Alcoa 2008

patty504

My thoughts.......who gives a shizz about Alcoa!

Aaaaahhhhhhhh...............freeacen, did someone kick your little bulldog's butt? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Since Milan can NEVER get to the BIG game, maybe Milan can schedule Alcoa in the regular season?! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan is like White House in the sense that every single year they say that they are going all the way yet they always seem to stumble in the "big game" over the past decade. Examples of this include playoff matchups against Huntingdon and Goodpasture. It's not a knock because every year they advance deep in the postseason and are always a powerhouse. As far as winning state titles goes they always find a way to lose that chance since 2000. As I stated earlier White House has been the same in their playoff showdowns ith Hillsboro and Pearl Cohn. Knoxville Catholic is another example of this as they always fall in the playoffs when they see Fulton, Austin East, and even Livingston Academy.

Great regular season success does not always equal playoff success all the way through November and into December. It's tough to beat powerhouses and it's especially tough to beat powerhouses when you are always playing them for the second time in a few months. Huntingdon's wins over Milan in 2003 & 2004 as well as Jackson South Side's win over Milan in 2000 are excellent examples of this.

This problem never bites Alcoa for two reasons:

1.) Maryville is 4A /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

2.) Teams like Loudon and Sweetwater couldn't beat Alcoa in their dreams /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How about Hodge and the kid who won defensive MVP of the Blue Cross Bowl last year??? How will both of them play a role in Alcoa's success this year???? Is Jock Stinson going to be at Alcoa this fall?????

Hodge was a senior this past year. Tyler Robinson was the defensive MVP of the BCB, he'll be a junior and he'll be a beast at both TE and DE. I've heard from a player on the Alcoa team that Stinson will be here this fall.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh...............freeacen, did someone kick your little bulldog's butt? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Since Milan can NEVER get to the BIG game, maybe Milan can schedule Alcoa in the regular season?! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BC....you got me all wrong, I am from Trenton, Peabody man all the way. I have NO love for Milan at all.

But, Alcoa will be seeing them this year. And it will be a game, no blow out here.

And to answer your question, yes we did kick that Bulldogs butt! It felt great! But that was last year.

BC....you got me all wrong, I am from Trenton, Peabody man all the way. I have NO love for Milan at all.

But, Alcoa will be seeing them this year. And it will be a game, no blow out here.

And to answer your question, yes we did kick that Bulldogs butt! It felt great! But that was last year.

The way the split is looking to work out for 2009, Peabody and Huntingdon will be two of my favorites to compete for the NEW 2A championship. I don't see any teams from the east being a threat in the 2A playoff/championship play after 2009?

The way the split is looking to work out for 2009, Peabody and Huntingdon will be two of my favorites to compete for the NEW 2A championship. I don't see any teams from the east being a threat in the 2A playoff/championship play after 2009?

Huntindon should be the fav. in the new 2A the first year, and may win it all. Peabody will be the fav. in 2011.

Our 2009 freshmen team has more raw talent than last years seniors, and the High school coaches can't wait for them to get to there. Both Huntingdon and Trenton should really thrive in the new setting, they will be two of the largest schools. I just hope we don't stop playing Milan!

Haha thats what they all say. Alcoa will beat any team they face in 2A by 30. No one in 2A has the talent, depth, or speed to match up with them.

When will someone in 2A give Alcoa a game?

Haha thats what they all say. Alcoa will beat any team they face in 2A by 30. No one in 2A has the talent, depth, or speed to match up with them.

Alcoa will still be the pick in the "new 3A" in 2009 as well. It is basically what we know as 2A. It has just simply added teams like Pearl Cohn and Cheatham Co. who will both have the potential to enjoy lots of success on the west half of the playoff bracket I believe. Goodpasture and DCA are still going to be the teams to beat out west.

Alcoa will roll through the east untested as usual and if the last three years are of any indication then they'll have their way with either Goodpasture or DCA (if they don't go D-II A). Goodpasture will stay because they want no part of MBA, BA, BGA, Father Ryan, Christian Brothers, McCallie, MUS, etc. The same goes for David Lipscomb in the "new 4A" if I were a betting man.

Guest nwtnsports

I'm sure the Bulldog fans appreciate your confidence in their team. But, I have seen Alcoa and Goodpasture in the championship game the past two years. The Tornadoes are my heavy favorite to win their fifth straight in AA.

Maybe whoever comes from the West can beat a talented Region 5 team to play Alcoa for the title.

Probably when someone in 2A is able to match the athletes you have or come close to it.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />