Z-Plan Passed

ddaddy

I think I'm getting this!!!

All teams from each district will play each other in regular season.

Example: Our District

District 8

3A

Cannon Co.

Jackson Co.

Smith Co.

York Inst.

4A

Dekalb Co.

Livingston Aca.

Macon Co.

These teams would play each other in the season but then split for playoffs.

Not saying this will happen in this district. Because it probably won't. But what if all 3A teams faired better in the season than all the 4A teams. You would have a big mess when a 3A team finishes better than a 4A team and the 3A team doesn't make playoff and 4A team does.

I still like the GLOVER PLAN!!! LOL

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And wasn't this part of the equation? Travel distance being too great with rising gas prices? Now your team will be traveling even further. Good job TSSAA, you guys nailed this one /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

(actually it probably did help help a lot of teams but some parts of this change just don't make a lot of sense yet)

Not sure about the rest of you, yet I was completly mistaken on how I thought this plan would pan out. Guess I was thinking that we would play the same teams in football that we currently do in basketball. Did not realize that Districts would be completely redrawn as well....to busy crying about the multiplier. Someone please help me with the following questions:

1) Are all schools used to determine the class breaks in football or just the ones that play football?

2) If it is just the ones that play football, won't the breaks be different when tallied for other sports........therefore moving some up and down leaving some of these "same district" scenario messed up?

3) I assume the propsed Districts for others sports will be changed to match the football.......with no sub-classes?

4) You are mandated to play every team in your District right......there are 10 teams proposed in AA District 14 (3A/4A)? That's 9 of your games right there!

New plan does help us with Travel, yet increase medical bills will probably negate the difference!

I know I knoced him earlier........yet I am now for the GLOVER PLAN. Don't even remember what it was, but it was not THIS one I assume.

Appreciate the help!

I was misinformed on the attendance of the meeting and I stand corrected. Schools were allowed to attend they just were not allowed to give input. As for the input that was giving during the regional meetings, that meant very little to some of the board members. The vote was decided well in advance of the meeting. Carter met with Board members one on one and convinced them (5 of them) to vote how he wanted them to vote. Carter said that plan was reworked from the last time (when it failed) and that I believe is the truth. It was reworked in order to ensure that the board members schools who were against it could benefit enough to support it this time and that's what happened. Again, I do not blame Carter for the manner in which he pushed HIS plan through. If someone can control everything in their surroundings I??™m sure that most people would do the same as him. Is this a bad plan? I don??™t know, time will tell! What I do know is that it was put into place because one man wanted it even after it was defeated before by the membership.

The Bigger Question comes to mind. How will the Coach T forums change. Now you've got Football discussion in a 1A,2A, 3A and 4A, 5A, and DII in the other. Will it now be classified into three forums with sub plots?

I don't know yet. We'll wait until this time next year and work that out, I guess.

I don't know yet. We'll wait until this time next year and work that out, I guess.

Please take the multiplier in to consideration. I expect my posts to be multiplied by 1.8. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> or is that divided by 1.8?

Bottom line is...........there is no fair way for everyone...............you can only please part of the people...part of the time. I personally think that changing the format every 8 years or so is really the "fairest" way in itself. Some that are screwed some years, will benifit the others........but over time most will benifit in one format or another. I do know this...........Privates and publics do not belong in the same arena........different rules so they should play different leagues.

The public/private debate has become an issue in many states and is slowly becoming an issue in many more. Eventually most states in up splitting in some way or another. It will happen here soon enough. Our neighbor to the south (alabama) is only a few years behind us in experienceing the same issues.

Am I the only one in favor of this plan? I actually LOVE the idea of actually playing schools that we are near. I certainly don't mind giving up playing Metro teams that I honestly don't care about to play Portland, Beech, and Station Camp instead. I do see how this would stink for the smaller schools of course, but I like this much more than the current one where you play schools that you have no real grudges against. Just me though I guess.