Class 2A: Region 8 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan....10-0 entering the playoffs. Nobody in this region is even close. Prob. no games within 2 T.D.'s.

Prob. not much comp. in the playoffs, maybe GP will put up a fight.

14-0 when they meet Alcoa. They may not win it all, but they will give them a game.

Now I feel sick.......... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Anyway.........ROLL TIDE

I see it finishing as this:

1) Milan - making it to the 'boro

2) Westview - always have a strong defense and a solid offense

3) Gibson Co. - something GC hasn't had in a long time is speed on the team. we have it this year and it'll help!

4) Humboldt - athletes galore, I think the new coach get's Humboldt into the playoffs

5) JCS - they lost alot but I still think they will compete.

6) Trenton - they, like Humboldt, always have the athletes. this year they'll be without Kendal Harper and Co.! rebuilding year!!!

7) USJ - their passing attack is always there! they lost their QB so I see the new one having a few problems against other varsity teams.

8) Dresden - their new coach came into a tough situation. no Hewett's and no Vallee's, their rebuilding.

#4 and #5 could be swapped around.

I see it finishing as this:

1) Milan - making it to the 'boro

2) Westview - always have a strong defense and a solid offense

3) Gibson Co. - something GC hasn't had in a long time is speed on the team. we have it this year and it'll help!

4) Humboldt - athletes galore, I think the new coach get's Humboldt into the playoffs

5) JCS - they lost alot but return Jabriel Washington. I still think they will compete

6) Trenton - they, like Humboldt, always have the athletes. this year they'll be without Kendal Harper and Co.! rebuilding year!!!

7) USJ - their passing attack is always there! they lost their QB so I see the new one having a few problems against other varsity teams.

8) Dresden - their new coach came into a tough situation. no Hewett's and no Vallee's, their rebuilding.

#4 and #5 could be swapped around.

GCPioneer,

You may want to check a TCA roster. Jabriel Washington will be a sophomore quarterback for Trinity Christian Acadamy. How you have him as a returning player for JCS is beyond me.

My early pre-season predictions on the order of finish in Region 8-2A.

1 Milan- If they don't listen to the hype, they are a favorite to reach the semi final round.

2 Martin Westview- Most likely challanger to Milan. They graduated alot of talent, but the tank isn't empty.

3 Humboldt- Graduated alot of talent, but they may have some of the speediest young guys in the region.

4 Jackson Christian- Made the 2A playoffs in their first year in 2A. Looking to repeat that performance.

5 Trenton- Kendall Harper and alot of other talent are gone. Rebuilding year.

6 USJ- Getting more competative in 2A with each passing year. No different this season.

7 Gibson County- Well, they won't finish last in the league.

8 Dresden- Several games will be played with a running clock in the second half this season.

This top of this division (Milan and Martin Westview) is pretty well defined, as well as the bottom of the division (Gibson County and Dresden) in my opinion. Positions 3-6 will be a dog fight throughout the season. A couple of teams in this group that won't make the playoffs would make them if they were in almost any other region in the state.

HA, I stand corrected. I don't know why I was thinking Jabriel played with JCS.

GC has a team with speed and size this year. Don't be surprised to see them beat some of these teams in 8-2A. We have 3 boys currently running in the 4.4's which is pretty good for Gibson Co. football. We return all of our O-Linemen except for All-Region Jeremy Copley. We lost Antoine Cunningham but we have a RB that runs harder than Antoine but not as quick as Antoine in Chase Arnold. This will be the second year of Matt Smith at QB. Don't be surprised to see GC make it into the playoffs.

How can you say semi-final round? Goodpasture lost ALOT from last year and Milan practically returns all of their key players. They'll have to replace a couple of linemen but they won't have any problems with that. I see Milan at the ship this year taking on Alcoa!

This ia a great region. may take

1. Milan (10-0) strong agreement for a state title run.

2. Westview(9-1) Going to be a good battle for first!

3. JCS(7-3) Well coached and proved they could play with the big boys.

4. Humboldt(6-4) New coach well find away to win

5. Trenton(5-5) rebuilding year

6. Gibson co. (5-5) want to see them in playoffs but until they show they can win constant cant pick it.

7. USJ (3-7) Missing 1a football!

8. Dresden(2-8) Going to be a down year

HA, I stand corrected. I don't know why I was thinking Jabriel played with JCS.

GC has a team with speed and size this year. Don't be surprised to see them beat some of these teams in 8-2A. We have 3 boys currently running in the 4.4's which is pretty good for Gibson Co. football. We return all of our O-Linemen except for All-Region Jeremy Copley. We lost Antoine Cunningham but we have a RB that runs harder than Antoine but not as quick as Antoine in Chase Arnold. This will be the second year of Matt Smith at QB. Don't be surprised to see GC make it into the playoffs.

How can you say semi-final round? Goodpasture lost ALOT from last year and Milan practically returns all of their key players. They'll have to replace a couple of linemen but they won't have any problems with that. I see Milan at the ship this year taking on Alcoa!

Have no idea who HA is GCPioneer. Better take those rose colored glasses off. They are definately clouding your judgement about who made what post, who plays for what team, and who will make the playoffs. But then again, optimism can be a wonderful thing. Sometimes it's just not realistic. I have watched, played, and closely followed high school football for close to 40 years. I'll stand by my predictions.