AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

Transam,

If I'm not mistaken, you are a Powell supporter. From the description of the talent the team has, it seems possible indeed that Powell will be formidable this year, especially if their coaching situation gets sorted out favorably.

Hamlet,

Guilty as charged /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , yes I am a Powell supporter, fan, or whatever they want to call me. Hopefully, they will have a very good year, fortunately I get to be one of those parents who gets to enjoy it or encourage my daughter to work harder. Anyhow, thanks, you got the point it was all in fun with high hopes.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, my daughter's Competitive team and another 2 teams in the her club played them or should I say toyed with them!!!!!!!!

Well, I did some research about this Krossfire team and in May they won a very competitive tournament in Atlanta here are the results on Soccer in College. Also I noticed that they play U17 in all the college showcase tournaments and played very tight games with high ranked true U17 or U18 teams, when most of the girls on the roster were U15-16. Perhaps they did not have all their players when your daughters team and others "toyed" with them. And if I am correct the Lady Freedom is your clubs U18-U19 team. Seems like I wouldn't put Oak Ridge that far out of it.

Cannons Spring Challenge Cup

May 2008

Under 19 Girls Gold Division

X

W 3-0 Concorde Fire South 91 Elite

W 3-1 Lady Freedom

W 2-0 Afc Lightning 91 Silver

W 2-0 Lady Cannons 92 Gold

Wow, Horrible? Interesting, and what team might yours be? I only re-call 1 game all season where we were totally out of it, that was Oak Ridge in the District Tournament, with our starting Sweeper out injured, and a total lack of focus due to the distraction with former Coach gone and Assistant out of her league coaching. Nothing against the assistant but no one was prepared for what happened.

Also, I never said they should be the Favorite coming out of the District, I just made a fan pick, for that matter with your arrogance, I doubt you are a fan, just a know it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as my Trans Am you wish!

Interesting, the only game Powell was totally out of it was the game Trenna Howell didn't even play. All seven goals scored were by 3 Freshmen and 2 Somphores. All who are returning this season. I think Oak Ridge will do just fine this year.

Well, I did some research about this Krossfire team and in May they won a very competitive tournament in Atlanta here are the results on Soccer in College. Also I noticed that they play U17 in all the college showcase tournaments and played very tight games with high ranked true U17 or U18 teams,

Just for the record, teams with a national ranking of 200th or worse are not considered "highly ranked"

May 2008

X

W 3-1 Lady Freedom

All of those team are ranked around 300th or worse nationally. It may have been a competitive tournament, but when a team ranked in the high 200's beats teams in the low to mid 300's, it's not really much to get excited about.

I don't think any of this has much to do with high school soccer anyway, since the makeup of the teams are not the same. Anyone who has seen what a difference a few guest players make in club soccer certainly should understand that a few quality players can make a profound difference in any team's performance.

Well, I did some research about this Krossfire team and in May they won a very competitive tournament in Atlanta here are the results on Soccer in College. Also I noticed that they play U17 in all the college showcase tournaments and played very tight games with high ranked true U17 or U18 teams, when most of the girls on the roster were U15-16. Perhaps they did not have all their players when your daughters team and others "toyed" with them. And if I am correct the Lady Freedom is your clubs U18-U19 team. Seems like I wouldn't put Oak Ridge that far out of it.

May 2008

X

W 3-1 Lady Freedom

Their Coach refused to put the 4-0 Loss they suffered to the KFC Mustangs, and the loss to the KFC Magpies, and the loss to the KFC Diamonds.....make sure you ask their coach why he hid those games on Soccer in College.

Their Coach refused to put the 4-0 Loss they suffered to the KFC Mustangs, and the loss to the KFC Magpies, and the loss to the KFC Diamonds.....make sure you ask their coach why he hid those games on Soccer in College.

All three of those games are listed on the Krossfire soccerincollege.com page. In addition, the 4-0 score you stated was actually 3-0.

Wow, Horrible? Interesting, and what team might yours be? I only re-call 1 game all season where we were totally out of it, that was Oak Ridge in the District Tournament, with our starting Sweeper out injured, and a total lack of focus due to the distraction with former Coach gone and Assistant out of her league coaching.

I checked your record. The reason you were not out of many games last year is that you only had two games against ranked teams last year - a 4-0 loss to Oak Ridge in the regular season and a 7-0 loss to Oak Ridge in the district.

In most soccer circles 4-0 is a beat down. And you might not have had your sweeper, but, as someone else has said, they didn't even have Howell in the 7-0 game.

Speaking of Beat Downs- How about the first round game at State last year:

Collierville 6 Soddy and Daisy 0.

Heck, Collierville had to beat two teams! They scored 3 goals on Soddy and 3 on Daisy.

Maybe, if the voters didn't have to split their votes on either Soddy or Daisy, they would have ended up in the top ten final poll.

Just a thought...

Speaking of Beat Downs- How about the first round game at State last year:

Collierville 6 Soddy and Daisy 0.

Heck, Collierville had to beat two teams! They scored 3 goals on Soddy and 3 on Daisy.

Maybe, if the voters didn't have to split their votes on either Soddy or Daisy, they would have ended up in the top ten final poll.

Just a thought...

Pretty classless post. Soddy Daisy played an exceptional game in the sectionals, beating Riverdale 1-0 in an upset win. They then the bad luck to draw Collierville in the first round. I hope your team doesn't ever have the misfortune to have to play against a team that is in a different league than yours...

All three of those games are listed on the Krossfire soccerincollege.com page. In addition, the 4-0 score you stated was actually 3-0.

You are correct on the 3-0, forgot 1 goal called back on offsides. But still could have been worse, considering we had players play that were for a younger team as well to get them some experience as well as the Coach used the game as a tryout for a couple of other players that didn't end up making the team. Obviously, we all have our own perspective and can watch any game and come away with a different opinion. At the end of the day, they lost soundly to the Mustang, Magpies, and Diamonds. Not saying they aren't bery good players because there are players on the Krossfire that are very good, what was originally stated still stands. It was one fan's idea of possible finish in the District, and was meant to get discussion and others ideas and opinions of where their teams are this year. If you have and opinion of where your team is going to finish fine, post it, but don't expect to get any flack, I obviously expected alot. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are correct on the 3-0, forgot 1 goal called back on offsides. But still could have been worse, considering we had players play that were for a younger team as well to get them some experience as well as the Coach used the game as a tryout for a couple of other players that didn't end up making the team. Obviously, we all have our own perspective and can watch any game and come away with a different opinion. At the end of the day, they lost soundly to the Mustang, Magpies, and Diamonds. Not saying they aren't bery good players because there are players on the Krossfire that are very good, what was originally stated still stands. It was one fan's idea of possible finish in the District, and was meant to get discussion and others ideas and opinions of where their teams are this year. If you have and opinion of where your team is going to finish fine, post it, but don't expect to get any flack, I obviously expected alot. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Transam,

If most of the OR players are from the Krossfire team, and if the club teams that roster most of the Powell team beat the Krossfire fairly soundly, then the Powell team should be considered the favorite in this district, unless West is also loaded this year?

Pretty classless post. Soddy Daisy played an exceptional game in the sectionals, beating Riverdale 1-0 in an upset win. They then the bad luck to draw Collierville in the first round. I hope your team doesn't ever have the misfortune to have to play against a team that is in a different league than yours...

Well said, my friend...