Next Season (2009)

MSM34

When I was coaching that is how I ran my program. If you wish to do something different , to each their own.

[/quote)

Kudos to you if that is how you run your program. I know for a fact that several dads approached the previous coach at Ooltewah about playing time issues with the intent of transferring if they didn't hear what they wanted to hear.

Hopefully, the next coach runs the program like Joe Wingate and bans their meddling butts from practice. Hopefully, the new coach will have a "legitimate" tryout instead of trying to form his team over the offseason. We also don't need coaches of select teams who have sons and players on the team bending the coach's ear either. If the new coach is who it is rumored to be than I believe it will be a real coup for the Owls. He needs to shut the parents out and start from square one with a tryout. The best players should play whether they are a frosh or senior.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who might that be?

I heard the only teaching position available or open was in Math. There's not a lot of HS baseball coaches that teach Math.

Oh, and it ain't going to be Garland. I spoke with him at Ridgeland during their tournament and he just laughed.

So, who is it gonna be?

There s alot of parents in coaches ear s that dont need to be...............let the coach do the coaching and the parents do the cheering for the TEAM, i ve heard alot of so called parents go out on a limb and say there kid was gonna be the best on the team and in the city and turned out to be just what there dad was which was NOTHING. Way to much presssure from these wanna be parents or i should say has been s

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see:

Farragut returns-

2008 National Rookie of Year

2 All Americans

4 All State Players

5 All Region Players

6 All District Players

And each of them knows that all that means nothing if they don't do better next year.

York Dragons are returning all their players from

a dissapointing year. They do have a new coach, so maybe they will play totheir potential this year.They have abou 8 seniors, so they better do something this year!

Oak Ridge returns 5 starters and 4 experiece pitchers for next year. They will only have 1 senior that starts in the field and 1 senior as a pitcher. They will have to replace their catcher and 2 outfielders, but will return their infield (all juniors) including Woullard (ss) and Guymon (2B) that only committed 6 errors between them all year. Monger their (3B) might move to catcher which will strengthen their middle defense. Probably the most talent team that OR has had in the last 10 years.