Owls Nest 08

In my 18 years of playing/coaching/watching high school football i have never seen a more lacksadaisical or careless bunch than last years ootlewah owls. they were weak, played with no heart, and just generally cruised through one of the easiest schedules i've seen in a long time. this years owls don't look to bring any more muscle or caring to this terrible team. good luck owls, you'll need it for sure.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am not saying Brady Reed is or will lose his starting job. I am saying that their may be a QB package installed for Cory Flanders. whats wrong with another dimension to the owls offense? I dont want to say any names, but you can probably figure out what safety position and which wr spot he will take. Go Owls!

Yes, you did say.........Brady and the 2 nd string qb were losing their jobs. Why dont you want to say names now?????

Corey Flanders will be the #2 qb , if not the #1 qb in time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hmmmmmmmmm,

I am the father of Brady Reed and as his parents his mother and I are very proud of him for what he does both on and off of the sporting fields of play. Now I"m not going to get on here and start talking back and fourth to some of you, but I do think it's time to answer some things that has been said. First of all, the move from Baylor to Ooltewah was very difficult to make but the main reason was a finiancial decision, the second reason was that it was the only school that had a great sports programs that we could move to and not loose a year of elligibility. not to mention EDUCATION. So for those of you who think you know, now you can say you really know. We also have some very dear friends that live there also, and I have 8 baseball players from Ooltewah that play baseball for me durring the summer. I would like to also add that wheather you know it or not these kids read this crap and some take it to heart. Some of you need to remember that this is just High School Football, and that some will play after this and that some will have 3-4 years of the best Friday Nights of their lives and some of you need to do the same as in move on. If the kids didn't read this it wouldn't be so bad but they do, and if a person reads that they make mistakes (High School Football Game) then they start to distrust themselves. I think if you feel you can coach and make the decisions in a game then get a coaching job, if not leave the coaching up to the best coaching staff in the state, and cheer our kids on and stop tearing down or building up certain ones. If you want to do something be possitive towards our entire team. I think our coaches will make whatever move needs to be made to win. And for PTO we didn't move because the coaches son was the QB and he was a senior not a junior. If you wish to talk more I'm normally watching practice each day.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It seems that I have been in hibernation too long. So I guess I'll start by making some people on here angry...oh well. FIrst of all, some of you need to grow the heck up! Discuss football, but putting kids down is ridiculous.

Mr. Reed, you should be proud of your son, regardless of whether he plays bad or good. He has had a lot of responisbilty on his shoulders due to football at a young age. I am also glad that you came to ooltewah for an education, lest we forget that's what school is about. I, for one, thank you for allowing him to play at OHS, he does have alot of potential. he is still growing, give him time.

Now I love football as much as the next person, but l refuse to downgrade players on this site. As for those of you who don't seem to know a thing about the new East Hamilton Middle & High School, let me inform you of a few things I do KNOW. First, and foremost, they will not begin the school year next AUgust with a senior class and will not have varsity sports the first year. They will most likely have Junior Varsity. As it stands now, if you are an incoming freshman to the new school you MUST attend the new school. If you are a sophomore, or junior, you may remain at OHS for the rest of your high school education but you will have no bus transportation. I personally don't see that many students transferring the first year. Now the 2nd and third years will be better for the new school. Your first "full school" will probably not be obtained until year 4 when the first freshman will be seniors. With that said, I don't see the athletics at the new school drawing that many "players" from OHS. Has anyone noticed how many homes are being built on Mountain View Rd? Ooltewah has attracted "transplants" for many years, and with VW coming, I only see the attendance at OHS remaining the same, with only a small dip in numbers, temporarily.

As for kids attending OHS that live in the Central zone, I was under the impression that Central was a "no kid left behind" issue, therfore kids could go to OHS. Now, I may be wrong on that, and if so, I apologize.

We have some good players on the team (sophomores included). I'm not sure we will go undefeated, but we will definitely give it a shot. The speed on the team is amazing if we can just learn to cut and break tackles like Marshall did in years past. Jackson and Smith are key players this year. I hope the attitude reamins as good as it seems to be now.

Good Luck Owls! I'll be there EVERY game to cheer you on, thru the good, bad, and ugly(hopefully there will be no "ugly" this year) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Loveshsfootball: I am not Brady's mom but I do know Brady very well. I just think people need to quit talking so much crap about these boys. You all need to grow up and realize that some of these things you say really hurt these boys. If you don't think they read this you aer crazy. And when you say that someone is going to take their position they have no idea where that is coming from b.c that is not what they are hearing at practice. Maybe you need to quit playing on the computer everyday and go out for a head coaching job, since you seem to know so much about it. Maybe you should go ask Benny Monroe for his spot since you know so much about the Owls Football program.

And quit talking about people like you know who they are, you probably have never even spoke to the Reed's nor their son for that matter. So maybe if you care so much about their lives you should ask them why they moved or what is going on in their lives? I am sure they would be happy to sit you down and tell you all about how hard it was for them to do some of the things they had to do.

So quit worrying about everyone else and look at the things in your life. Quit putting down kids and start building them up. They need encouragement from the fans not put downs. Every kid on that team has very good potential and if they put Cory Flanders in to run something like they did with Brian Marshall then I hope it will help Ooltewah. Brady is going to step up just like they all are and WIN some games this year. Hopefully all of them. But HOW ABOUT HAVING FAITH IN THEM AND CHEER THEM ON NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for mattolgesby or whatever: This team has way more heart this year than last year and maybe you should go back where you came from and cheer your team on instead of putting someone elses team down. You can sit back and watch this team run over some people this year.

Calm down...............nothing wrong with a litle contraversy, maybe who ever reads this will work a little harder and not walk around practice with sun glasses on thinking they ve got themselves a posotion for the rest of there high school carrer....it ll make everybody work harder and better!!!!!!!!! I dont understand why this package for Flanders came up all of the sudden, thats all.

I just don't think its far to the boys. You would never put down your own son, you might tell him to work a little harder but never tell him he is going to lose his spot.

I don't think the package for Cory Flanders is a bad thing but to say that Brady and Goose are going to lose their spots after they have work very hard throughout the summer and last year was the problem. i think the package would help if ran right but that will be the key. and I guess we will see soon enough, well not soon enough since we have another week before we play again.

And as far as why it came up you would have to ask the COACH on coachT, since he knows so much about it

I am the father of Brady Reed and as his parents his mother and I are very proud of him for what he does both on and off of the sporting fields of play. Now I"m not going to get on here and start talking back and fourth to some of you, but I do think it's time to answer some things that has been said. First of all, the move from Baylor to Ooltewah was very difficult to make but the main reason was a finiancial decision, the second reason was that it was the only school that had a great sports programs that we could move to and not loose a year of elligibility. not to mention EDUCATION. So for those of you who think you know, now you can say you really know. We also have some very dear friends that live there also, and I have 8 baseball players from Ooltewah that play baseball for me durring the summer. I would like to also add that wheather you know it or not these kids read this crap and some take it to heart. Some of you need to remember that this is just High School Football, and that some will play after this and that some will have 3-4 years of the best Friday Nights of their lives and some of you need to do the same as in move on. If the kids didn't read this it wouldn't be so bad but they do, and if a person reads that they make mistakes (High School Football Game) then they start to distrust themselves. I think if you feel you can coach and make the decisions in a game then get a coaching job, if not leave the coaching up to the best coaching staff in the state, and cheer our kids on and stop tearing down or building up certain ones. If you want to do something be possitive towards our entire team. I think our coaches will make whatever move needs to be made to win. And for PTO we didn't move because the coaches son was the QB and he was a senior not a junior. If you wish to talk more I'm normally watching practice each day.

Mr. Reed, i meant no disrespect to you or your son. It was wrong of me to assume the reason for the transfer, i apologize. I am glad that Brady is our QB and hope he continues to be. I just brought the idea of inserting Flanders at QB in a difffrent package, a little change of pace. This is an ooltewah football forum, where the fans can bounce ideas off one another. Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In my 18 years of playing/coaching/watching high school football i have never seen a more lacksadaisical or careless bunch than last years ootlewah owls. they were weak, played with no heart, and just generally cruised through one of the easiest schedules i've seen in a long time. this years owls don't look to bring any more muscle or caring to this terrible team. good luck owls, you'll need it for sure.

nice 1st ever post. here is a gift to you, ride on outta here buddy! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Loveshsfootball: I am not Brady's mom but I do know Brady very well. I just think people need to quit talking so much crap about these boys. You all need to grow up and realize that some of these things you say really hurt these boys. If you don't think they read this you aer crazy. And when you say that someone is going to take their position they have no idea where that is coming from b.c that is not what they are hearing at practice. Maybe you need to quit playing on the computer everyday and go out for a head coaching job, since you seem to know so much about it. Maybe you should go ask Benny Monroe for his spot since you know so much about the Owls Football program.

And quit talking about people like you know who they are, you probably have never even spoke to the Reed's nor their son for that matter. So maybe if you care so much about their lives you should ask them why they moved or what is going on in their lives? I am sure they would be happy to sit you down and tell you all about how hard it was for them to do some of the things they had to do.

So quit worrying about everyone else and look at the things in your life. Quit putting down kids and start building them up. They need encouragement from the fans not put downs. Every kid on that team has very good potential and if they put Cory Flanders in to run something like they did with Brian Marshall then I hope it will help Ooltewah. Brady is going to step up just like they all are and WIN some games this year. Hopefully all of them. But HOW ABOUT HAVING FAITH IN THEM AND CHEER THEM ON NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for mattolgesby or whatever: This team has way more heart this year than last year and maybe you should go back where you came from and cheer your team on instead of putting someone elses team down. You can sit back and watch this team run over some people this year.

I did not talk any CRAP about Brady or anyone. I was talking about the quarterback position at Ooltewah. I never once said anyone was going to take Brady's position. I SAID another quarterback getting some playing time might mix some things up for the opponent. I do have faith in them and cheer for them no matter what. YOU really have no idea. I would never ask Benny Monroe for his spot because I think he is one of the best if not the best coach in high school football coaching right now and I am not a coach. I was joking about you being his mother cause you seem a little sensitive. I doubt what I have said on here has an impact on Brady do you? I am NOT a cheerleader.. but I am a supporter. How did I TRASH Brady? Look at the stats. I am just talking some football. If you can't get on here and give your opinion then what is this for?. As for talking about their lives maybe you are getting me confused with someone else. I don't know how or why or could even speculate about Brady's life or why he came to Ooltewah. I am glad he did. I have always heard good things about him and his faimly. Maybe it is you that needs to GROW UP. I am not "worried" about anyone else's life or mine for that matter. I am doing fine. Now that Mattoglesby person is just trying to stir things up. Isn't that his first post. Go back and read all my posts. Last year and this year. Am I a basher? But am I not sorry for giving my opinion. I am sure It won't be the last time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />