William Blount Govs

wbgov09

Maybe the next lesson should be topic correlation, since when you called William Blount "overrated," I was proving how that "overrated" William Blount team is still better than Alcoa.

If you want to delve into the dictionary, Webster, the definition of overrated is as follows: "to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate:"

My point was that Alcoa was overrated, and this point is still valid. Maybe you should go back to school, because Alcoa has been rated too highly and overestimated by many posters in this thread (no, not you, but my original point wasn't directed towards you) when they say that they would beat 5A teams like Dobyns Bennett. I never once said that they didn't live up to their 2A hype, they can have all the gold balls they like, but some still will say that they can hang in 5A. This is not true, and that is my point. Try your reading comprehension advice out sometime, it may work out for you.

William Blount did NOT live up to the hype last year, and I'll be the first to admit this. Their lack of production in the post-season was very disappointing, but sometimes things just don't fall into place. This doesn't make them any less of a great team, and does not make them "overrated." They laid an egg, but they still had the most successful season in school history and were one point from winning the toughest 5A region in the state. Losing in the playoffs doesn't mean that we weren't a "legitimate state semi-finalist contender." It means that we had a bad game when we couldn't afford it.

I don't have anything against any of the posters in this thread, but it's tough to listen to people say that William Blount is the third best team in the county when I know that's not true. I'm just sticking up for my school, as anyone else would do for theirs.

Tell me how do you know WB was so much better than Alcoa last year?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am sure that you are aware their were approximately thirty penalties called on Alcoa in the 2004 match up because the state's head of officiating was in attendence to observe the crew calling the contest. In this match up, as I am sure you remember Alcoa had two fifty plus yard scoring plays called back on petty penalties twenty yards away from the play. Alcoa's offense was so statisticly dismal because they most progress was hinderd due to this refereeing debacle. That is solely why Alcoa did not win by forty not because William Blount was a remotely competitive footbal team.

In 2003 you won and congratulations, but I probably should point out that this was the first year John Reid was coaching the Tornadoes after his stint with William Blount, and I'm sure that the Blount staff was well versed in Reid's play calling and tendencies.

In 2002 you beat the worst team Alcoa has ever put on the field and once again congratulations you were victorious over a bad 2A team.

I still don't understand why you think 5A is so much better than the other classifications, when was the last time someone in your region won a state title? I believe it was Oak Ridge in the mid 90's, so obviously you are not going up against the zenith of 5A competition during the season, nor are you in the playoffs because you so rarely make it out of the first round. You have no way of accurately gauging top tallent in 5A because you don't play against it. But a good way to gauge tallent in this area is to see what schhols are producing major division one signees in recent years, so lets review that list Maryville (4a) Fulton (3a) Austin East (3a) Catholic (3a) Alcoa (2a) Loudon (2a) Powel(4a) Faragut (5a), I do not see many local 5a schools on this list so obviously major college football programs see better football players in the lower classifications.

Solomon your line about docjeffandheather was one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen posted on this site.

Bcsportsfan you might be surprised at the level of education one can recieve at the formerly blue building behind the duck pond.

I try. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, can anyone tell me the series record between Alcoa and William Blount? The more I have thought about it, the more I will say that Alcoa would have beaten the Govs in 05 and 06 and the 07 game would have been a pretty good one to watch, but I would have given WB the nod based on depth.

Bcsportsfan you might be surprised at the level of education one can recieve at the formerly blue building behind the duck pond.

Thaut bloo bildin shore dun fine buy me. Befor Ah weunt thar Ah coodent even spail "Yoozd Car Sailzman", now Ah r won! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I try. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, can anyone tell me the series record between Alcoa and William Blount? The more I have thought about it, the more I will say that Alcoa would have beaten the Govs in 05 and 06 and the 07 game would have been a pretty good one to watch, but I would have given WB the nod based on depth.

1993 52-14 AHS

1994 7-6 AHS

1995 17-14 WBHS

1996 24-6 WBHS

1997 15-10 WBHS

1998 28-6 WBHS

1999 35-27 WBHS

2000 34-7 AHS

2001 33-30 AHS

2002 44-8 WBHS

2003 28-6 WBHS

2004 20-7 AHS

2005 -

2006 -

2007- imo, AHS wins 2005, 2006, In 2007, I'll go WHBS

Oh.........and remember back when you where in that formerly blue building, it's "I" before "E" except after "C". You can not claim to be "thesmartestpersonalive" and forget that?! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I do apologize, that is quite embarrassing I guess I will have to start proofreading before I post to prevent such improprieties from happening again, but spelling has always been the greatest foible of my ventures through academia.

Thiz iz a good discusshun.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Me two, plus hit wuz thu werst part wheun I wuz in skool. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Spellin' wuz my best subjict.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Rite beehind lunch and bondo klass..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I dont know by that time in the season they had found out that Buck was ready to play as a freshman and that tyson was just as good as hodge. Also they had found out who was going to step up on the defense side of the ball. I would have to say that Rankin and the Overall speed of Alcoa wins the 07 game in the last minutes.

Spellin' wuz my best subjict.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Rite beehind lunch and bondo klass..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

bondo klass??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I liked art class..........sniffing glue was a better high than fresh whipped bondo! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Plus you could eat all the crayons you wanted /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

eye kuda esilee bin garbeeg truk driv'r wit my towlants. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />