Meigs County Problems

87Cat

I've been away from this area for a few years, I went by and observed some of the football camp going on in Sweetwater. Has anybody seen this Rayl kid from Meigs County? From what I heard he is looking to transfer out of Meigs County and the coach is not even trying to talk him out of it. What's up with that? I'm not a coach and don't claim to be. But if I was the coach and I had a quarterback with this kid's tallent, and had kids quitting every day like they are at Meigs, I would be camping at Mom and Dad's door trying my best to change his mind.

Is it that bad at Meigs? I think they have a new Head Coach if I'm not mistaken. From what I've heard he was a winner there in the past. Somebody told me they needed a Defensive Coordinator.

They have a pretty good tradition at Meigs, I think they won their region 2 years ago. Just wondering how it got this bad in just a couple of years.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about the Meigs situation but you are right that he is a first year coach. Their former coach (sorry don't know name) left to take over coaching at Chattanooga's East Ridge High School.

I've been away from this area for a few years, I went by and observed some of the football camp going on in Sweetwater. Has anybody seen this Rayl kid from Meigs County? From what I heard he is looking to transfer out of Meigs County and the coach is not even trying to talk him out of it. What's up with that? I'm not a coach and don't claim to be. But if I was the coach and I had a quarterback with this kid's tallent, and had kids quitting every day like they are at Meigs, I would be camping at Mom and Dad's door trying my best to change his mind.

Is it that bad at Meigs? I think they have a new Head Coach if I'm not mistaken. From what I've heard he was a winner there in the past. Somebody told me they needed a Defensive Coordinator.

They have a pretty good tradition at Meigs, I think they won their region 2 years ago. Just wondering how it got this bad in just a couple of years.

Is he that good? He had pretty good numbers last year but heard he struggled against good teams. Its easy to quarterback with the running backs and receivers they had last year. WHY should a coach have to recruit their own players? Sounds to me like he is running away from a less talented team. Who says they need a defensive coordinator? Have other coaches besides Martin left the program?

Is he that good? He had pretty good numbers last year but heard he struggled against good teams. Its easy to quarterback with the running backs and receivers they had last year. WHY should a coach have to recruit their own players? Sounds to me like he is running away from a less talented team. Who says they need a defensive coordinator? Have other coaches besides Martin left the program?

I don't see it as running from a less talented team. I think it's more like jumping from a sinking ship. I don't think they are looking for a D C. . But I think the one they have now is the reason for a lot of the players leaving. Keep in mind when grading him, Rayl was just a Sophomore last year.

I was in the stands at the spring game against Midway, and he struggled against the Green Wave. He didn't seem to have alot of time, but when he did he couldn't seem to place his passes. I think he completed 3 passes the whole scrimmage after 20 attempts or so, all to the same player. He doesn't seem to spread it around very much, just focusing on one reciever. In my eyes Rayl is a very good player, but at the same time, highly overrated.

The real question is "Can he beat out Jackson?"

I don't see it as running from a less talented team. I think it's more like jumping from a sinking ship. I don't think they are looking for a D C. . But I think the one they have now is the reason for a lot of the players leaving. Keep in mind when grading him, Rayl was just a Sophomore last year.

How many players have left? Anyone who was a starter?

I was told that they never replaced their previous Defensive Coordinator. I think he was promoted to principal and they have been short one coach since then. Player count is at 23 right now.

I was told that they never replaced their previous Defensive Coordinator. I think he was promoted to principal and they have been short one coach since then. Player count is at 23 right now.

The information you are getting is incorrect. I talked to a parent of a player from Meigs and they have had 38 at workouts and 3 have moved to Meigs to make a total of 41. One being a kicker that they have needed for several years. Also one kid has quit since spring practice so that makes 40. 21 of these are Freshman and Sophomores that didn't lose a game in Middle School in two years. They have a DC and are going to allow two former head coaches to be volunteer assistants this year. They still have an assistant position open and are looking for someone to do the job. It appears that someone is trying to make a bigger issue than what it appears to be. Meigs has a lot of good young talent and it would be a shame if Rayl left for whatever reason. I have been around high school football since the early 70s and the name Rayl has been tied Meigs football since then. The people of Meigs County has always been a tight knit community and I could not imagine a Rayl playing for another school.

The information you are getting is incorrect. I talked to a parent of a player from Meigs and they have had 38 at workouts and 3 have moved to Meigs to make a total of 41. One being a kicker that they have needed for several years. Also one kid has quit since spring practice so that makes 40. 21 of these are Freshman and Sophomores that didn't lose a game in Middle School in two years. They have a DC and are going to allow two former head coaches to be volunteer assistants this year. They still have an assistant position open and are looking for someone to do the job. It appears that someone is trying to make a bigger issue than what it appears to be. Meigs has a lot of good young talent and it would be a shame if Rayl left for whatever reason. I have been around high school football since the early 70s and the name Rayl has been tied Meigs football since then. The people of Meigs County has always been a tight knit community and I could not imagine a Rayl playing for another school.

I know the two former Head Coaches offered their services, One of them is a Rayl. But I believe their offer was declined. Which coach is the DC?

Good thing you don't claim to be a coach because if you kissed one kids tail trying to get him to stay then you better be kissing 40 more tails. If the kid has no more community pride than to transfer to Central then I say GOOD BYE !!!!!

Good thing you don't claim to be a coach because if you kissed one kids tail trying to get him to stay then you better be kissing 40 more tails. If the kid has no more community pride than to transfer to Central then I say GOOD BYE !!!!!

Don't think they have 40 tails left to kiss, Unless your counting parents too. Has he transfered to Central already, or just thinking about it?