AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

and what happened the year before that so it should be a good one this year

Don't forget you all are a AAA and we are AAA and we are still 1-1 the past two years and we won our district the past two years

and you all?

That is because the prediction is just that off the wall, unjustified, etc...

thank you easttnref

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin- Highly overrated the past several years and never can win the big one.

Bearden- Highly underrated and has showed up and won the big games. You think people might just give them a lot more respect than I have seen provided on this forum.

Out West:

Houston 2004 State Champs/ 2005 semi's

Collierville 2005 State Champs / 2006 and 2007 State Finalists.

Regardless of how "weak" the rest of the state feels about this region, they have performed rather well the past four years.

Houston should be a strong contender this year- new coach and some new players.

You know you hit it on the head 'cleansheet' when you stymied the replies on your post!

Call 'em as you see'm!

thank you easttnref

No one knows how the season is going to transpire, anything can happen. As far as being unjustified, that is your opinion which you are entitled to, doesn't mean either of us are going to be right, but it doesn't mean either of us won't be right. I know the Coach is going to have his work cut out for him this year. I have watched the Krossfire, a competitive team full of Oak Ridge High School players this Spring, and I hope for your sanity he can work some miracles.

No one knows how the season is going to transpire, anything can happen. As far as being unjustified, that is your opinion which you are entitled to, doesn't mean either of us are going to be right, but it doesn't mean either of us won't be right. I know the Coach is going to have his work cut out for him this year. I have watched the Krossfire, a competitive team full of Oak Ridge High School players this Spring, and I hope for your sanity he can work some miracles.

regardless I am sure all of oakridge team is not on one club team and i am sure Oak ridge coach will have the girls ready to rock by district time he always does

and who is powell's new coach anyway I hope he or she will take the program to a new level, with the talent you all have on both sides boys and girls I think you all have under achieved the past couple of years more on the girls side than boys

Out West:

Houston 2004 State Champs/ 2005 semi's

Collierville 2005 State Champs / 2006 and 2007 State Finalists.

Regardless of how "weak" the rest of the state feels about this region, they have performed rather well the past four years.

Houston should be a strong contender this year- new coach and some new players.

I know I'll get some blow back from Canes on this but the point I would make regarding Houston and Collierville is that they are almost assured a ride to the state tournament when they win district. If they were in a more competitive region there is the chance that they might not make it thru because of an off night against a competitive team. Examples last year would be Riverdale, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Farragut. Good teams that would have been competitive in the state tournament but because of a strong district or an off game in the sectional, etc. did not make it thru.

There is no doubt that Houston and Collierville have excellent programs it's just if they had to play through the same competitive regions and sectionals that the Mid and West TN teams do they might not make through every year.

regardless I am sure all of oakridge team is not on one club team and i am sure Oak ridge coach will have the girls ready to rock by district time he always does

and who is powell's new coach anyway I hope he or she will take the program to a new level, with the talent you all have on both sides boys and girls I think you all have under achieved the past couple of years more on the girls side than boys

You are correct easttnref, hopefully this new Coach will just manage the Team, let his Assistant, former Vol Player instruct, and let the girls use the things they have learned in Club ball to excell. Time will tell though.

I don't doubt the Riverdale prediction. I think Siegel will have much more of a challenge. Not only did they loose Winn and Miller, but also Gerhart. They looked weaker when Gerhart was out with her knee injury last year. There is also a rumor of a switch at the keeper position. Don't misunderstand. Still a very talented team, but they have some big holes to fill.

They beat Franklin without Gerhart and played Bearden tight without her. There isn't going to be a change at keeper. Nice attempt at starting a rumor. With all of that said, Riverdale is still going to be extremely tough, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood and Hendersonville should be good again. I will never count out Bearden,Farragut, Houston or Collierville. They are all talented programs with a lot of success the last few years.

Out West:

I know I'll get some blow back from Canes on this but the point I would make regarding Houston and Collierville is that they are almost assured a ride to the state tournament when they win district. If they were in a more competitive region there is the chance that they might not make it thru because of an off night against a competitive team. Examples last year would be Riverdale, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Farragut. Good teams that would have been competitive in the state tournament but because of a strong district or an off game in the sectional, etc. did not make it thru.

There is no doubt that Houston and Collierville have excellent programs it's just if they had to play through the same competitive regions and sectionals that the Mid and West TN teams do they might not make through every year.

Collierville & Houston have no control over who is in their district, no more than you do. So bragging or crying, it is a roll of the dice and is by no means a measure of the talent on the team or results of coaching that put you in a particular district. You have to play those teams.

You do however have a choice as to what "out of conference" or "out of district" teams you play. You guys seem a little light on that aspect. The East and the West seem to enjoy seeking out highly competitive teams, travel to all points within the state throughout the season. Last year, we brought in top teams from California and Ohio...where were you?

Well I guess you are hoping the High School team is better than the Competitive Team was this Spring, which comprised alot of the Players who attend Oak Ridge. If you have alot of players on the High School Team that play for a Competitive Team other than the Krossfire, then you may finish better than 4th! We will see, but hey we did accomplish setting off post 4th of July Fireworks!

Did you travel with the team and see every game to make such a bold statement?