AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

No one knows how the season is going to transpire, anything can happen. As far as being unjustified, that is your opinion which you are entitled to, doesn't mean either of us are going to be right, but it doesn't mean either of us won't be right. I know the Coach is going to have his work cut out for him this year. I have watched the Krossfire, a competitive team full of Oak Ridge High School players this Spring, and I hope for your sanity he can work some miracles.

TransAm,

Thanks for the laugh. I was having a horrible morning at work and this one perked me right up. POWELL...First. Unless you have added a ton of new players and some miraculous coach, you are not going anywhere. You mention the juniors that have started since they were freshmen...and accomplished what? That's like Vanderbilt being excited that they returned all the starters off a team that won two games. I would say the whole district is down. OR will have a hard time scoring without Howell. West lost some players. Karns may be a little better. The class of the area is clearly Bearden as usual. Farragut will probably be the other group out of the region if they play up to expectations. Willing to put your trans am on the line with your predictions?????

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trans am may have a good point. There is always a chance for an upcoming team to pull an upset or two in a season. I really don't have a dog in this race but isn't that the reason the games are played. Sounds like some teams fan thinks if they just show up they will win the whole thing.

That was not trans am's point. Sure an upset is possible, but he makes it seem like Powell is the favorite going in. On what basis...because some club team is not very good.

I don't have a dog in the fight either. I'm interested in the other half of this region. But POWELL. They were horrible last year. What has changed? I hope they knock West and OR off for our sake when playoffs come around but I won't be holding my breath!

That was not trans am's point. Sure an upset is possible, but he makes it seem like Powell is the favorite going in. On what basis...because some club team is not very good.

I don't have a dog in the fight either. I'm interested in the other half of this region. But POWELL. They were horrible last year. What has changed? I hope they knock West and OR off for our sake when playoffs come around but I won't be holding my breath!

Sounds like you have your team in the playoffs already also. I guess theres no possibility your team could be upset this year.

I think soccerknox is a Bearden or Farragut supporter so the possibility of one of those teams not making it out of district is about the same as you getting hit by a lightning strike when you walk out your front door. West Knox rocks.

I'm sure Farragut and Bearden will be very successful as always. But the fact that someone like that can run someone in the ground for making a prediction and turn right around and put their team in the playoffs in the same sentence. That is why this site is so funny to read.

Wow, Horrible? Interesting, and what team might yours be? I only re-call 1 game all season where we were totally out of it, that was Oak Ridge in the District Tournament, with our starting Sweeper out injured, and a total lack of focus due to the distraction with former Coach gone and Assistant out of her league coaching. Nothing against the assistant but no one was prepared for what happened.

Also, I never said they should be the Favorite coming out of the District, I just made a fan pick, for that matter with your arrogance, I doubt you are a fan, just a know it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as my Trans Am you wish!

Nope, my daughter's Competitive team and another 2 teams in the her club played them or should I say toyed with them!!!!!!!!

After looking at Oak Ridge's 2008 roster, I recognize a few names from some pretty darn good division 1 competitive teams. I doubt that they were playing with the Krossfire when your daughter's team or the others you mention "toyed" with them. Is your daughter's club team mostly players from Powell?

I have not heard of any high-profile club players that play for Powell, although I am certainly not an expert. You mentioned that Powell's players are all playing for Div. 1 & 2 teams. Were any of those teams good enough to qualify for state tournament?

For the record, the Krossfire is a division 1 team.

After looking at Oak Ridge's 2008 roster, I recognize a few names from some pretty darn good division 1 competitive teams. I doubt that they were playing with the Krossfire when your daughter's team or the others you mention "toyed" with them. Is your daughter's club team mostly players from Powell?

I have not heard of any high-profile club players that play for Powell, although I am certainly not an expert. You mentioned that Powell's players are all playing for Div. 1 & 2 teams. Were any of those teams good enough to qualify for state tournament?

For the record, the Krossfire is a division 1 team.

Actually, my daughter and another girl at Powell did play for a division 1 team, and they did qualify for State Division 1, and did tie the Impact during league play. As far as other players, there are at least 3 that play on other Division 1 teams that will be sophmores this year. 7-10 played on Div 2 team that missed getting their roster picked up at State by 1 day, so they didn't get to play in State League or tournament. However they did beat the Div 2 State Champion in a Tournament they both played in this Spring. They also beat the Krossfire, which did not play in State League nor qualify for the State Tournament at the Division 1 Level. I never said they would definitely win the District, I just was making a fan pick. Let me ask , has no one ever gone for their favorite team in any sport when doing office pools. Come on let's be realistic, none of us really know what is going to happen.

I played the game in both High School and College, as well as basketball, and have seen many teams not live up to expectations by their play, many who have had great seasons ruined unfortunately due to injury and other reasons. I have also seen teams everyone thought had no chance, win it all. The idea was in fun, with expectations for some fireworks, however it's the girls who get to play the game and make all of us look real smart or real stupid.

Actually, my daughter does play for a division 1 team, and they did qualify for State Division 1, and did tie the Impact during league play. As far as other players, there are at least 3 that play on other Division 1 teams that will be sophmores this year. 7-10 played on Div 2 team that missed getting their roster picked up at State by 1 day, so they didn't get to play in State League or tournament. However they did beat the Div 2 State Champion in a Tournament they both played in this Spring. They also beat the Krossfire, which did not play in State League nor qualify for the State Tournament at the Division 1 Level. I never said they would definitely win the District, I just was making a fan pick. Let me ask , has no one ever gone for their favorite team in any sport when doing office pools. Come on let's be realistic, none of us really know what is going to happen.

I played the game in both High School and College, as well as basketball, and have seen many teams not live up to expectations by their play, many who have had great seasons ruined unfortunately due to injury and other reasons. I have also seen teams everyone thought had no chance, win it all. The idea was in fun, with expectations for some fireworks, however it's the girls who get to play the game and make all of us look real smart or real stupid.

Transam,

If I'm not mistaken, you are a Powell supporter. From the description of the talent the team has, it seems possible indeed that Powell will be formidable this year, especially if their coaching situation gets sorted out favorably.