Owls Nest 08

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owls will be fine,alot of talent at the skill positions! QB? probably (brady reed),but the sophmore (manning) might get some playing time,but who knows benny sticks w/ certain ones,if he sees some potential( every kid is different,every position is different)some kids will play both ways.Owls are young,they will be fine during the reg. season,but might hit a wall in the playoffs.

I think this year set's up well for the Owls. With 6 home games (the only tough away game is OR) and at least one QB with a years expierence under his belt this could be a great year in the regular season. The freshman and JV teams have been great the past couple of years so there should be some good talent moving up. Skill positions look good, how are our O and D lines and linebackers going to look? I think we were overmatched in the trenches last year and that hurt us in the big games.

Bennie went out on a bit of a limb to give Reed some experience last year so I can't imagine that anyone other than Reed will be the QB. Is the big tough LB who ransferred from McCallie still there? He didn't graduate, did he? My recollection is that he was a sophomore last year but time slips away sometimes. Who will rplace Brian Marshall?

If a backup quarterback gets any playing time at the quarterback position it will be the first time in history. Jeremy Woods played very little, if at all behind his brother Zach Woods. With that said, Brady Reed is going to be the quarterback. Coach Monroe loves the junior, right hander who he believes will be the best quarterback he has ever coached.

Has anybody heard anything about a freshman or sophomore quarterback transferring to Ooltewah? He is said to be in the 6'2" or 6'3" range.

If a backup quarterback gets any playing time at the quarterback position it will be the first time in history. Jeremy Woods played very little, if at all behind his brother Zach Woods. With that said, Brady Reed is going to be the quarterback. Coach Monroe loves the junior, right hander who he believes will be the best quarterback he has ever coached.

Has anybody heard anything about a freshman or sophomore quarterback transferring to Ooltewah? He is said to be in the 6'2" or 6'3" range.

WOW!! every year is different,benny would never say that and I hope this soph. transfer is a recvr,because god knows ,we don't have any up and coming sophs that can catch!! since,shumaker quit.

WOW!! every year is different,benny would never say that and I hope this soph. transfer is a recvr,because god knows ,we don't have any up and coming sophs that can catch!! since,shumaker quit.

We don't NEED sophomore receivers, Einstein. We've got Seamster,Williams,Delaney,Norwood.Myricks,Zarzour and Mayfield as UPPER CLASSMEN. The sophomores including Shumaker will develop with time. Hopefully, the qb's are tall enough to see down the field and have the arm strength to throw the football ON TIME. I don't want to see any pee wee football with the qb keeping left and keeping right or where the busted play is his best play. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Good luck to all the Owls this year!

We don't NEED sophomore receivers, Einstein. We've got Seamster,Williams,Delaney,Norwood.Myricks,Zarzour and Mayfield as UPPER CLASSMEN. The sophomores including Shumaker will develop with time. Hopefully, the qb's are tall enough to see down the field and have the arm strength to throw the football ON TIME. I don't want to see any pee wee football with the qb keeping left and keeping right or where the busted play is his best play. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As a William Blount fan, I look forward to coming down to Ooltewah one final time??? Looks like with the redistricting after this year, we won't be making those Chattanooga area trips after that. With the success of your'alls freshmen team the past couple of years, I would have to think the Owls will be one of the preseason favorites to win their region.

Did I read somewhere that one of your defensive backs is being recruited by UT? Seems like he was a track guy??? Does he play on the offensive side as well?

YOU DO NEED YOUNG REC...........EINSTEIN, to get water (for UPPER CLASSMAN) and look good for the cheerleaders. Develop in time? He just doesnt want to play so leave him alone!! Theres several qb s that WERE tall enough but could nt cut it trying to remeber the pee wee plays! lol The main reason for the the qb keepers were the only rec (Shumaker) they had was wore out from CATCHING the ball and running down field...........thats the only way could give Shumaker a break!! Alot of qb s time get off at times ............... i remember 3 interceptions in one game from a qb who was tall enough but not so sure what he was looking at though /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> lol.

Do you mean the same recvrs,You said weren't any good and that the coaches were going to have there hands FULL? You constantly put down any and everybody,one day.Then for your sake of the argument,flip,flop..because YOU have nothing to cheer for.What QB are you referring to? You say good luck to all the owls,whatever.,.seems to me you are only there for your son,period! Owls could be 15/0,your son doesnt play(your upset),Owls are 0/10 and little johnny plays your happy.Always excuses,its always somebody elses fault,when something isn't in your favor.I may be wrong,but I bet,I'm not. CoachT used to be fun,not anymore.Certain groups get on here and shoot down,anybody and anything,they feel threaten by.

So,you must be talking about last years freshmen QB?So let me get this straight:Last years freshmen QB,wasn't any good,could not throw the football,he's only play was a busted play?! If,he was so bad,why was he QB?if,the plays where left/right(did he call his on plays?)I only ask these questions,because,I thought y'all won all the games,he was at qb.