best games to see this year

powerp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO ...I don't care if Dyer County moves up next year or not...They should NEVER cancel this series...That is one game that would be for BRAGGING RIGHTS for the county...Plus you talk about a MONEY MAKER.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I know it's a money maker, but money isn't everything. Bragging rights for who? If Dyer County is the larger school what would they have to brag about, beating a smaller school? And if they didn't play each other hopefully the mouthing would stop.

Just like Blount County...You have Maryville and you have Alcoa...They play each other EVERY YEAR...One is usually the state champ in one classification and the other is the state champ in another location...Like a coach from Gibson County told me about 4 years ago.. ..."I don't know why they haven't been playing each other for years"...Personally I hope that is one series that will be around forever"....GO TROJANS!...That is one argument that has raged for years..going back to the 70's when my good friend Choctawqb73 led his team to a state title and Dyersburg had the Jimmy Noonan/James Patrick teams that lost to eventual State Champ Father Ryan 21-0....How was the better team?...Hope it never stops..

Just like Blount County...You have Maryville and you have Alcoa...They play each other EVERY YEAR...One is usually the state champ in one classification and the other is the state champ in another location...Like a coach from Gibson County told me about 4 years ago.. ..."I don't know why they haven't been playing each other for years"...Personally I hope that is one series that will be around forever"....GO TROJANS!...That is one argument that has raged for years..going back to the 70's when my good friend Choctawqb73 led his team to a state title and Dyersburg had the Jimmy Noonan/James Patrick teams that lost to eventual State Champ Father Ryan 21-0....How was the better team?...Hope it never stops..

Truth is DHS n DC didnt play for many years goes back to the late 40"s when DHS was the powerhouse of the Big Ten Conf. and State , cuz of fighting (like a family feud stayed away from one another). Finally in the past 7-8 years they have re-vented the "Rivarly"! IM very happy they have and should continue the "Backyard" game FOR EVER. ITS GREAT FOR BOTH SCHOOLS AND DYER COUNTY.

I here ya Stevie, Ive always wondered ... who was the better team in "73?? Real studs on both teams, but thats nothing new for these two programs to have several great players each year. GO TROJANS!!!

I know it's a money maker, but money isn't everything. Bragging rights for who? If Dyer County is the larger school what would they have to brag about, beating a smaller school? And if they didn't play each other hopefully the mouthing would stop.

DC was the smaller school till DC new h.s. was built several years ago. DC student enrollment has grown ever since. ITS Not mouthing or bragging == its one for all ,and all for one Till that One "Special" Friday night in Dyer County. Then its on !!!

DC was the smaller school till DC new h.s. was built several years ago. DC student enrollment has grown ever since. ITS Not mouthing or bragging == its one for all ,and all for one Till that One "Special" Friday night in Dyer County. Then its on !!!

Dyer County was A in the old system for years...While Dyersburg was AAA...You had guys who went to both schools...yet played Summer Baseball together over at the old Connie Mack baseball park for years and the arguments would go on all summer...While Dyer County would have a good season in A...And Dyersburg would struggle playing JCM, Brownville and Germantown...The "Newbern Boys" would always say how "WE WOULD HAVE TORN DYERSBURG UP"...To which The Dyersburg faithful would have to remind them......"There is a BIG DIFFERENCE in playing Greenfield and playing Haywood County"...Now all the kids it seems are going to DC...Dyersburg's enrollment is dropping and DC is pushing 4A.....Still they should never let the series die....Keep it going it is good for both schools and like I said before it is a MONEY MAKER!... You are either Black and Gold or Orange and White...Just the way it is...