Owls Nest 08

HAHA...jealous,about who?I'm not in school,nor do,I have kids in school., but,I must apoloize for getting on here and making an opinion.it's early and I commented on 1 scrimmage not 2 or 3 or the whole year..ONE SCRIMMAGE!!!,if he is better NOW,then good for him and you,but come now,"unstoppable",those WRs might be and theTB,I never said this kid was bad,simply made a comment that he obvisiously had a bad scrimmage in MY OPINION,and that from other QBs I've seen,he is behind them and if I see him again(good or bad),I will make an opinion..so get the chip off your shoulder and take it easy.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw where murphy's fair had owls 7th.Well,I have no faith in this poll.smyrna lost a coach,qb,alot of linemen.,.but yet they are ranked 1.brentwood went 5/6 and they are 4th or 5th,and franklin is in the top 5.The only one,I'll agree with is riverdale in the top 5. Owls did screw up last year,but at least they had a winning record.Well,like,I've always said,it only matters at the end.

Why does everyone think the lines will be weak, They have 3 starters on offensive line returning including Kranz who is probably the best and the 4th starter is the nosegaurd from last year who will be playing guard, if anything i think they need to prove they can through and catch the ball (Not saying they can't, just making the point I don't the line will be as weak as everyone on here is making out to be)

Why does everyone think the lines will be weak, They have 3 starters on offensive line returning including Kranz who is probably the best and the 4th starter is the nosegaurd from last year who will be playing guard, if anything i think they need to prove they can through and catch the ball (Not saying they can't, just making the point I don't the line will be as weak as everyone on here is making out to be)

I for one don't think,they will be weak.There,just isn't as much depth w/ linemen as with the skill positions.And you are right about the catching(and at times passing),hopefully reps will cure that before the season starts.

Saw last night on STUMP on SPORTS where Jaquez Smith was named 1 of the top underclassmen,either in the linemen category or overall. One quick question?the tennesse football magazine(title),is that done by stump or is he a writer,only reason,I ask is because,he showed a georgia version,also and it had his beloved warriors on the cover,and,I think he mentioned,he wrote an article in there,too.(not sure though)and where do you get a copy of that mag and murphys fair?

I read this morning Ooltewah has passed 2,000 students, if that's right they should never lack depth.

Also there has been some talk among the Chattanooga school board members on how "students should attend neighborhood schools," gas prices to bus students is part of the reason, overcrowded/under-used schools is another. Would this affect Ooltewah football or does virtually their entire team live out that way.

To answer both questions real fast: practice starts at around2:45 goes to around when Benny thinks they are ready to stop. 2nd qeustion: don't know about excat numbers,but yes MOST kids do live out there...if you think it's bad now wait and watch what happens to ooltewah and the new east brainerd school opens since VW is coming,they are already moving out that way,it will be worse now..,..DEPTH is an issue w/ the line not everybody moves in plays football,ooltewah has huge numbers coming out for ALL sports(boys/girls).So many good football players/athletes are choosing 1 sport to shine in, several boys choose wrestling or baseball instead of football since the name of the game nowadays is to be seen and get a scholarship somewhere.(no matter the sport or school)