AAA Pairings

CoachT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who have Riverdale and Cleveland lost to?

Riverdale lost to Cookeville and Blackman in the regular season and then to Blackman again in the District Championship game. However, they did avenge both of those losses by beating Cookeville in the District Semifinals and Blackman in the Region Championship

Knox Catholic and CBHS are to very good teams, have brentwood played either?

Ooltewah had a good squad, too. Had things played out differently in Cleveland's district, Ooltewah would be at state right now. No doubt in my mind that the Owls and Cleveland are stronger than Blackman and Riverdale. McMinn, too, is a well-coached team, and did what is necessary to compete with strong opponents.

My point is this: Yes, Brentwood has not lost, but all of Cleveland's losses are what I would call

""good" losses.

I really believe (and hope because Chattanooga continues to get the short straw when they have a team represented in AAA state) that Cleveland can beat Brentwood.

How exactly do they do this whole "Blind Draw" thing and who does it?

i would like to know more about this "blind draw" too. It seemed to be very odd that teams with very close records matched up (Oak ridge and Hendersonville for example). Also it seemed to be a very tough bracket with Cleveland, Brentwood and Knox West all in the same bracket. It would sure be interesting to see who did the "draw" and to watch. You supposed they video taped it--- being "blind" and non-biased and all? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i would like to know more about this "blind draw" too. It seemed to be very odd that teams with very close records matched up (Oak ridge and Hendersonville for example). Also it seemed to be a very tough bracket with Cleveland, Brentwood and Knox West all in the same bracket. It would sure be interesting to see who did the "draw" and to watch. You supposed they video taped it--- being "blind" and non-biased and all? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not a big fan of the blind draw thing. If they went by seedings (rankings according to eurosportscoreboard.com) it would've shaped up like this...

1. Brentwood

8. Oak Ridge

4. Riverdale

5. Collierville

3. Knox West

6. Cleveland

2. Houston

7. Hendersonville

I personally think that would've kept things a little more even. The bottom half of the bracket with Knox West, Cleveland, and Houston would still be really tough, but this would've kept the two lowest seeds (had the bracket been set by seedings) in Hendersonville and Oak Ridge from playing each other in the first round.

Ya know Big G, last year I was joking, and the now the tournament is not even half over, and we are now hearing complaints about the draw.

If you want the state title, you should want to win it by playing the best teams.,,not hoping the tough teams knocked each other out.

THe draw seems fair as it is equal to all. No one has an advantage, regardless of how easy a schedule they play during the season.

BTW, Good luck to all in the hours and days ahead.

I'm not a big fan of the blind draw thing. If they went by seedings (rankings according to eurosportscoreboard.com) it would've shaped up like this...

1. Brentwood

8. Oak Ridge

4. Riverdale

5. Collierville

3. Knox West

6. Cleveland

2. Houston

7. Hendersonville

I personally think that would've kept things a little more even. The bottom half of the bracket with Knox West, Cleveland, and Houston would still be really tough, but this would've kept the two lowest seeds (had the bracket been set by seedings) in Hendersonville and Oak Ridge from playing each other in the first round.

I think with the blind draw and the matchups the way they actually were, we ended up with closer games in the first round and blowouts in the middle round. With the scenario above, I think that the blowouts would have been in the first round and the closer games in the second round. I think the final would have been the same with Houston matched up against Brentwood.

Ya know Big G, last year I was joking, and the now the tournament is not even half over, and we are now hearing complaints about the draw.

If you want the state title, you should want to win it by playing the best teams.,,not hoping the tough teams knocked each other out.

THe draw seems fair as it is equal to all. No one has an advantage, regardless of how easy a schedule they play during the season.

BTW, Good luck to all in the hours and days ahead.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. You want to play the best teams, but not in the first round. Take this past year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament for instance. You wouldn't have wanted Kansas and Memphis to play each other in the first round because then there wouldn't have been the incredible championship game there was. I know that's probably not the best comparison, but to have what would've been the two lowest seeds play each other in the first round and then have what would've been the #2 and #4 seeds play each other in the first round seemed a little foolish to me.