AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

Speaking of Beat Downs- How about the first round game at State last year:

Collierville 6 Soddy and Daisy 0.

Heck, Collierville had to beat two teams! They scored 3 goals on Soddy and 3 on Daisy.

Maybe, if the voters didn't have to split their votes on either Soddy or Daisy, they would have ended up in the top ten final poll.

Just a thought...

Cleansheet nice post. LOL (And yes the dig was at me, but thanks Don C and G), ....Yes SD got beat by a very GOOD Collierville team last year at state. And unless your a Bearden fan alot of other teams got beat by Collierville last year and alot are going to get beat by Collierville this year. They have a great program and great players there. But I'm sorry, I see no shame in the season that SD had last year.

Good luck this year to whatever team you support this year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transam,

If most of the OR players are from the Krossfire team, and if the club teams that roster most of the Powell team beat the Krossfire fairly soundly, then the Powell team should be considered the favorite in this district, unless West is also loaded this year?

Well one could hope, but as we all know the games have to be played. I do believe that Oak Ridge will be strong year in and year out as will West, the idea behind my original post was not to belittle West or Oak Ridge, just to let them know Powell is a little older now and more experienced than in the past.....and the girls are very hungry. In essence they won't be intimidated the way they were 2 years ago as a team loaded with Freshmen. Should be a very fun and interesting Season in our District.

Two lucky rebound goals doesn't make "the scorer" a replacement for Trenna Howell.

Surely you picked up on the fact that he is promoting his daughter......It is good that she is an aggressive player with good skills and crashes the goal; however, it takes a team effort to win continuously. I have no doubt his daughter will score lot's of goals, but as Trenna Howell had support last year in scoring, they have to have a team effort every year.

Surely you picked up on the fact that he is promoting his daughter......It is good that she is an aggressive player with good skills and crashes the goal; however, it takes a team effort to win continuously. I have no doubt his daughter will score lot's of goals, but as Trenna Howell had support last year in scoring, they have to have a team effort every year.

Hmm. That wasn't the motivation at all. The point was that it was the underclass that did this and yes it was a team effort. If you check closely, it was someone else that posted the video in the first place.

Two lucky rebound goals doesn't make "the scorer" a replacement for Trenna Howell.

That wasnt the point of the post. The point was to show it was a team effort, and that those girls will be back. The fact that the player was there to read the game and be in the right place and make the most of the situation was outside the original intent.

Happy to see a lot of discussion from one district in the East. How about the Middle? You guys are really silent. One could make the point that there are more outstanding teams from the Middle part of the State than anywhere else.

For example, as a soccer fan, I am interested in the Franklin team. I thought that at the end of last year they seemed to be as strong as anyone. They got knocked out of the State tourney last year (by Siegel?). Will they rebound this year? Are they going to be as strong, or nearly as strong as last year?

Any other good story lines from the Middle?

OR has players from Krossfire, KFC, Impact. Club is club, HS is HS. Different animal. These players will be back for at least 2 more years, the scorer for 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVk8xnzOjg

Good point. I would like to take a moment just to reflect on how good of a HS soccer player Trenna Howell was. I got to see her a couple of times last year. Just a lot of fun to watch.

You know, we are blessed with a lot of excellent players here in the East / Southeast. Even with the graduation of Trenna and similar talents such as Ulrich, Canter, etc, we still have a lot of exciting kids and teams out here.

That wasnt the point of the post. The point was to show it was a team effort, and that those girls will be back. The fact that the player was there to read the game and be in the right place and make the most of the situation was outside the original intent.

I know that just a few years ago Oak Ridge was able to field a full JV team and rostered somewhere around 35 total players. Now their website only lists 22 varsity players and no JV. Since you are obviously an Oak Ridge parent, can you tell me why Oak Ridge has had such a dropoff in roster size the past few years? Is it because of the coach or ???

I know that just a few years ago Oak Ridge was able to field a full JV team and rostered somewhere around 35 total players. Now their website only lists 22 varsity players and no JV. Since you are obviously an Oak Ridge parent, can you tell me why Oak Ridge has had such a dropoff in roster size the past few years? Is it because of the coach or ???

Global warming.

Hmm. That wasn't the motivation at all. The point was that it was the underclass that did this and yes it was a team effort. If you check closely, it was someone else that posted the video in the first place.

Funny, everyone looks at the same video, yet ask them to share what they saw and you'll get 100 different answers.

I saw a goalie who failed to collect two balls.