Done

fishunt

As I write this I am with heavy heart, my Hailey just played her last fast pitch softball game.Done. She has had a great High school year. She has been to STATE every year taken 5th, 3rd, 3rd,&4th this year she had a pitching record 29-9 with 368 k's for the season. Done. Right now she is in Bed beat up, she has a sore leg a sore hip a sore forearm with tendonitis and sore sholder.DONE. Her 8 years of travel ball and school has been great and I will miss watching her play, but like most, when there baby quits they quit, not me, I am not DONE, I will be around the game for a long time, I love watching the game. I have been fortunate to meet some great people around the softball field, some I have become life long friends with. I have been very lucky Hailey has had some great coach's that have taken her all over the USA playing ball.

This afternoon Cornersville beat us bad, In that game Hailey was done in the 4th inning.Done. Tendoninitis had taken over and raised it's ugly head, all of her pitches went flat , they were not moving. Done.She was hurting I could see it in her face, It was hard for me to watch, they were beating her up BAD, but she held her head high and and played her heart out, I was proud of her, prouder then I have ever been. Cornersville has a great team, I knew they could hit the ball when we played them in the Brentwood tournament and beat them 2-0.That was one of the best games Hailey has ever pitched. I knew going into this game if Hailey was not on her game we were beat. It's was not the best way for her to end her softball career. she will not be going on to play in college even though she had two offers at State she is DONE. good luck to all, I will see you at the ball park. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jeff Rutledge

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know how you feel i went through with my oldest boy last year the only thing that helped is that i have 3 younger ones that keep me busy but with that child it is a sad feeling however just like everything else our babies grow up and move on to other things and now is her time i hope her shoulder get feeling better soon

Hailey is the most competitive kid I have ever coached... She is an amazing pitcher, hitter, outfielder, and most of all, person. She has played through all kinds of pain and soreness and she never complained. Our entire season was ridden on her shoulders and she took us to the final four out of almost a hundred teams. I admire her work ethic, relationship with her teammates, and respect for her coaches. I will miss her greatly, and I know without a doubt that I will never have a player like her again... To her mom and dad... you guys are amazing, now I know where BOTH of your kids get it from... Thanks for everything and please continue to come to our games! To tell you what kind of heart this kid has, I went out there in the sixth inning when we were losing 11-1 and I asked her if she wanted to come out and she looked me straight in the face and said "I don't want to come out. I'm NOT coming out, I'm finishing it." I nearly cried right then. I have never been so proud of a kid in my life. From her teammates and coaches who she is leaving behind: GOOD LUCK IN EVERYTHING HAILEY WE LOVE YOU!

As I write this I am with heavy heart, my Hailey just played her last fast pitch softball game.Done. She has had a great High school year. She has been to STATE every year taken 5th, 3rd, 3rd,&4th this year she had a pitching record 29-9 with 359 k's for the season. Done. Right now she is in Bed beat up, she has a sore leg a sore hip a sore forearm with tendonitis and sore sholder.DONE. Her 8 years of travel ball and school has been great and I will miss watching her play, but like most, when there baby quits they quit, not me, I am not DONE, I will be around the game for a long time, I love watching the game. I have been fortunate to meet some great people around the softball field, some I have become life long friends with. I have been very lucky Hailey has had some great coach's that have taken her all over the USA playing ball.

This afternoon Cornersville beat us bad, In that game Hailey was done in the 4th inning.Done. Tendoninitis had taken over and raised it's ugly head, all of her pitches went flat , they were not moving. Done.She was hurting I could see it in her face, It was hard for me to watch, they were beating her up BAD, but she held her head high and and played her heart out, I was proud of her, prouder then I have ever been. Cornersville has a great team, I knew they could hit the ball when we played them in the Brentwood tournament and beat them 2-0.That was one of the best games Hailey has ever pitched. I knew going into this game if Hailey was not on her game we were beat. It's was not the best way for her to end her softball career. she will not be going on to play in college even though she had two offers at State she is DONE. good luck to all, I will see you at the ball park. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jeff Rutledge

It is DONE for all of us at one time or another. Some...sooner than others. Congrats to your daughter for a great career.

Hey Jeff and Hailey,

Goes so fast, only seems yesterday we were in Sioux Falls and Seattle. They were quite a pair with the glitter and all. You guys accepted us into the Diamond family with no reservations and we had a ball. We hopefully only have 7 more innings to go, and then it will be Devon's last game. We wish Hailey all the luck in the world. She was never one to have a frown, and certainly was one never to be quiet /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . But she did keep Jim and I awake on that drive to South Dakota. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I had the pleasure of watching some amazing pitching performances by Hailey at the ASA Nationals in Seattle. I loved your pink cleats. She is a fine young lady with great parents and our family wishes her all the best in all her future endeavors. Its been a pleasure.

Good Luck Hailey

ASA nationals Seattle WA. Wow that was two years years ago this summer. Here

are two pic i happen to have i thought i would share with yall. look at the talent on this team!!!!

One more from Seattle. The PINK shoes!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the kind words Yall.

Congrats to Hailey for a great year and a great run in the state. She is an amazing pitcher who I admire on and off the field. Also congrats to my friend Lindsey Farmer on 4 great years.Friendship ladies are a class act with class act coaching also. Good Luck Hailey and Lindsey with your college goals and I know you both will be successful in anything you two do. Congrats!!!

Jessica

Lebanon High School