MBA passing tournament

timbdp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is in it ?

According to this morning's Tennessean:

Montgomery Bell Academy is hosting 36 7-on-7 football games involving 10 area high schools on Friday. Games begin at 2:00 p.m. Participating teams are Centennial, Dickson County, Hillwood, Independence, Maplewood, MBA, McGavock, Pearl-Cohn, Smyrna and Stratford.

I would love to be able to attend!

How did things go out there today. Can anyone give a team-by-team breakdown?????

I was there for about 30 minutes towards the end of the day, although I spent the majority of that time trying to track down some vomit that my 8-year-old was intent on showing me on "around the 10 or 15 yard line" from an earlier episode (no joke).

Thus, I had to rely mostly on word-of-mouth. With the understanding that you never know the allegiances of those people you talk to, I heard mostly good talk about MBA, Independence, and Smyrna. I saw a little of MBA (1s) vs Smyrna around 5:00. Smyrna threw an INT (tipped pass) on the first play I saw; from the rest of Smyrna I saw, the QB seemed to have a decent arm, but timing was an issue (not that big of a deal this early in the summer). MBA seemed to move the ball well from what little I saw and has a good stable of QBs.

I heard a few good things about McGavock as well in my limited time there.

Beyond these two teams (SHS, MBA), I just didn't see much. I saw some pretty impressive-looking athletes playing in the 7-on-7 in left field of the baseball field as I was walking up to the main field around 5PM. Judging by the team colors, it appeared to be Stratford.

Sorry for the lack of detail; just wasn't there to see much. It was nice to get a taste of football, however.

I was there for most of the time, mba was the best team there with maplewood a close second although maplewood beat mba. Centenial looked good as well as independence. MBA picked apart stratford as well as most of the other teams. Smryna look farely well also

How did Maplewoods QB look?

I was there for about 30 minutes towards the end of the day, although I spent the majority of that time trying to track down some vomit that my 8-year-old was intent on showing me on "around the 10 or 15 yard line" from an earlier episode (no joke).

Thus, I had to rely mostly on word-of-mouth. With the understanding that you never know the allegiances of those people you talk to, I heard mostly good talk about MBA, Independence, and Smyrna. I saw a little of MBA (1s) vs Smyrna around 5:00. Smyrna threw an INT (tipped pass) on the first play I saw; from the rest of Smyrna I saw, the QB seemed to have a decent arm, but timing was an issue (not that big of a deal this early in the summer). MBA seemed to move the ball well from what little I saw and has a good stable of QBs.

I heard a few good things about McGavock as well in my limited time there.

Beyond these two teams (SHS, MBA), I just didn't see much. I saw some pretty impressive-looking athletes playing in the 7-on-7 in left field of the baseball field as I was walking up to the main field around 5PM. Judging by the team colors, it appeared to be Stratford.

Sorry for the lack of detail; just wasn't there to see much. It was nice to get a taste of football, however.

To heck with the play of the high schoolers, did you ever locate the vomit?