Alcoa 2008

patty504

Does anyone know of any of some of the incoming freshman talent that will be on display at Goddard Field come August?

Vanderbilt "v" Hambrick is the first that comes to mind, he has incredible speed agility and vision, watching him in middle school he did very similar things to what Ronald Osborne did during his stint at AMS, his size may prevent his talent from transistioning as quickly to the high school level but I would expect his sheer athleticism to afford him opportunities to carry the ball.

John Tucker Rankin the son of Gary Rankin Played Center and Linebacker at AMS but is more likely to play OL/DL for the high school he is very strong and knows the game very well and makes good decisions. Of the upcoming Freshmen I would see him as the most physically ready to play.

His name escapes me but there is a gigantic Tight end who has good hands but may need to add some meat to his frame, he is about 6'5"...I think his name is shone or something similar to that. He is tallented enough to play but his style is similar to Tyler Robinson and at this point Tyler is Better so he will probably not see much action in 08. He could immediately contribute on the hardwood for the Tornadoes.

A second RB/DB Tre Tate is a skilled runner similar to "V", but not quite as good, maybe a step slower and agility that is just behind Hambrick. He still plays at a high level and could provide depth in the secondary and contribute on special teams

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of Hambrick but I don't know much about him.

John Tucker has the best work ethic I have seen in someone his age. He is dedicated to all he does, football, wrestling, and academics. I really look forward to seeing how he progresses. Depending on where his weight goes will decide his position. I think he told me he was aiming for 215 or so. He sets goals and goes after them. As far as the rest of the Alcoa 08 I expect good things. I am ready for the first game.

We may have to build a bigger trophy case because it is very possible that number 5 comes this December.

Vanderbilt "v" Hambrick is the first that comes to mind, he has incredible speed agility and vision, watching him in middle school he did very similar things to what Ronald Osborne did during his stint at AMS, his size may prevent his talent from transistioning as quickly to the high school level but I would expect his sheer athleticism to afford him opportunities to carry the ball.

John Tucker Rankin the son of Gary Rankin Played Center and Linebacker at AMS but is more likely to play OL/DL for the high school he is very strong and knows the game very well and makes good decisions. Of the upcoming Freshmen I would see him as the most physically ready to play.

His name escapes me but there is a gigantic Tight end who has good hands but may need to add some meat to his frame, he is about 6'5"...I think his name is shone or something similar to that. He is tallented enough to play but his style is similar to Tyler Robinson and at this point Tyler is Better so he will probably not see much action in 08. He could immediately contribute on the hardwood for the Tornadoes.

A second RB/DB Tre Tate is a skilled runner similar to "V", but not quite as good, maybe a step slower and agility that is just behind Hambrick. He still plays at a high level and could provide depth in the secondary and contribute on special teams

Great break down on incoming freshmen! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does anyone know of any of some of the incoming freshman talent that will be on display at Goddard Field come August?

This Fr. class at Alcoa is loaded. As good with potential to be better than Alcoas soph class, which is saying a lot considering that group with warren and tyson is one of the best that school has seen. Vanderbilt Hambrick is as good as anyone who has ever come out of alcoa middle school. he will remind a lot of people of shiverdecker with his running style. Tre Tate is another RB who has the potential to do big things for Alcoa. LaJuan Warfield is a wr who will more than likely be Alcoas next big D-1 wr signee and has the ability to be a lot like Lanxter who signed with Kentucky. Another wr is Chaz Vesser. Hes a lot like Sam Thompson. They also have a qb who is around 6'1 or 6'2 who came from maryville. I believe he won the throwing competition at the middle school jamboree. The real key to this class is Coach Rankins son John Tucker. One of the hardest workers you will ever see. His strength and knowledge of Alcoas scheme will help him get on the field early. Look out for this group. They are a great bunch of football players and even better kids.

The midstate will actually have a rare opportunity to see Alcoa during the regular season this fall when they travel to play White House in an early season matchup.

There are many who are going to expect and project high things from White House during the preseason. They may be the favorite to come out of the east half of the bracket and play in the Class 3A Blue Cross Bowl. This is so because Station Camp & Pearl Cohn are graduating a lot of starters from their teams and Fulton was also hit pretty well with graduation losses. The Blue Devils return just about everyone (with the exception of #69 Gaines) from their quarterfinal team last year.

What can fans over in this part of the state expect out of Alcoa seeing them for once outside of the final game of the season when they are actually clicking on all cylinders??????

The midstate will actually have a rare opportunity to see Alcoa during the regular season this fall when they travel to play White House in an early season matchup.

There are many who are going to expect and project high things from White House during the preseason. They may be the favorite to come out of the east half of the bracket and play in the Class 3A Blue Cross Bowl. This is so because Station Camp & Pearl Cohn are graduating a lot of starters from their teams and Fulton was also hit pretty well with graduation losses. The Blue Devils return just about everyone (with the exception of #69 Gaines) from their quarterfinal team last year.

What can fans over in this part of the state expect out of Alcoa seeing them for once outside of the final game of the season when they are actually clicking on all cylinders??????

I look forward to traveling to White house and enjoying their football atmosphere and traditions. It should be a lot closer game than last year. Alcoa will have two games under their belt with the Spring hill and Maryville game already being played. Alcoa tends to grow up a lot after the game with Maryville. Most of the time with a loss and something to prove. It will be a fun game to attend!

I look forward to traveling to White house and enjoying their football atmosphere and traditions. It should be a lot closer game than last year. Alcoa will have two games under their belt with the Spring hill and Maryville game already being played. Alcoa tends to grow up a lot after the game with Maryville. Most of the time with a loss and something to prove. It will be a fun game to attend!

I am not going to lie to you when I say that I am not a fan of WHHS. I feel like they have arrogant fans who constantly overrate their football team on a yearly basis. At the same time however I will say that I do respect the passion that they all have for Blue Devil Football. When you drive up to White House City Park and get ready to play a football game at "Dewey H. Whitson Stadium" you'd better come to play. It is an incredible environment to watch a HS football game once you walk through the gate and drop off the hillside. It's almost as if you are in the ground playing. You'll have about 2,500 blue and white shirts and a whole lot of B.D.P. on that night for certain. It also seems like everyone brings a jug filled with rocks because you can hear them shaking in the stands not only throughout Friday night but the echo still is ringing in your ears on Saturday morning as well. If you are a fan of a great atmosphere for a HS football game then you'll certainly cherish your trip to "The House" early in this 2008 season.

I am not going to lie to you when I say that I am not a fan of WHHS. I feel like they have arrogant fans who constantly overrate their football team on a yearly basis. At the same time however I will say that I do respect the passion that they all have for Blue Devil Football. When you drive up to White House City Park and get ready to play a football game at "Dewey H. Whitson Stadium" you'd better come to play. It is an incredible environment to watch a HS football game once you walk through the gate and drop off the hillside. It's almost as if you are in the ground playing. You'll have about 2,500 blue and white shirts and a whole lot of B.D.P. on that night for certain. It also seems like everyone brings a jug filled with rocks because you can hear them shaking in the stands not only throughout Friday night but the echo still is ringing in your ears on Saturday morning as well. If you are a fan of a great atmosphere for a HS football game then you'll certainly cherish your trip to "The House" early in this 2008 season.

Can not wait! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The game time atmosphere is what I enjoy best!

Alcoa will take care of business at WH .. they have been supposedly tough places to play many times ... Im sure it is a great atmosphere for football but rest assured you wont intimidate any kids from Alcoa .... I am a Fulton fan and have heard these stories of how tough it is to play in MIddle Tn ... all i Heard from Smith Co 3 years ago was dont come to the "BLACK HOLE" ... well Fulton and Alcoa have both been to the black hole and won by big margins .. again ALCOA and FULTON players dont get intimidated anywhere they play ... not to say they cant be beat but they wont be scared !!!!! Good Luck Alcoa .. looks like you guys are about as close to a lock for another GOLD BALL as you can get ... you have some fine players .. you have a great place at home to play .. when Fulton came over to play 2 years ago it was a great game and a great place to watch a game ... I was treated very nice ...

Alcoa will take care of business at WH .. they have been supposedly tough places to play many times ... Im sure it is a great atmosphere for football but rest assured you wont intimidate any kids from Alcoa .... I am a Fulton fan and have heard these stories of how tough it is to play in MIddle Tn ... all i Heard from Smith Co 3 years ago was dont come to the "BLACK HOLE" ... well Fulton and Alcoa have both been to the black hole and won by big margins .. again ALCOA and FULTON players dont get intimidated anywhere they play ... not to say they cant be beat but they wont be scared !!!!! Good Luck Alcoa .. looks like you guys are about as close to a lock for another GOLD BALL as you can get ... you have some fine players .. you have a great place at home to play .. when Fulton came over to play 2 years ago it was a great game and a great place to watch a game ... I was treated very nice ...

tadvols..............That Fulton/Alcoa rematch was a heck of a game! On of my all time favorites! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />