3A Title

fbgm09

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing the region that has White House, Station Camp, Greenbrier, etc.. whoever comes out of there number one will be tough! I'm a region three person, just not sure if we are at that point yet.

I'm glad you realize that Region 3 probably isn't at that point yet. Many Central fans are already proclaiming they'll play in the state championship game. I tell them Central will probably win the first round of the playoffs, but the season will end if they make it to the second round.

Just looking at history tells you Region 3-3A has been fodder for Region 4-3A. I don't think any of the 4 teams from Region 3 has won a first round playoff game against Region 4 the past three years.

Polk's Region 3 championship team in '05 lost in the first round to Region 4's 4th place team.

Meigs' Region 3 championship team in '06 lost in the first round to Region 4's 4th place team.

Central's Region 3 championship team in '07 lost in the first round to Region 4's 4th place team.

The Region 3 teams get lulled into thinking they're good just because they go 9-1 or 10-0 and win the Region. Then reality hits them hard when they get beat by a 4th place 5-5 team from Region 4.

Region 4 normally has the better athletes but the difference is that they're coached much, much better. It's just a fact.

I don't think any of the 4 teams from Region 3 has won a first round playoff game against Region 4 the past three years. 4 normally has the better athletes but the difference is that they're coached much, much better. It's just a fact.

Region 3 is 0-8 against Region 4 the last two years. Howard lost to Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. Notre Dame lost to White House. Meigs Co. lost to Sycamore & Station Camp. McMinn Central lost to Greenbrier. Polk Co. lost to Pearl Cohn & White House.

In 2005 Notre Dame was 3-0 against Region 4 teams. They beat Macon Co. in the first round. They beat Pearl Cohn in the second round. They beat White House in the quarterfinals.

That same year however Polk Co. lost to White House, Howard lost to Greenbrier, & East Ridge lost to Pearl Cohn in the opening round games.

Outside of that great 2005 squad that Notre Dame had the Region 3 teams have just looked overwhelmed when they play the Region 4 teams.

Region 3 is 0-8 against Region 4 the last two years. Howard lost to Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. Notre Dame lost to White House. Meigs Co. lost to Sycamore & Station Camp. McMinn Central lost to Greenbrier. Polk Co. lost to Pearl Cohn & White House.

In 2005 Notre Dame was 3-0 against Region 4 teams. They beat Macon Co. in the first round. They beat Pearl Cohn in the second round. They beat White House in the quarterfinals.

That same year however Polk Co. lost to White House, Howard lost to Greenbrier, & East Ridge lost to Pearl Cohn in the opening round games.

Outside of that great 2005 squad that Notre Dame had the Region 3 teams have just looked overwhelmed when they play the Region 4 teams.

I remember when ND was really good