Reejun 3-4A

STARSNBARS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Coach Williams change anything with the Devil offense for the upcoming season? It seems like we are running the same things for the last 10 years but we are running them better. Is that a fair statement to make?

I don't think we've been running the same thing for the past 10 years...for 2-3 years there we appeared to switch our offense up every year. For 2-3 years from 2000-2002 we appeared to be an option team. 03-04 I think we were a power team or a zone team. Then 05, 06, 07 we've been a variation of the wing-T. I think what you're noticing is some of the same formations. I think Williams will get us into the right balance of offense. Halls has had 2 head coaches on the sideline the past 3 years. Coach Ward was a great coach and Williams has been mentoring through him during this time. I'd say he has some ideas of his own, but I'd guess we'll see a lot of the same stuff we've seen the past 3 years since it's been so effective. Going back, in 05 I think the team averaged nearly 30 points a game. In 06 it fell to around 20 I think. This past year it should've been back up around 25 or 30 if memory serves me correctly. That being said, defense is where Halls has needed improvement the past 2-3 years maybe and I'd say the ol' ball coach has been chomping at the bits to get a stingy defense back at Halls like he's had before and I think this year's squad could be what he's been looking for. I sure hope so.

Fired??? I've heard they lost a couple of assistant coaches to other schools in the area, but nothing of anyone being fired.

I can honestly say I've never been around a collective group of fans in the same region that have as much disdain for their head coaches than some of the teams in 3-4A did in 2007. I guess SD will be taking the lead in 2008 of coach-hating from the fine folks in LC.

I can honestly say I've never been around a collective group of fans in the same region that have as much disdain for their head coaches than some of the teams in 3-4A did in 2007. I guess SD will be taking the lead in 2008 of coach-hating from the fine folks in LC.

Yeah ..Plus sum of 'em didunt like thair coaches either... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />