Morristown East Football

EASTFAN

East will be fine. Everyone knows GHS has the skilled players, but their offensive line is big, good feet and more experienced than people think. I still think East West and GHS are the teams in the hunt. Until proved otherwise, I will give GHS the edge for now.

You know how it is: a bad call, funny ball, or injuries.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to seem too much like Comp from the SSHS board but I would offer the following analogy.

From a Gorilla perspective:

MW is the aging alpha male. His harem is satisfied but looking to the future. Do not underestimate him because treachery can overcome youth. However, the aging alpha's mentor has left the tribe. How will he respond.

G'ville is the new alpha from outside the group. While appearing to be the best on paper, can he win over enough in the tribe and actually deliver? He certainly has represented the tribe well in their encounters with northeastern tribes in columbia blue.

ME is the nephew of MW and desperately wants to succeed to power. He just has not had the mojo to do so. Nothing really matters until ME beats the his alpha nemesis at MW. ME is talented but needs to prove he can close the deal.

I don't want to seem too much like Comp from the SSHS board but I would offer the following analogy.

From a Gorilla perspective:

MW is the aging alpha male. His harem is satisfied but looking to the future. Do not underestimate him because treachery can overcome youth. However, the aging alpha's mentor has left the tribe. How will he respond.

G'ville is the new alpha from outside the group. While appearing to be the best on paper, can he win over enough in the tribe and actually deliver? He certainly has represented the tribe well in their encounters with northeastern tribes in columbia blue.

ME is the nephew of MW and desperately wants to succeed to power. He just has not had the mojo to do so. Nothing really matters until ME beats the his alpha nemesis at MW. ME is talented but needs to prove he can close the deal.

Keep tryin ET.

The jamboree showed M.E. needing work on their defense . It seemed as if

they were not able to recognize whether it was a run play or a pass play as

Greenway had a field day passing the ball --9 of 12 attempts--and Hall running

the ball 4 times for 47 yards. Barner, Greeneville's main running back, did not

play. Greeneville ran a 4-4 defense which helped defend end runs for the most

part . M.E. offense looked much better than the defense . It is good that East

got a look at what they need to do if they expect to be competitive in the

Conference.

Please keep in mind that East does not take the jamboree as serious as GHS. East ran the same coverage scheme the whole night and GHS went no huddle and had on headsets. I am not knocking GHS for it but just pointing out how serious each team took the meaningless one qtr. affair. GHS beat east last year 13-0. They went on in week nine to score 14 pts and took overtime to do it. We will be just fine. They already made some changes on the D side of the ball and are gonna be OK.

Please keep in mind that East does not take the jamboree as serious as GHS. East ran the same coverage scheme the whole night and GHS went no huddle and had on headsets. I am not knocking GHS for it but just pointing out how serious each team took the meaningless one qtr. affair. GHS beat east last year 13-0. They went on in week nine to score 14 pts and took overtime to do it. We will be just fine. They already made some changes on the D side of the ball and are gonna be OK.

Oh so the Canes weren't really trying? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Oh so the Canes weren't really trying? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

READ my post. I said they ran the basic coverage and did not have a coach upstairs. They only ran one play that was not vanilla and that set up the touchdown. I know how well you like to stir things up and sing how great GHS is BUT I said that the staff at east does not take a jamboree that serious. So when you ask if they tried, the answer is: The kids on the field did the best they could with what the staff chose to show. BTW, the first TD was set up with a heck of a push off that was not called so I guess the refs did not try either. We will wait and play our football when the season starts. Now please go haunt a GHS thread and let east talk about east. Thank You.

READ my post. I said they ran the basic coverage and did not have a coach upstairs. They only ran one play that was not vanilla and that set up the touchdown. I know how well you like to stir things up and sing how great GHS is BUT I said that the staff at east does not take a jamboree that serious. So when you ask if they tried, the answer is: The kids on the field did the best they could with what the staff chose to show. BTW, the first TD was set up with a heck of a push off that was not called so I guess the refs did not try either. We will wait and play our football when the season starts. Now please go haunt a GHS thread and let east talk about east. Thank You.

EEEEEEXXXXXXCCCCCUUUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEEEEE MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....but if your gonna mention other 5 rivers teams in your thread you have basically sent an invitation... Ok so East is just getting started,does that mean your whining about officiating at the jamboree is just a warm-up as well. I mean how else can you blame your impending loss at Burley on "home-cooking" if you don't start now.........

Doesn't matter what coaches do. Young men in the trenches go at it hard regardless, GHS won in the trenches when it didn't count. Now they have to repeat it in couple of months when it does count.

Doesn't matter what coaches do. Young men in the trenches go at it hard regardless, GHS won in the trenches when it didn't count. Now they have to repeat it in couple of months when it does count.

We ran 2 plays between the tackles that gained 3 or 4 yards each and we ran a 3 man front on D and did not blitz much at all. I would not say that was a "win" in the trenches. I myself think that GHS is the favorite to win the conference. I am just being realistic about what I see.

It didn't help us any by scrimmaging Bearden Thursday night. The Devils were impressive on the offensive side of the ball.