Bearden Bulldogs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden's offense was sluggish during thier scrimmage with OR. As would any other offense during spring practice. They do have a very good upcoming class, they have in the neighboorhood of 95 players.

Comparing them to last years team, obviously they will be down some, but not as down as everyone is thinking. You need to remember also Bearden went undeafted in JV play last season.

The line play will not be dominate like it was last year. I beleive Ryan Potter will do as well if not better at QB. He did not participate in Spring scrimmage due to baseball. The running back posistion is going to fun to watch also. They have 2 sophmores upcoming, Devrin Young with 4.4 speed. This kid is Reggie Bush, Barry Sanders, and Justin Gatlin in one body. He was running track in the spring also. He is already on UT, Colorado, and Oklahoma States radar. Peyton Landers will the second sophmore running back to watch also. He has 4.7 to 4.6 speed. He is a big and mean runner.

Tanner Fine will be leading a fast and aggresive defense, that pretty much shut Oak ridge down during the spring.

All and all this team reminds me of Dobbins-Bennett's last season. They will compete will everyone they play with. Dominate most and if the stars align right will beat a team or two they shoudn't.

Man i agree they will be a lot better than people think they will but there is no way you can compare a 10th grader to barry sanders . that just can't be done. he's not even the starter. what about the other skill positions too, were there any big receivers?

Man i agree they will be a lot better than people think they will but there is no way you can compare a 10th grader to barry sanders . that just can't be done. he's not even the starter. what about the other skill positions too, were there any big receivers?

you must have never seen this soph Devrin Young. Bearden held him out of spring practice because he was running track and he really didnt have anything to prove. He is the starter going into fall camp. Devrin Young is all those things the poster above mentioned. He is the real deal, and I would be very surprised if he isnt KIL sophomore of the year. In addtion to those schools As a frosh who has never pplayed varsity he is getting interest from

UT

Colorado

Oklahoma State

Michigan

Duke

Florida

Texas

Oregon

Princeton

I mean we arent talking about an average player. We are talking about a kid who is already on the radar as a National recruit. He was MVP of the Schumann Underclassmen camp in ATL and was invited recently to the Ultiimate 100 (invite only camp) on 6/21/08. He has one of the TOP Nike SPARQ scores in the nation for a 2011 kid and has the 2nd fastest shuttle time in the nation.

He also qualified for the state track meet as a frosh (only frosh in the 100M)..he was all district..all KIL..ALL region in track...your talkinmg about a very special athlete....havent seen too many like him...he has a chance to be one of the best ever Knoxville has produced...he reminds me of Dennis Rogan from Fulton but more wiggle...

you must have never seen this soph Devrin Young. Bearden held him out of spring practice because he was running track and he really didnt have anything to prove. He is the starter going into fall camp. Devrin Young is all those things the poster above mentioned. He is the real deal, and I would be very surprised if he isnt KIL sophomore of the year. In addtion to those schools As a frosh who has never pplayed varsity he is getting interest from

UT

Colorado

Oklahoma State

Michigan

Duke

Florida

Texas

Oregon

Princeton

I mean we arent talking about an average player. We are talking about a kid who is already on the radar as a National recruit. He was MVP of the Schumann Underclassmen camp in ATL and was invited recently to the Ultiimate 100 (invite only camp) on 6/21/08. He has one of the TOP Nike SPARQ scores in the nation for a 2011 kid and has the 2nd fastest shuttle time in the nation.

He also qualified for the state track meet as a frosh (only frosh in the 100M)..he was all district..all KIL..ALL region in track...your talkinmg about a very special athlete....havent seen too many like him...he has a chance to be one of the best ever Knoxville has produced...he reminds me of Dennis Rogan from Fulton but more wiggle...

If this kid is so awsome then why did he not play last year

Man....You have no idea....Devrin is he best running back in East Tn, maybe the state, right now..Of corse as a incoming 10th grader nobody has seen him run. Come November you will see what we are talking about.

Not trying to talk smack or get a argument going, it is going to be a long 3 yrs for Farragut.

Best RB in east tennessee, and maybe the state?????????

What is that based on?

#1 Bearden has always been a school that has never played its freshmen at the varsity level. #2 they had 2 very tallented senoirs in Tory Works and Shawn Cunningham. #3 Dervin came off of a major ankle injury from his 8th grade year.

Works rushed for over 1,900 yds as well. Devrin is a different guy all together. He wont be a 25 carry a game back like Tory but he will do damage in other ways..in Bearden's spread attack I look for him to get 10-15 carries a game at RB...he will also catch the ball out of the backfield... they will probably get him another 3-7 touches that way...in addition they could line him up in the slot and he could make plays there as well. I'm sure he will also return kickoffs and punts.in space...its just hard for someone to deal with him one on one..he also plays CB....IMO his position down the road could be CB in college...TN is looking at him as a DB.. he is very skilled.great footwork acceleration...he stops and is back to full speed in no time the 4.16 shuttle time speaks volumes on this..he will make plays on defense too....

people will just have to see in the fall....the kid is just crazy hungry

he is working a parttime job

running AAU track Knoxville Track Club

going through summer football practice

3.0 in Advanced Placement Classes

good looking looks like A-Rod or Jeter

This guy has a bright future!

#1 Bearden has always been a school that has never played its freshmen at the varsity level. #2 they had 2 very tallented senoirs in Tory Works and Shawn Cunningham. #3 Dervin came off of a major ankle injury from his 8th grade year.

Works rushed for over 1,900 yds as well. Devrin is a different guy all together. He wont be a 25 carry a game back like Tory but he will do damage in other ways..in Bearden's spread attack I look for him to get 10-15 carries a game at RB...he will also catch the ball out of the backfield... they will probably get him another 3-7 touches that way...in addition they could line him up in the slot and he could make plays there as well. I'm sure he will also return kickoffs and punts.in space...its just hard for someone to deal with him one on one..he also plays CB....IMO his position down the road could be CB in college...TN is looking at him as a DB.. he is very skilled.great footwork acceleration...he stops and is back to full speed in no time the 4.16 shuttle time speaks volumes on this..he will make plays on defense too....

people will just have to see in the fall....the kid is just crazy hungry

he is working a parttime job

running AAU track Knoxville Track Club

going through summer football practice

3.0 in Advanced Placement Classes

good looking looks like A-Rod or Jeter

This guy has a bright future!

Watch this. This is when he was 10. I wish, I had video from last yr, but a house fire took it.

He can do the same thing now, plus more at 4.4 speed..

* I would like to add..I am not trying to insult any other player at any other program in the state. Farragut123 started this forum about Bearden football. I weighed in on it with my knowledge of the Bearden program. I know as a sophmore it is hard to believe that he is that good. Come watch him, it is jaw dropping.

Sorry but a pop warner video is not going to convince me that he's the best RB in east tenn/state(I question whether he's the best RB in his own region after watching the Sensabaugh kid at DB last year). I`m sure he's a fine player, but how about we let him play a few downs of varsity football before he gets a crown.

I am not trying to convince anyone. Like i said before, someone asked about Bearden football and I gave them my opinion. Since I see this kid every day and his coaches, I know what is going on with him. I agree, give him a few downs, that is fair. But, will you mind if I start shining the crown?

well whether this kid is the best RB in TN or not doesn't really matter. we'll just have to wait and see how much he plays and how he fairs on the varsity level. as for now i am gonna plan for watching the threats i already know are there. I personally think, from watching the oak ridge scrimmage and their spring game that # 87 Davis Tull will be the biggest offensive threat coming out of Bearden. He is the go-to receiver in a west-coast Bearden offense. He has a lot of size and speed, he plays defense too but no doubt #36 Tanner Fine is the biggest defensive threat. He plays mean and loves to hit.

Devrin is the real deal without a doubt after he spends some more time in the weight room & gains some more size he may be unstoppable. He is like a Reggie Bush, get him some open space & he can do damage. If anyone here watched that freshman team last year he was a sight to see. He had an amazing kick off return against Fulton. He intercepted 4 or 5 passes on defense for the season. There is alot of talent in that sophomore class at Bearden.