Thomas Greer

yankees8589

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go on the record right now and say that I think Thomas Greer will be a Mr Basketball finalist next season and will win it his senior year. I could be overstating the Mr basketball thing since alot of that award has to do with popularity and sometimes the state likes to spread the award around to different areas. I am not overstating the talent this kid has though. I aslo beleive he will be mid-major at a minimum. He is 6'4, can shoot the lights out, gives big effort, has nice hops, and has good handles. If he were to grow to 6'6 or 6'7 I think he could play high-major(maybe..i'm not prepared to go that far just yet). He just needs to get a tad quicker and I think he will do that. His speed and quickness is deceptive though. He is faster than what appears. This kid has a very high ceiling in my opinion. He has the potential to lead the state in scoring...especially with his talent and playing in single a. I can ultimately see Greer being a 6'5 or 6'6 shootig guard at the next level.

I could agree with you on this! He played a great game today. He's not afraid to shoot the outside shot either and has no hesitation to shooting it from pretty deep range. I also saw him almost slam one in last night so the hops are definately there.

I plan on watching Greer many many times over the next two years.

The Greer that plays for West Carroll is Thomas Greer and he is a fine basketball player. His father is his coach (Mike) Unless West Carroll has another Greer that has moved in.

I was just about to post that. I believe Kenneth Greer was the guy from Haywood this year. I posted a month back and stated that Thomas Greer might lead the state in scoring this upcoming year too....

I was just about to post that. I believe Kenneth Greer was the guy from Haywood this year. I posted a month back and stated that Thomas Greer might lead the state in scoring this upcoming year too....

You are right...I posted teh wrong name, it is Thomas. And I think I remember where you posted Greer could lead the state in scoring. I don't know if he can do it this season but no doubt he is capable his senior year. But who know, you might be right, it could happen this season as well.

Yea not sure about the OC coaching.

Greer will be a good player, he will grow and get taller he really needs to put on some weight before he gets to college. I think he is a good player but I don't know if he will dominate outside of his district. Last season he ran through his district but was abused in an early season game against Lake County. He has a big upside and should play mid major.

Yea not sure about the OC coaching.Greer will be a good player, he will grow and get taller he really needs to put on some weight before he gets to college. I think he is a good player but I don't know if he will dominate outside of his district. Last season he ran through his district but was abused in an early season game against Lake County. He has a big upside and should play mid major.

Wonder if he got abused by LC because all LC had to do was stop Greer and not really have to worry about the rest of the team.Greer is playing on a very very good 16U AAU team and has been doing very well. He will put weight on. Greer belongs, is a very impressive player, and does not get intimadated. I talked with a guy from one of the recruiting services last weekend and he had VERY GOOD THINGS to say about Greer.