capitilized on one error and then end of the game and we lost. That's softball. We played in a very competitive Kentucky tournament (approx. 25 teams that were top ranked in Kentucky) and made it to the championship game at 1:00 a.m. and lost a tight one. Last year we had beaten 7 of the teams that made it to the state tournament including div. II state champ GPS. I feel our team deserves to go to state this year.

The pitchers have been under a little different type of stress this year. Their grandmother who has been to almost every game they have played since their first year of softball (that's about 10 years) including travel, has been diagnosed with an aggressive growing brain tumor in late February. The very moment they were pitching against Beech in the Worth Tournament she (grandmother) was being put in a nursing home because the tumor is affecting her mental and physical abilities and she had to have around-the-clock care. That will affect a 16 and 17 year old in ways that no one really knows. This woman has made more pbj sandwiches, egg-salad sandwiches, brownies, cookies, bought more gatorade and paid for more admission prices to softball games than I will ever do. She has supported the game of softball in a tremendous way! Looking over their in the stands and seeing your grandfather sitting without their grandmother who has been to (almost) every game their entire life is harder than you can imagine. But, because of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ , He has help them overcome all of it. They have learned through watching their grandmother decline drastically right in front of their eyes, that softball is not number one. The precious life that she has lived by supporting them in every pitch they've thrown is getting closer to meeting her Creator unless His will is to heal her soon. I am so thankful to our Lord that He has blessed them once again to make it to state under the conditions they have been under this entire season. Jesus has been so faithful. They are blessed by Him already even if they lose their first two games at state. We give GOD the glory for the great things He has already done!!

I really can't tell you the amount of respect and admiration my family has for the Renfroes. There are just some good people in this world, and they are a few of them. It'll be sad to see my cousin not be able to play with them anymore after this week, but I know for sure that she felt happy and blessed to have been a part of a team with them.

Gibbs has one of the top pitchers in the state with Danielle Thomas. She had 0 runs scored against her in district play and less that 20 runs total for the season. She held Ooltewah to 2 runs in The Cho-Cho Classic. They have great catcher behind the plate with a great arm Suzanne Neubert and they have 4 freshman who can hold thier own. Emilee Solomon went 10-13 in the district tournament and has been on fire the last part of th season. I am putting my money on Gibbs just because Coach Mitchell has the experience and the girls have the drive and heart to win it. Coach Mitchell loaded thier schedule up with AAA and AAAA teams so they would be ready to play at the state.

Good Luck Lady Eagles!!!!!

Okay, I'll put my money on Goodpasture...............what's the bet?

Gibbs is pretty good, but Private schools always seem to win the A , AA bracket. I personally think they have an unfair advantage.

Also , if what I am reading is correct, Goodpasture , on purpose or not, didnt seem to play as tough as a schedule as they did last year, that may affect them a little , it affected Brentwood a lot last year. Still, I just have to think Goodpasture may just have too great of an advantage.

Also , if what I am reading is correct, Goodpasture , on purpose or not, didnt seem to play as tough as a schedule as they did last year, that may affect them a little , it affected Brentwood a lot last year. Still, I just have to think Goodpasture may just have too great of an advantage.

What is this "advantage" that you speek of? They are alreday an A school playing AA due to the multiplier. Im just an outsider observing, but id like to know what your thoughts are to use terms such as "advantage". I havent seen a lot of the D2 schools this year, but I have seen the best that AAA has to offer, and feel that Goodpasture would do just fine in that bracket!