2008 Alcoa Tornadoes

Tom142

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The area's of focus coming off spring practice and two very good scrimmages with Morristown West and McMinn Central, is QB play and the Offensive line.

During the McMinn Central scrimmage QB, Chase James got sacked WAY too many times. He was scrambling typically as soon as the ball hit his hands.

The run defense looked solid during the scrimmages. Especially inside the 20's. I was very impressed. The pass defense looked good and that was without Thompson, and the Toney brothers.

The running games behind Toney, Tyson, Foster, and Warren will be solid. But the Off. line needs to hold the holes a little longer.

Early on, I see the defense, special teams, and the running game being as strong as last years team.

I feel the coaches will have the offense ready to go by fall!.................So, YES, 5 straight here we come! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A lot of QB James getting hit in the scrimmage was not due to the line but to 3rd and 4th string rbs foster and rudd missing guys coming off the edge. Also, in addition to starting LB Jalik Toney not playing the Alcoa defensive coaches were trying something different this spring experimenting with putting LB Conner Miles down at DT. this was just an experiment and he will be back at LB in the fall. The timing was off in the passing game but I think that is due to the fact that Alcoa didnt work any passing game this fall because they only had 4 wrs at spring practice, only one of which (Isom) who will play any this fall and also because wr coach harris was still coaching the baseball team, limiting the amount of things they could do.

Alcoa will be the favorite to win the 2A Title. I will say this. If there is a time for a 2A team to get Alcoa this will be their best chance. Alcoa will still be great this year. The next few years in 2009 and 2010 Alcoa will be awesome. Maryville will still have a great team in those years but they will have a very hard time with Alcoa. I think Maryville will whip Alcoa this year. The next few years it will be hard for Maryville to beat Alcoa.

Alcoa will be the favorite to win the 2A Title. I will say this. If there is a time for a 2A team to get Alcoa this will be their best chance. Alcoa will still be great this year. The next few years in 2009 and 2010 Alcoa will be awesome. Maryville will still have a great team in those years but they will have a very hard time with Alcoa. I think Maryville will whip Alcoa this year. The next few years it will be hard for Maryville to beat Alcoa.

hey rebelron...good to see ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A lot of QB James getting hit in the scrimmage was not due to the line but to 3rd and 4th string rbs foster and rudd missing guys coming off the edge. Also, in addition to starting LB Jalik Toney not playing the Alcoa defensive coaches were trying something different this spring experimenting with putting LB Conner Miles down at DT. this was just an experiment and he will be back at LB in the fall. The timing was off in the passing game but I think that is due to the fact that Alcoa didnt work any passing game this fall because they only had 4 wrs at spring practice, only one of which (Isom) who will play any this fall and also because wr coach harris was still coaching the baseball team, limiting the amount of things they could do.

You guys in the McMinn Central scrimmage faced about as good of DE's as you will see all year. One was All State last year and the other is a transfer with about as much tallent. Our LBs are also pretty good this year. We shut out McMinn Co. a AAAAA school last week in our other scrimmage. That is why your QB had such a tough time two weeks ago. You are correct on the other statements, Alcoa is very tallented and the RB's are beasts! Good luck next year, we have a lot of respect for your kids and coaching staff!

You also didn't factor in the fact that we were without our starting RB due to track (Jaron Toney), starting TE/DE in Tyler Robinson because of baseball, and starting WR/SS Sam Thompson, was out for soccer during that scrimmage, as were a few other contributors as well. But I heard McMinn fielded a good team, and they look strong this year, best of luck to the Chargers!

• 1 month later...